Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
kybondgirl
0 Kudos

Shiver is a MUST Read

I just finished reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and it was great.  I highly recommend it to those of you who have read the Twilight series and are looking for a story to satisfy your fix - only with wolves, not vampires.  I love how the story is told from the two main characters' (Grace and Sam) point of views.  There are going to be two more books in this series -Linger comes out in Fall 2010 and I'm not sure when the third one comes out.  Shiver is also being made into a movie.  The author, Maggie Stiefvater was very gracious and replied to my Facebook message to her the very next day.  I just bought her other two books, Lament and Ballad and just started reading Lament yesterday.  They are both about faeries, which is something I've not read about before, but so far I am not disappointed.

B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

Re: Shiver is a MUST Read

I agree with you. This was one of my favorite books all year. I also like the way the story jumps back and forth between Grace and Sam. Plus the ending made me bawl.

If you want another fix, you should try Hush, Hush...similar, but with angels.

Contributor
kybondgirl
0 Kudos

Thanks for the recommendation.  Any other good ones out there?

Contributor
Lonna-Evee-Amberlin
0 Kudos

I have heard of Shiver and it sounds good I'm definitely going to give it a try and I also plan on reading  Hush, Hush I saw the book trailer for it and although it is kinda like Twilight  I did like the book and I am definitely looking forward to the new reads I'm just hoping that they don't become over rated like Twilight  did with the movies

I am now reading  Another Faust  which is an amazing book and well worth the read for all those interested in teen angst and supernatural occurrences

~~LEA~~

<(*.*^)(^*.*)><(*.*)><(*.*^)(^*.*)>

Contributor
kybondgirl
0 Kudos

Lea,

You have to read Shiver.  It is amazing.  I just ordered Hush, Hush yesterday and can't wait to read it.  Right now I'm reading Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie by Maggie Shiefvater (she's the author of Shiver) and just finished her other book, Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception.  Both are really good.  Not sure if you've read any of The House of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast, but they are very good too.  As are Alyson Noel's Immortals series.  Happy reading.

Whitney

Contributor
Lonna-Evee-Amberlin
0 Kudos

I have read the House of Night series and I absolutely adore it and my best friend just lent me Lament and I started last night I didn't realize it is by the same person and I can't wait to get my hands on shiver it has definitely jumped to the top of my read list let me know how hush hush turns out I have been trying to order it but they are giving me issues with it I don;t know why but I'm not gonna get it for a while tear ^.^

~~LEA~~

B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

You all sound like you may be into paranormal romance, so I would also try the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr. It has elements of romance and action, and of course, supernatural beings (in this case fairies). I've liked all 3 books, and there's more to come.

New User
NightWorld_Nyx-Redbird
0 Kudos

i also agree shiver was an awesome book and i love wolves esp with yellow eyes:smileywink:

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, keep it..and fufill it….