Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
MoJo-chic2012
0 Kudos

Sarah Dessen

Hey Everyone!
This is just a thread for fans of Sarah Dessen
Just wanted to know...
Which one of her books would you say is your favorite?
And what is it about her writing that you are drawn to?

Dessen's books include:
Just Listen
Dreamland
Keeping the Moon
Someone like You
That Summer
The truth about Forever
This Lullaby
Life Is The Backround To My Music
*MJ*
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Re: Sarah Dessen

I love most of Sarah Dessen's books.
My fav's are This Lullaby & Just Listen.
Wht draws me to her writing is that it is realistic.
And for u're info MJ look down the line of threads and u will see their's another Sarah Dessen thread too! :smileywink:

- Musicangirl
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Contributor
MoJo-chic2012
0 Kudos

Woops!
Sorry - didn't know someone had already posted one
I'll be sure to take a look
And thanks for the reply!
*MJ*
musicangirl
0 Kudos

U're welcome its on the thread #2 pg. but its all right that u made a new one that one hasn't been posted on for awhile.
~Mg

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Contributor
twilight4ever
0 Kudos

i LOVE sarah dessen!! she's one of my favorate authors! i think my favorate book my her would be someone like you, it was the first book my her i read and i really loved it! i don't know what it is about her writting that i like, i think because she really gets what it's like to be a teenager. i can't to read her new book!!!

READ TWILIGHT!!!!
i don't SUFFER from addiction to Edward Cullen, i enjoy every second of it!! I LOVE TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
blondebooklover
0 Kudos

My favorite Sarah Dessen books are The Truth About
Forever (Wes is the best)and Dreamland. I can't wait
for Lock & Key.
Contributor
bookluvr4895
0 Kudos

I like Sarah Dessen's books! I haven't seen the movie to How To Deal with Mandy Moore but it looks great! I do wish she would have made a sequel to Keeping The Moon. I wanted to know what happened after the summer. I really like her as an author! :-)
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER, THE BOY THAT LIVED! EDWARD AND BELLA BELONG TOGETHER! MASSIE IS THE RULER OF THE CLIQUE! GOSSIP GIRL IS AWESOME!
Contributor
xxWannabeWriterxx
0 Kudos

I love all her books, but my favorite would have to be This Lullaby. Oh, wait, I can't pick favorites. I'll rank them. The order of my favorites changes a lot, though.

1. This Lullaby
2. Dreamland
3. Keeping the Moon
4. Just Listen
5. Someone Like You
6. The Truth About Forever
7. That Summer

But I love them all, for different reasons.

What I love about Sarah Dessen is how she takes a classic story idea and transforms it into her own story. She has this amazing writing style that could be poetry. And she really gets what she's talking about, all the stuff about growing up and being a teenager.
- Shoot for the moon. The worst you can do is land on the stars.

- Better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self.

- Even if I let you down, this lullaby plays on. - from *This Lullaby* by Sarah Dessen
musicangirl
0 Kudos

i know i love all of her books.
Their all really great everyone of them is an expereience.
And they all have lie lessons inside of them!
I LOVE SARAH DESSEN!!!
~Mg

Contributor
MoJo-chic2012
0 Kudos

Thank you all for responding!
I'm so glad there are other fans out there
nice to know I'm not alone... :]
My favorite would prabably have to be Just Listen
But that's prabably because the only thing I love as much as reading is music

Thanks again everyone!
Happy Reading!
*MJ*
Contributor
MoJo-chic2012
0 Kudos

bookluvr4895,
i totally agree with you!
A sequal to "Keeping The Moon" would be awsome!
hmmm...
Mabey I'll write one of my own!
:]

*MJ
*MJ*
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

I'll have to look into Sarah a little more...thanks for the suggestions!
New User
love_reading
0 Kudos

My favorite book from sarah dessen has to be between just listen and the truth about forever. I love how her writing is very relatable and that her books are page turners.
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Hey all, since there are two Sarah Dessen threads, I'm going to get rid of the older one and just leave this. Wanted to let you know in case you were wondering where it went!
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
Frequent Contributor
teenbookslvr
0 Kudos

I only read the truth about forever and I already love her writing. I especialy love the detail she puts into the feelings of her characters and relates it to teen issues. teen issues include:
peer presure-
boyfriends
parents
friends
and ofcourse
yourself
when u wish upon a star~~*
your dreams come true...
Contributor
xirritablegrizzly
0 Kudos

I love Sarah Dessen but it was a while ago that I've read her books. I've forgotten which story goes with which. Anyone willing to update me? I remember Keeping The Moon and I LOVED it. It was real. You could relate. She is just one of those authors that makes your heart pang when you read the book. That's what good authors do. I also know I LOVED This Lullaby. I think I've read Just Listen. Not sure.

|| "I was all braced for the wrath that was going to put grizzlies to shame, and this is what I get? I should infuriate you more often." -Edward

"Well, it's no irritable grizzly..." -Bella ||
Contributor
ka_ka_katiex29
0 Kudos

I only read Just Listen...BUT I TOTALLY LOVED IT!! It is so simple but so amazing, I couldn't (literally...I read it in like 3 hours...without stopping) put it down. I am ordering all of her books to read & keep, then read again.
New User
-FeFe_Belle-
0 Kudos

My personal favorite is This Lullaby, followed by The Truth About Forever and Just Listen. I absolutely cannot wait for Lock and Key. It's been too long lol.
New User
ColorxMeClichex
0 Kudos

my favorite book is definately Dreamland...followed VERY closely by This Lullaby :smileyhappy:
I've read them all but I didnt like two of them...I dont remember their titles though.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
--Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

Someone like you is one of the few books i can reread again and not get bored.

It is amazing, so true to so many people.

Dreamland was also amazing.

but Someone like You has to be on my top 10 favorite books of all time.

Keeping the Moon was great too.

after that, i find it hard to read those books.

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.