Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Run for fun???

Does anyone here besides moi find solace in running? Or biking or swimming? (We may be talking triathlons here.) If so, what do you do and why?
"Your dream vacation, smile hostage refuge, a work in progress, you bleed just like you puke while running the mile."

-Pretty Handsome Awkward, The Used
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Re: Run for fun???

Come on, don't be shy! There's bound to be some people out there as crazy--I mean TOTALLY FREAKIN' SANE--as I am!

"Your dream vacation, smile hostage refuge, a work in progress, you bleed just like you puke while running the mile."

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

i like to swim:smileyhappy:
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
mrs_brightside
0 Kudos

well i play all kinds of sports- organized (lacrosse and field hockey) and backyard (football, soccer, baseball etc.) and then, this year i joined the track team and i had to run for practice all the time, so i started running a lot. and fortunately for me, my dad works at a boarding school, so i live here and i can use the track for running and hurtles. and, my town is only 1 square mile, so theres a path around it called the loop, and i run it all the time. :smileyhappy:
"love is handing someone a gun, and letting it point to your head, believing that he won't pull the trigger."

oliver wood: he's a keeper :smileywink:

make love, not horcruxes.
Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

I like to run a lot though I can't do it for very long (bad knees) and I like to bike and swim, and play tennis somtimes. I also like to dance, particularly ballet. LOL
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Cool! My prime events in track are the 100 and 200 (I'm a sprinter xD), but I can do some long distance as well...but not very fast! Over all, my best mile time is, like, 6:36 and I can run two miles at a record of 15:37...slow I know, but for a sprinter that's not bad! Hurdles scare the crap out of me xD

Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

That's actually not bad for sprinting and running. It's a lot better than I could do, anyways. LOL I can run really fast a first, but I tire out quickly.
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Heh-heh. As I always say and my coaches would approve: Endurance comes first, then speed. A good way to increase your endurance is by "interval training"...sort of a "jog a minute, run a minute" thing, or even "run a minute, walk a minute". Whatever is best for you and your body. Meh...I went for an interval run earlier today. Six hours later and I'm still wide awake, and I have to get up at six-flipping'-o'-clock in the morning. Cheers xD

Contributor
cheergrl24
0 Kudos

I love running! I'm on the Track and Field team at my school and I have come in last every single race of my career...but I still run because I absolutely LOVE it!!! I also love the exercise and runner's high that comes along with it :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
mrs_brightside
0 Kudos

yeah, people often do not believe that i run a lot, because i am a little bit fat, but not like overweight. i throw shot put and discus, and do the 800. i am sooooo not a sprinter (mile time: 8:00) but my friend showed me how to do hurdles, so i've been practicing. 
"love is handing someone a gun, and letting it point to your head, believing that he won't pull the trigger."

oliver wood: he's a keeper :smileywink:

make love, not horcruxes.
Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

LOL I guess I need to get out and practice more. Thanks for the tips, I have to try them! ^_^
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

I like to play badminton and i like being in a pool it is relaxing and sometimes just playing volleyball
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

*breathes a sigh of relief* Whew! And to think I thought I was alone in the world of running!

Yeah, I've only just recently gotten into running...like, this year. My friend introduced me to triathlons and I've been addicted ever since. Speaking of which, I have a sprint tri this Sunday (my first!!!). I'm only scared to death about it, but I'll be okay...I think.

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

I love badmitten. I am like so good at it. If there was a team i would so join but there isn't so....i just beat whoever challenges me. =)
Inspired Wordsmith
Pennley_Love
0 Kudos

I find solace in my dancing. Lyrical lets me show my emotions, and I never hide while dancing. I find peace in biking, and it totally tones my leg muscles(:

I find relaxation in swimming. It totally calms me.

(this is kind of sounding like a poem...LOL!)

So TF, you are not the only one out there=)

Sincerely Yours,
Penn
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I love volleyball and biking but i have never been good at dancing i tried ballet once.........
"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Wordsmith
Pennley_Love
0 Kudos

Ohh maybe you should try something new. I was tired of basketball because I kind of sucked, and it got boring. So I tried dance... Best thing I ever did(:
Sincerely Yours,
Penn
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I play basketball to but im not very good at it and i also suck at badmitten
"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Bibliophile