Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

Re: Sarah Dessen

Dreamland is good,, i'm bout finished with it. Lock and key is also good but my fav is somelike you.

And ya idk how much i'm getting i'll i'm doing is working for my dady

You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

WinterLady wrote:
my favorite bood by Sarah would definatly have to be "The Truth About Forever" because I can really relate to the main character. It can be kind of sad at times, but then things pick up in the next chapter. it's a real page turner. i'm reading "Someone Like You" righ now, though i'm not very far, i'm just on the second chapter. i'm planning on getting "Lock and Key" the next time i see it, but i couldn't afford it last time i saw it at my local bookstore.

Hardcover is always pricey. They're coming out with a paperback cover for Lock and Key if you're interested. Personally, I like the paperback more than the hardcover. It's cute! It doesn't come out until May so if you can't wait that long, then just buy the hardcover lol. 

Here's the link to it.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Lock-and-Key/Sarah-Dessen/e/9780142414729/?itm=19

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
marisab20
0 Kudos

i just finished just listen and i loved it. although i still think the truth about forever is better. i thought about how they both go to a waffle place but never realized that it was the same one from the truth about 4ever and that macy and wes were there. i think its really cool how sarah intertwines her stores like that. next im gonna read this lulaby. i will wait til lock and key comes out in paperback  b4 i buy it.
You know you love me,
Marisa
Correspondent
JessTheTeacher_08
0 Kudos

Dreamland was the first story I read by Ms. Dessen and unfortunately I did not care for it too much. I really struggled to get through it but I eventually finished it and I just never got 'that into it.' I decided to give her another try and read The Truth About Forever...and wow, I LOVED that book. Finished it in less then 24 hours because it was so captivating and held my interest the entire time. I think it was because I could relate to it better then I could Dreamland. I am currently reading Ink Exchange and have a few more books to read after that but I still have Just Listen by Sarah Dessen to read. Hopefully I will enjoy it as much as I did TTAF. :smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Yeah, Dreamland was probably the oddest out of all of her books. But I still found it rather amazing. And I think in the end it had a great message for teens. 
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Distinguished Correspondent
xojewlzx012
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

marisab20 wrote:
i just finished just listen and i loved it. although i still think the truth about forever is better. i thought about how they both go to a waffle place but never realized that it was the same one from the truth about 4ever and that macy and wes were there. i think its really cool how sarah intertwines her stores like that. next im gonna read this lulaby. i will wait til lock and key comes out in paperback  b4 i buy it.

yeaa i loved how she put wes & macy there i thot tht was wicked cute. & when you finish this lullaby if you go back & look through just listen, the 2 main characters in this lullaby also show up in just listen.

Message Edited by xojewlzx012 on 02-22-2009 04:50 PM
" I'm completly capable of driving myself home!"
Of course she was but i wasn't capabale of letting her go
- bella & edward, midnight sun ♥
Frequent Contributor
marisab20
0 Kudos

i just read this lullaby and someone like you and this lullaby is my new favorite. i didnt think i would like any of sarah's book more than the truth about forever but i was wrong. i caught so connected with this lullaby. someone like you was good too but it took me a while to really get into it. at the ending, i caught tears in my eyes; it was such a happy moment.
You know you love me,
Marisa
Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

I just finished That Summer by Sarah Dessen, and I have to say that it is one of the worst books I have ever read. I am not saying that this defines all her other book becasue i plan to read This Lullaby and Just Listen because I here they are her best, but has anybody else read That summer and what do you guys think about it???
www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

iluvhersheys_andbooks wrote:
I just finished That Summer by Sarah Dessen, and I have to say that it is one of the worst books I have ever read. I am not saying that this defines all her other book becasue i plan to read This Lullaby and Just Listen because I here they are her best, but has anybody else read That summer and what do you guys think about it???

Aw man. I hope I like That Summer. After I'm done reading The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, I'm going to read Beedle the Bard. Then after that book I'm supposed to read That Summer.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Well  That Summer is a good book. But its her first book, so she was most likely still trying to find her writing style and such. I liked it, but I like all of her books.
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Well, I already own That Summer. I got it for Christmas from a friend of mine. So, I'll just have to judge for myself.

- Edward Cullen
New User
readinfreak
0 Kudos

hey, i love Sarah Dessen's books,

but--i havent read someone like you, that summer,

and lullaby....r they any good???

New User
readinfreak
0 Kudos

i havent read that summer but i heard it was pretty good---what

makes it one of the worst books?? i'd like to know cuz im goin

to the book store tomorrow and i was gonna buy it...whats it about and whys

it bad????

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

readinfreak wrote:

hey, i love Sarah Dessen's books,

but--i havent read someone like you, that summer,

and lullaby....r they any good???

I really enjoyed This Lullaby but that's the only book I've read by her so far. I own That Summer, so that'll be coming up on the next book I read.

- Edward Cullen
New User
musicgirl892
0 Kudos

My all time favorite book of Sarah Dessen's is..it's a toss up between; The Truth About Forever, This Lullaby, and Along for the Ride.  All of them are absolutely FABULOUS!  I just love the stories she writes and how she tells them.  I can relate to them in ways.  I could read those 3 over and over and over again(I do!), but I love all of them, those are just the best in my opinion.Along for the Ride  This Lullaby  The Truth about Forever If you have never read a Sarah Dessen book you don't know what you are missing out on.  Really you don't.  :-)