Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Seriously people! Let's stop!

So B&N would never let me sign on but I still came on to read some stuff. And for some odd reason it let me sign on right now. But anyone about the title. I'm going to go straight to the point. STOP WITH THE TWILIGHT POSTS! It is driving me nuts. I mean, Keep it all in one friggen topic! Don't make so many topics about pointless things. I'm not calling anyone out just the topics have to stop! Twilight is not the best thing out there. If you love it so much ask the mods for it's own place like Harry Potter but I doubt it'll ever get one. All I am saying is that discussing how Bella change or how Jacob's abs are popping out is not topic worthy. Because she's the same whiny person as she started out and Jacob is underage and let's face it he's with Taylor Swift.

In other words, keep the twilight talk to a minimum unless its in the same topic. Because it's not that worthy.

Now I know people will attack me on here, I don't really care because I know good literature when I see it and Twilight isn't it, but if I don't respond it's because B&N is acting up again. But I'll always be reading it.

If you all need suggestions on topic worthy novels, talk about some Percy Jackson or Faerie Wars or anything else but Twilight.

P.S. Talking about vampires is a bit eh right now too.

So um XD!

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Re: Seriously people! Let's stop!

Hey Mike, nice to see you.

The point of these message boards is to speak about literature which appeals to teenagers. And while you know that I don't like Twilight, I really can't stop other people from talking about it.

Though I agree that some posts are unnecessary (Jacob's abs, Rob's hair) posts which actually speak about analyzation and such are free to float around the boards.

I do, however, have the power to concentrate them all into one big thread. Can we hear opinions on my doing that? Or do we prefer the individual threads?

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

Mike *gasps* your alive!! and back on bn yay!! get your stupid internet or whatever thingy working owww mine is like so acceptable since its like a twilight parody making it super super cool!!! yay me!!! oh btw try to come on here more!!! and hmm I doubt ull get slaughtered, the newbie gals here are way to nice :smileyvery-happy: and most us girlie's aren't the hyper obsessed fans so you are safe for now muwhaahhahaaha

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Contributor
liv4Him
0 Kudos

Totally agree with your opinion on Twilight, though I believe that people have the right to talk about it. Can't stop it, so just ignore it. Sure, more threads to wade through, but nothing life-threatening. :smileyhappy:

Stinks your computer isn't working. Good luck fixing that.

Check out my blog at http://www.rinielsmusings.wordpress.com.
Contributor
shanell95
0 Kudos

i think that if u dont like it then u should simply ignore it and not make such a big deal out of something so dumb. everyone has their own PERSONAL taste in whatever they choose to read and which books they like. just because you dont like twilight doesnt mean that no one else does. so reality check :: ur not the center of the world and you cant control everything you want.. if u dont like it then suck it up and MOVE ON.

oh and by the way, dont blame your internet problems on barnes and noble. if you have a problem with them then leave.. dont think anyone will need you here anyways.

BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

Wow . Shanell girl calm down its not such a big deal, just laugh it off, some people might not like what he said but he wasn't exactly being nasty about it, so lets try and keep this calm okay, just say you don't agree no need to tell him to leave, btw lol a lot of us know him so we'd prefer it if he stayed *is everyone calm*???? ok next comment :smileyvery-happy:
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

To the girl above me. It is B&N because I'm not the only one having problems. So please don't try to tell me to get off and who I should blame or not. O.O

And I know I can't do anything but it's like, all the topics are just masking the other topics and I can never find anything anymore. I mean the one that analyze's bella ok that's ok (I was just trying to make a point lol) but how you said about robs hair or jacobs abs or how there's like 12458 topics about the same thing it's too much. I'm not really saying to stop it completely because I know that won't happen but if your post is pertaining to a topic don't make it another. Lol.

And I'm not trying to pick on anybody so no reason to attack me.

P.S. HOLY CARP B&N IS WORKING AT MY HOUSE TOO WOOT!

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

"

oh and by the way, dont blame your internet problems on barnes and noble. if you have a problem with them then leave.. dont think anyone will need you here anyways."

Sorry for the double post but I am one of the regulars on here. And you're right no one needs me on here. Just like no one needs you or anyone else. No one needs anybody on here. But they will miss me like they did when I wasn't on for like 53465 days. xD I love you guys. So please again don't try to attack me.

Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

By making this post arent you just adding to the problem??? And If you dont like, dont read it. Its as simple as that.

www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

I'm not adding to the problem. I'm trying to solve it. And I don't read it, but everywhere I turn it's there. If people kept the topics to a minimum or like together if they're alike it would be better. But it's not. It's jsut all over.

So in other words, if you're topic is already made, post in that topic. It's as simple as that.

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Well well well, it is a about time someone posted this because I know I was dying of this. I think Mike is absolutely correct, but...ppl can post whatever they want. Ok seriously guys when people ask for recommendations we dont need like 20 people recommending Twilight and sequels. For many people these days twilights got them reading but I think people need to read more advanced books especially for TEENS.

Sure twilight was written for teens but it is not a very hard read and doesnt really give a good theme, hard vocab, or good for teaching literary elements.I dnt care how long it is.

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Oh and Mike we dont need you here..we WANt you here

and

Mike that explains your disappearing act

p.s. i missed you

hopefully you remember me :smileyhappy:

as for shanell we DO NOT NEED you stinky attitude

girl, take a chill pill

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

HAha of course I remember you. I remember everybody. I think lol. And thanks for the backup xD

Wooooo advance books lmfao

May I add to try out Sword of Truth Series

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

okay good i thought i would have to give you a piece of my mind if you didnt remember me lol

wats its about?

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Hard to explain lol it's like 12 books but ever heard of Legend of the Seeker?

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

NOPE

It's okay I'll just search it instead of making you explain it.

Sorry, I suffer from chronic laziness disorder. It really affects my life. lol

Frequent Contributor
OhSabrinaaa
0 Kudos

Ravenclaww wrote:

So B&N would never let me sign on but I still came on to read some stuff. And for some odd reason it let me sign on right now. But anyone about the title. I'm going to go straight to the point. STOP WITH THE TWILIGHT POSTS! It is driving me nuts. I mean, Keep it all in one friggen topic! Don't make so many topics about pointless things. I'm not calling anyone out just the topics have to stop! Twilight is not the best thing out there. If you love it so much ask the mods for it's own place like Harry Potter but I doubt it'll ever get one. All I am saying is that discussing how Bella change or how Jacob's abs are popping out is not topic worthy. Because she's the same whiny person as she started out and Jacob is underage and let's face it he's with Taylor Swift.

In other words, keep the twilight talk to a minimum unless its in the same topic. Because it's not that worthy.

Now I know people will attack me on here, I don't really care because I know good literature when I see it and Twilight isn't it, but if I don't respond it's because B&N is acting up again. But I'll always be reading it.

If you all need suggestions on topic worthy novels, talk about some Percy Jackson or Faerie Wars or anything else but Twilight.

P.S. Talking about vampires is a bit eh right now too.

So um XD!

I agree with you on the fact that people post way too many Twilight threads on here and that it's certainly not the best book out there, but I don't think it's nessecary to tell people to stop posting. I mean, i'm sure many people have problems with the numberous numbers of posts, but its the poster's choice to post something and i'm sure there are many other people out that would love to read their threads. So... just learn to bite your tounge and ignore those threads in particular. I almost positive there are other threads that appeal more to you. Just keep your eyes open.

(:

"So I'm burning the thoughts of the things that I once said, because you tore down the walls that the world has put inside my head."
-The Rocket Summer
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

While I agree with you that there are too many Twilight posts, people do have their right to freedom of speech (or, rather, writing!) and if we just give it time, something else will come through and replace Twilight (I'm hoping for the last soon because even my english teacher talks about it all the time!!!) Till then, just be patient and pretend they're not there... 

Frequent Contributor
OhSabrinaaa
0 Kudos

Completely true, Night_Angel

(:

I'm just waiting for that time too!

Haha,

"So I'm burning the thoughts of the things that I once said, because you tore down the walls that the world has put inside my head."
-The Rocket Summer
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

MMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR ALIVE!!!!!  Man B&N totally hates your computer.  God I haven't talked to you in forever!  If your still having problems then go onto the chatroom.  Cuz we kinda revived it.  Haha.  Or better yet just friend us all on facebook.  That's pretty much how we all talk to each other now.  Good to have you back! 

As for the thread topic, I couldn't agree more.  And he's not telling anyone to STOP posting.  Just to try to keep silly topics minimal.  I literally don't even bother reading the topic threads anymore because 80% of them have to do with TWILIGHT!  Or they trick you into thinking their about something else but in reality are about freakin Rob or Taylor and their pros and cons and hair and abs.  It's just annoying.  People can talk about whatever they want, but Jaya?  A whole serpate TWILIGHT THREAD would be much loved by everyone both twihards and twilight haters.  Plus it would avoid more drama.  People who want to talk about every aspect of it can chat to their hearts content and other people who don't want to hear about it constantly can talk about other stuff.  Post whatever you want, but if it sounds stupid even to yourself just don't post it and waste everyone else's time. 

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."