Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
xcrunner14
0 Kudos

Reading Suggestions!

I love to read! I always like to have a book to read in addition to the ones we're reading in school (which aren't always the most enjoyable books!), so I'm looking for suggestions. I love the Harry Potter series, the Hunger Games, and the Twilight saga. I also enjoy love stories like Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I really liked the Pretties trilogy, too. Currently, I'm reading Matched by Ally Condie. My favorite books are part action, part love story with a touch of sci-fi. I like futuristic books or wizards and vampires, but nothing too mystical! Thank you so much!

P.S. I'm 16 and a junior in high school, so nothing too "little-kiddish" :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Boleyn
0 Kudos

Re: Reading Suggestions!

I'm not sure if you have ever heard about The Mortal Instruments series but it sounds like a series you might enjoy. It is part romance, part action and has both vampires and warlocks in it. It does have a lot of supernatural beings so I am not sure if that would be "too much" for you. I think they are amazing and I really think that if you enjoyed Twilight then you would like these too.

Also I would reccomend Divergent if you like The Hunger Games and Matched. It is the same kind of futuristic society that controls the world with a special form of government. 

"It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing."
Contributor
maddie97
0 Kudos

Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires Series #1)  I really liked the Morganville Vampire Series, its has some romance and it seems like the story will never end, which i think is a good thing! I would reccomend it to anyone who like Twilight.

~Maddie
Contributor
TheSeer
0 Kudos

Contributor
trainreader4me
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1)  

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
New User
KiraBurgoyne

[ Edited ]

I think you might like Delirium. It focuses more on the love story a bit (they think of love as a disease, so it's to be expected), but it works for this story, and it has the other features you like. 

New User
xcrunner14
0 Kudos

Thank you so much! These books sound really good!

New User
AmeeND
0 Kudos

I strongly recommend the vampire academy series they are about vampire (duh) but its not the typical vampire book and there is a strong love interest throughout.And now there is a spin off series   

I loved them my best friend really likes the vampire books and she only recommend the best ones to me so I kw its good!

the first of the spin off