Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
la4bama
0 Kudos

Seventeenth Summer

Has anyone ever read or heard of a book called Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly? I believe it was written in 1942. It is my favorite book of all time but I cannot find another book like it or written by this author.
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Re: Seventeenth Summer

[ Edited ]

la4bama wrote:
Has anyone ever read or heard of a book called Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly? I believe it was written in 1942. It is my favorite book of all time but I cannot find another book like it or written by this author.

Yeah, that book is still in print, both in hardcover and paperback. She wrote a few other books since Seventeenth Summer, but none were as famous. She passed away last September-I found a newspaper obituary for her in the San Francisco Gate.

Message Edited by MattW on 06-08-2007 09:37 AM
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
New User
abkeenan
0 Kudos

MattW wrote:

la4bama wrote:

Yeah, that book is still in print, both in hardcover and paperback. She wrote a few other books since Seventeenth Summer, but none were as famous. She passed away last September-I found a newspaper obituary for her in the San Francisco Gate.

I once read a movie was made of SEventeenth Summer. Have you ever seen or heard of one?
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

abkeenan wrote:

MattW wrote:

la4bama wrote:

I once read a movie was made of SEventeenth Summer. Have you ever seen or heard of one?

I haven't heard of a Seventeenth Summer movie, but I'll look around - if anybody else has, please let us know.
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
Frequent Contributor
lovely_for_now
0 Kudos

i got it at the library once but it looked kinda dumb so i returned it without reading it.
"We refuse praise in order to be praised twice."
-François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

I read it in 7th grade. It was okay. I didn’t feel like I was connecting to the characters though and in my opinion it moved a little slow.

Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
Contributor
hannahkay13
0 Kudos

yeah i read it maybe a couple months ago. It was okay, i still liked it though. lol i really remember the part how she is in the dining room with her family when they invite Jack to eat with them and Jack clinked his spoon to his teeth! haha i thought it was funny they made such a big deal out of it. Sorry i just had to mention that :smileytongue:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

_-Hannah//.
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

I know i laughed at that. Now im really self conscious about it. Like people are actually listening for it. Its weird.
Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse