Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Frequent Contributor
LunaMoth
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎11-29-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

i feel so behind, i sitll have to read the lord of the rings trilogy XD they arent too long though so i should finish them in a week or so after im done with the Uglies series and  after a few stand alone books. i organized my amazon wishlist into individual series  and stand alone books, its all neat and slightly neurotic.

"And pleasant is the fairy land,
But, an eerie tale to tell" - Tam Lin
Frequent Contributor
JamieMonique
Posts: 25
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

Im reading Pretties by Scott Westerfeild

* - is it possible to obessed with reading ? *
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
Posts: 1,067
Registered: ‎06-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

I am reading The Book Theif and then once I finish that I am going to read The Host.

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Frequent Contributor
LunaMoth
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎11-29-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?


JamieMonique wrote:
Im reading Pretties by Scott Westerfeild

 

i just finished uglies. im starting pretties tommorow =)

"And pleasant is the fairy land,
But, an eerie tale to tell" - Tam Lin
New User
doodlecj
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-21-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

i am going to read ex-mas  for like the 90th time so good and ever wild

Ex-mas 

Everwild 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
Posts: 557
Registered: ‎12-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

i am going to read Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. Ink Exhange, Fragile Eternity By Melissa Marr, The Sorceress by Michael Scott, and the first book of the Night World Series. 

(Going to be very busy reading this break!) ;]

 

any of these good?

----------------------------------------------
Inspired Contributor
lexi-bear
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎12-06-2008
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

[ Edited ]

michaela27 wrote:

I'm going to read Pride and Prejudice over christmas vacation.  I've had it for a while but have never had time to read it.  now i will :smileyhappy:


 

I have that book too. And, I will admit, I've had it for quite some time, but haven't quite gotten around to it. :]

~Lexi-Bear
Inspired Contributor
lexi-bear
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎12-06-2008
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

[ Edited ]

LunaMoth wrote:

the Uglies series. on my brand new kindle coming wednesday! =) i already am almost done with Uglies, just have pretties specials and extras to read.


 

My younger sister absolutely loves the Uglies series. She has the whole set. She says everyone of the books are amazing.

~Lexi-Bear
Inspired Contributor
lexi-bear
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎12-06-2008
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

[ Edited ]

ZoeyRedbird wrote:

I am reading The Book Theif and then once I finish that I am going to read The Host.


 

Oh, I love The Book Thief! I had to read it for an English assignment. But I'm sure I would've read it otherwise because it's so good! How far are you into it?

I haven't gotten around to The Host. Heard it was really good though. :]

~Lexi-Bear
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
Posts: 1,067
Registered: ‎06-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

Well actually I just finished it. It was very good but I cried. And as you know I am reading The Host next so I'll tell you how it is but it's just very long.......but I'll get through it.

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
lexi-bear
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎12-06-2008
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?


ZoeyRedbird wrote:

Well actually I just finished it. It was very good but I cried. And as you know I am reading The Host next so I'll tell you how it is but it's just very long.......but I'll get through it.


 

I cried too! haha. Each day if you read a few pages, you'll be done with it sooner than you could imagine. :] that's how I look at big books.

~Lexi-Bear
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
Posts: 1,033
Registered: ‎01-31-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?


lexi-bear wrote:

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

I think i'm gonna by Perfect Chemistry  tomorrow and that's what i'll read


 

I'm thinking about buying that one too. It looks really good. Let me know if it's worth my money, or just a pick up at the library. :]


 

Perfect Chemistry was AMAZING!

It's sooo worth the money!

:smileyhappy:

(((It's probably the BEST book I've read in 2009! And that's saying something!)))

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Contributor
lexi-bear
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎12-06-2008
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?


J.R._BookWorm wrote:

lexi-bear wrote:

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

I think i'm gonna by Perfect Chemistry  tomorrow and that's what i'll read


 

I'm thinking about buying that one too. It looks really good. Let me know if it's worth my money, or just a pick up at the library. :]


 

Perfect Chemistry was AMAZING!

It's sooo worth the money!

:smileyhappy:

(((It's probably the BEST book I've read in 2009! And that's saying something!)))


 

Oh! I'll pick it up as soon as I can! :]

What are you going to read next?

~Lexi-Bear
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
Posts: 1,033
Registered: ‎01-31-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

 


lexi-bear wrote:

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

lexi-bear wrote:

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

I think i'm gonna by Perfect Chemistry  tomorrow and that's what i'll read


 

I'm thinking about buying that one too. It looks really good. Let me know if it's worth my money, or just a pick up at the library. :]


 

Perfect Chemistry was AMAZING!

It's sooo worth the money!

:smileyhappy:

(((It's probably the BEST book I've read in 2009! And that's saying something!)))


 

Oh! I'll pick it up as soon as I can! :]

What are you going to read next?


 

I dunno.....

Probably Deadly Little Secrets (Touch Series #1) , But I don't know when I'll be able to go to B&N.....

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Contributor
lexi-bear
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎12-06-2008
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?


J.R._BookWorm wrote:

 


lexi-bear wrote:

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

lexi-bear wrote:

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

I think i'm gonna by Perfect Chemistry  tomorrow and that's what i'll read


 

I'm thinking about buying that one too. It looks really good. Let me know if it's worth my money, or just a pick up at the library. :]


 

Perfect Chemistry was AMAZING!

It's sooo worth the money!

:smileyhappy:

(((It's probably the BEST book I've read in 2009! And that's saying something!)))


 

Oh! I'll pick it up as soon as I can! :]

What are you going to read next?


 

I dunno.....

Probably Deadly Little Secrets (Touch Series #1) , But I don't know when I'll be able to go to B&N.....


 

What about a public Library? Free of cost. :]

~Lexi-Bear
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
Posts: 1,033
Registered: ‎01-31-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?


lexi-bear wrote:

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

 


lexi-bear wrote:

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

lexi-bear wrote:

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

I think i'm gonna by Perfect Chemistry  tomorrow and that's what i'll read


 

I'm thinking about buying that one too. It looks really good. Let me know if it's worth my money, or just a pick up at the library. :]


 

Perfect Chemistry was AMAZING!

It's sooo worth the money!

:smileyhappy:

(((It's probably the BEST book I've read in 2009! And that's saying something!)))


 

Oh! I'll pick it up as soon as I can! :]

What are you going to read next?


 

I dunno.....

Probably Deadly Little Secrets (Touch Series #1) , But I don't know when I'll be able to go to B&N.....


 

What about a public Library? Free of cost. :]


 

Ture.....

:smileyhappy:

I'll do that.....

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
New User
Sarzie_xx
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

well..

i'll be reading

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods Series #1) 

 

New User
Nephilim
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-24-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

[ Edited ]

Hush, Hush  

 

 

 

 Excited to read this. (:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shadowland (The Immortals Series #3) 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Great Expectations (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) 

 

More of a challenge. I'll make it! I know I can do it. (:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Real ACT Prep Guide 

 

 

Not your usual but it will be taking up a large portion of my break. =/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For those reading the Mortal Instruments, good choice (;

Also, has anyone read Witches and Wizards by James Patterson? If so, is it amazing, good, bad, or awful?

Frequent Contributor
LunaMoth
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎11-29-2009
0 Kudos

Re: So, What's Everyone Going To Read Over Christmas?

my dad wants me to slow donw, im buy books every 4 days or so, but i plan to have the uglies series (i have 23% of Pretties left then specials and i gues sill read Extras too) done by the middle of januar (most likely i will have it done sooner) but i erally want to read some of the stand alone books i have on my wishlist, (13 reasons why, Warrior, Deadtown ..etc..) cause i HATE starting a series na dnot finisheing it to the most current available book so i wast trying to do the math of 30 days in amonth divided by 4 days for a new book.. 7 books in a month.. i dont think thats bad do you? better then seven dime bags (those who do not know what that is, dont look it up its not really important lol)

"And pleasant is the fairy land,
But, an eerie tale to tell" - Tam Lin