Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Ginger-Kid

Something I thought of in Class....

On friday's in my class we have freewrite and I was like I think I'll write a random story....

So here's what I got. It's in present tense.

The wind is blowing hard striking my face, so I pull up my hood and keep walking. The wind blows again and sends chills down my spine. God! I huddle my arms together and try to walk faster. Being 15 walking home from school in....Febuary? Not smart. "Layla!" I hear someone call. God, please don't be... suddlenly a hand is on my shoulder pulling me around. It's Charlie. Dang it! How did he know it was me? Oh, I'm wearing my personalized hoodie that says "Layloo" on the back. Curse Jamie for making me order that. "So where are you going?" he asks me. God, he's so perky. "Home?" I say sarcastically. A look of comprehension strikes his face. "Can I walk with you," he pauses seeing my distained expression. "Just for a bit?" he finishes. I sigh, "Come on." "Great!" he smiles. Oh I can imagine the tail wagging behind him.

© 2009 Morgan McNeil

Just something I thought of. Add on if you like. :smileyhappy:

"Speak Your Mind
[even if your voice shakes]"
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh

Re: Something I thought of in Class....

Charlie chattered on nonstop.  Honestly could he not shut up for five seconds?  I silently trudged alone, adding the occasional nod and "mmhmm" when needed.  The wind was still blowing fiercely, sending goose bumps up and down my arms.  The wind cut straight through my sweat shirt, feeling like daggers of ice.  Every time I breathed in I felt as if I was being force fed sharp ice.  How in the world could Charlie keep this going?  He didn't even look winded or cold for that matter.  Guys, I thought sardonically.  I would love to be my own personal furnace, but life wasn't kind to me. 

Finally we reached my house.  "Bye Charlie, thanks for keeping me  company," I said trying to give him a hint.  

"No problem!  You know if you ever need anything don't hesitate to-" and I shut the door in his face.  

Lol!  I like!  Aren't random idea's great?  I didn't really know where you wanted to take this, but I wrote a little.  Lol.  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Frequent Contributor
love2read95
0 Kudos

This is pretty good! You guys should check out the "writing room."

Keep it  up!

~Love2read95:smileyhappy:

Correspondent
Ginger-Kid

As I start to turn away from the door and I hear a faint, "You're welcome!" I sigh and sling my bag on the ground. Charlie. Charlie. CHARLIE. God. I'm going to regret letting him come with me tomorrow... "Have a good day?" my Mom says on cue. "Fine." I lie. As usual. Nothing new. "How was practice?" asks Dad. "Great! We ran the entire time!" I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "A little sarcastic?" he laughed. "Just a bit." I say walking up the stairs. I sling open my door, kick off my shoes, and fall on my bed. "OMG! LAYLOO ANSWER YOUR PHONE! NOW. I'M TEXTING YOU!" my phone starts screaming. I look down at it. Jamie just text me. She personalizes everything. I smile and flip open my phone. "Hey gurl! What up?" Hm. Regretting the fact I walk home? Wishing Charlie Mark was never born? I like that one. I type it in and flip my phone close. Jamie. Jamie. Jamie. I love her to death. She's like my sister. I wish she was, having a brother isn't the best. Especially when he's older. "OMG LAY-" I flip open my phone before it finishes. "Lol. Why?" I hold down number two and it rings. "Layla?" Jamie answers confused. "No, it's cupid. I'm going to let you choose any boy for valentines day." I reply in a dull tone. "Hm. Can I have Jason?" she asks giggling. "Whatever. Like the arrow would penatrate him..." I laugh.

Lol. Yes random is fun.

"Speak Your Mind
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I talk to Jamie for a good hour, alternating between texting her and yelling at her on the phone to calm down.  I move restlessly from my bed to my desk chair and back again.  I bounce my soccer ball on my knee, bored to tears. 

James luv, g2g ttyl! ^-^   A few seconds later my phone buzzes.  

KK, cya 2moro!  I smile despite myself.  I loved Jamie to tears but sometimes she talked my leg off.  I tuck my phone into my jeans and resume bouncing the ball from my foot to my knee.  I couldn't wait for soccer camp this summer.  Granted the actual season didn't start until next fall, but I still couldn't wait.  I suddenly remembered that Charlie had signed up for soccer camp too.  I groaned and plopped down on my bed.  My happy daydreams of an awesome summer just came crashing down.  Stupid Charlie.  Why does he have to ruin everything?  

"Jayla!  Suppers ready!" yelled my mom from downstairs.  I jumped up from my bed and came crashing down the stairs.  As I entered the kitchen I was greated by the delicious smell of lasanga.  I ihaled deeply as I sat down on my chair.  

"Hungry?" asked my dad grinning.  I just tore into my meal.  I hadn't realized how starving I was.  I suddenly noticed that my parents weren't eating.  I stopped, and put my fork down.  

"Sorry," I said thinking that I was acting like a pig.  "I'll slow down."  

"That's not it Jayla," said my mom smiling sadly.  I looked between my mom and my dad.  What was going on?  

"Honey, we have to tell you something," said my dad.  I did not like where this was going.  

"You won't be going to soccer camp this summer," said my dad, looking at my apologetically.  I think I felt my heart drop into my stomach.  

"What?  Why?"  I asked, completely shocked.  

"Your Aunt Cindy asked for you to come and see her this summer," said my mom popping her knuckles nervously.  

"Aunt Cindy?" I asked incredulous.  "I thought you guys weren't on speaking terms with her?"  My parents shifted uncomfortably in their chairs.  

"Aunt Cindy isn't doing so well.  She hasn't got much time left.  She requested for you to spend the summer with her.  She feels that this is her last chance to get to know you," said my mom smiling.  The smile didn't reach her eyes.  There was something they weren't telling me.  

(Ok... so I had no idea when soccer season really is so if it's in the spring totally sorry.) 

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Correspondent
Ginger-Kid

My hand slams against the table making it plates shake. "Tell me the truth." I growl out. I hate being lied to, it's my biggest pet peeve. My mom sighs. I knew it! "Ok. It's just that you get so lost in sports in the summer and that we think if you went with Cindy...." she trails off. My dad looks down at his lagsana and frowns. I too look down, it doesn't look so good now. Summer? With out sports? What kind of mad world is this?! I pull back my dark chocolate hair into a pony tail. "So. What would I be doing with her?" I ask playing along. "You could help around the house. Or run some errends. Help her." she says shying away. I get up from the table pushing away from it. My chair scrapes on the floor. "I'll think about it." As if I have a choice? When I open my door the ball rolls over and hits my bed. A tear falls down my cheek. I grab my phone when I see I have a message. It's from a number I'm not familiar with. "Hey, its Charlie." I scream, internally "WHY? Is the world out to get me?" I'm pretty sure it is. I text back, "How in the world did you get my number?" I sit tapping my foot against my ball until the screen lights back up. "Well....I got it from Jamie." JAMIE? She just did it for the kick. She. Will. Pay. "So....." I reply. What am I supposed to say? Leave me alone, go jump off a cliff, and never exsist again? That's kinda harsh. "So? Whatcha doing friday? A couple of us are seeing a movie...." He didn't just ask me out. Life, as I mentioned earlier, is not kind to me. This is it's way of showing it.

(Soccer at my school is actually starting now, well the girls is, whatever. It's our story. :smileyhappy: and her name is Layla. I just saw Jayla and I was like ok.... lol thanks.)

"Speak Your Mind
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Sri im buzy I lie blatantly. 

O thats ok  came the reply.  Even in text that sounded horribly disappointed.  I sighed and texted back. 

Mayb some other time?  My phone buzzes again immediately.  

Def! cya round :smileyhappy: I rub my temples.  I can't believe I just agreed to go out on a date with Charlie.  What has the world come to?  I shut my phone off, not wanting to deal with anyone else that night, and plop down onto my bed.  

I wake up to the shrieking of my alarm clock radio.  I bolt up, trying desperately to hit the snooze button.  My hand finally hits the right button and the shrieking stops.  I rub my eyes sleepily.  I suddenly remember that we have today and Friday off.  

"Crap," I mutter throwing the covers back over my head.  I just woke up early for nothing.  It's then that I realize that I fell asleep fully clothed.  I must have fallen asleep while I was still just lying on top of my comforter.  I tried desperately to go back to sleep, but it was no use.  I sighed, frustrated and threw off my covers.   I stormed into my bathroom and washed my face.  I looked into the mirror and saw my sleepy reflection.  My curly brown hair was standing up in corkscrews.  I sighed trying to pat them down somewhat.  I quickly gave up and just pulled my hair into a pony tail.  I stared at my reflection.  My dark green eyes stared back at me, red and puffy.  

"Dang it," I growled.  I left my contacts in again.  I extracted them from my eyes and put a few drops in.  My eyes felt signifigantly better, though now I couldn't see.  I clawed the counter until I found my glasses.  They settled onto the bridge of my nose with a soft thud.  I didn't look half bad with my glasses on, but then again you couldn't really play soccer with glasses.  I've tried, only to come back home with them in half.  I looked at my reflection again.  I had an oval face with and olive complexion.  My small mouth wasn't full but it wasn't thin either.  Overall I was just average.  Not outrageously pretty but not plain as a horse either.  I sighed, and turned away from the mirror.  I stripped off my rumpled clothes from yesterday and threw them in the hamper.  

I searched my piles of laundry trying to distinguish what was dirty and what was clean.  I finally found the sweatshirt and sweats I was looking for.  I pulled on my favorite pair of fuzzy socks as well and finally went down stairs to get some breakfast.  

(Knew I got the season wrong.  *shrug*  oh well.  Lol.  I can't play soccer to save my life, lol. )

Correspondent
Ginger-Kid

"Morning Lay." My dad mumbles. I sling open the cabinet and pull out some Frosted Mini Wheats. I smile. My trusty cereal. I pour a bowl and start to walk back up stairs but Mom calls my name. "What?" I ask with a mouth full of cereal. "Eat breakfast with us....for once." I sigh walking back down the steps. "Fine." I mutter sitting down at the table. "Thank you." she said in sing song. I shove the rest of the spoonful into my mouth. I am hungry, and I'm not happy. Food is my friend in this situation.

"So," my mom starts. I cram the rest of the cereal in my mouth and slide the bowl into the sink. "Layla." my Mom calls. I goan and turn around. "Whaaaaaaat?!" My mom smile fades. "Don't use that tone with me. Come here." I trudge over and sigh. "So. What do you think about going with Cindy?" 

I snort. "Um. I don't wanna go." I say without emotion. "Well. You're going." I cross my arms. "Well, there is an upside...." she says as I start to turn. "What?" I sigh. "Cindy said something about a boy. You know him or something...." A boy? Maybe this won't be a bad summer. "Charlie something..." My jaw drops to the floor. "Charlie?!" I scream. "Oh. You know him?" she says oblivious to my scream.

"Yes. I know him. He is an obnoxious boy, that I unfortunatly know." I say with my hands in my hair. "Layla. Be nice." she scolds. "How can I?" Seriously. How can I say one thing nice about him. "So, What is he going to be doing?" I ask. My mom smiles. "Everything you're doing." "Is this a punishment?" My dad acts like he's not there. "No." "Then WHY are you torturing me?" My dad finally speaks one word. "Character." Character? What in the world does torture have to do with character?

I start to walk up the stairs and a tear falls down my cheek. Why? God. I look in the passing mirror. My eyes are even puffier. As if that's possible. I text Charlie. Are you trying to ruin my life? I wait patiently until he replies Layla, what do you mean? : (  I sigh. You are going to be spending the entire summer with me. 'Cause I'm helping my aunt Cindy.  The reply is quick. Cindy is your aunt? I throw my pillow at the wall. Yes. Now why are you helping her? Yes. Why are you ruining my life? Well....  he replys. If you consider that a reply.

(I can't play a sport to save my life either. lol)

"Speak Your Mind
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Gah.... I don't know what to write.  I'm come back on later and add on, hopefully.....
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I waited impatiently for his reply, my foot bouncing hard on the floor.  My phone finally buzzed.  I snatched up my phone and stared at the screen. 

Cindy is an old family friend.  I've been helpin out around her house every summer 4 6 yrs.  That was the last response I was expecting.  I silently stared at my phone, willing my fingers to respond.  Finally I replied. 

O.  I didn't kno tht.  Charlie helped out my aunt every summer?  I suddenly felt guilty.  Charlite probably knew my aunt better than I did.  Then again, I've met my aunt maybe a few times when I was younger.  My parents haven't been in contact with her for six years.  My phone buzzed again.  

R u still mad at me?  I moaned.  Why did he always make me feel so guilty for being mean? 

No im not mad anymore, sri.   I rubbed my head.  I was in a desperate need for some Advil.  My phone buzzed against my thigh.  

its ok :smileyhappy:  I rolled my eyes.  That boy never gave up.  Why did he have to be so sweet and innocent?  

hey do u want 2go2 the movies 2nite?  I grimaced at the text.  I didn't want to, but even as I thought it my guilty conscience came pouring out. I sighed and texted back. 

sure 

(Sorry it took me so long!  Gah.  I was at state speech all day yesterday watching my team.  Hey how did this get into the little beige bar section?  What does that even mean?  lol. ) 

Correspondent
Ginger-Kid
0 Kudos

What did I just do? I just agreed to got out with him. My phone lit up again. What time should I pick you up? ^-^ The happy face is killing me. Wait. He's going to pick me up? You have your lisense? I asked quickly. Drive. I'm still waiting til June to get my lisense. I looked down at my phone. I got my lisense last week. Oh yeah! ^-^ So not fair. Pick me up at 7, we can get some dinner before. Dinner? What am I thinking? Sweet. Can't wait. I looked at my clock.

It was 1 o' clock. I yell downstairs, "Can I go with a friend to the movies tonight?" I ask. "Sure." My mom calls up. Thank god I didn't say "With a boy." The answer would've been  no. For sure. Me neither. I lied. I get off my bed and sling open the doors. What to wear....what to wear? My new black top? To sexy. Don't wanna give him the wrong idea. I shudder. I see my favorite green shirt. It is kinda low cut but I never wear it at school. The guys would be....well drooling. I love that shirt.  It'll be perfect with some dark jeans. I look into the mirror again. My eyes are still puffy. I walk over and put in my contacts. "Mom." "What hon?" "Do you have any concealer?" I ask. I swear I hear my mom gasp. I'm not the makeup wearing type but desparate situations calls for desparate measures. "Yeah. Hold on." she yells. I hear her giggling. If she thinks that she is going to make me over she's crazy.

I click on my Mp3 and hit shuffle. "I wake up every evening, with a big smile on my face. And it never feels out of place..." Ah. Gives you hell. My theme song. Or so Jamie says. I continue to wander around my room singing and bobbing my ball. My Mom hops up the stairs with a makeup kit. "No mom." Her face falls. "Please? Trust me you'll look beautiful." she smiles. I know I won't win this. "Fine." I sit down at my desk. She works on my for two hours and wouldn't once let me look in the mirror. She brushes my hair and curls it, paints my nails, my toe nails, and plucks my eyebrows. "Ow!" I growl. "Sorry." she pleads.

She unrolls my hair fluffs it and turns my to face my mirror. Oh my god. Who is this drop dead beautiful girl? With glowing skin and stand out eyes? I touch my face and see my nails. Holy crap. "Honey? Did I do ok?" I look and smile at her. "You did perfect." I croon. I get dressed and mom smiles. The day ticks by when finally 7 rolls around. I hear the door bell ring. My breath catches. Why am I nervous? It's just Charlie.

I open the door and I find Charile looking up at the sky. I clear my throat and his head bobs down. "Hey Lay.....oh my." he says noticing my appearance. I blush. "You look...." I hold my breath. "Beautiful."

"Thank you." I smile. His eyes are dazed. "Ready?" he asks. "Yeah. Bye Mom." I say walking with him. I hear a faint "Bye." I get in the passenger side and buckle my belt. He gets in and get the car started. "Where do you wanna go for dinner?" I ask. "I heard about this resturant but...if you don't wanna go..." Remember you are trying to be nice. I decide to try out my flirting "Anywhere is fine as long as I'm with you." I lightly touch his leg. He gulps loudly. I wink and he stutters. This will be fun...

Sorry it's long. I had a brain burst. :smileyhappy:

"Speak Your Mind
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

"What about the new sushi bar?" Charlie said pulling out of the driveway.  I think my eyes were the size of a dinner plate. 

"You like sushi?" I asked flabbergasted.  

"Why?  Do you not like it?" he asked panicking slightly.  

"Oh no!  I love it!" I said smiling. I couldn't believe that Charlie of all people would like sushi.  I tried getting Jamie to try it once.  That didn't work out so well.  Apparently raw eel isn't that appetizing to some people.  I was grinning happily to myself.  I had been dying to try the new restaurant since it opened but no one would go with me.  

"So what movie were you thinking about?" I asked, hoping that he didn't want to see a romance.  

"I was kind of thinking the new horror flick," he said looking at me nervously.  "Do you not like horror movies?"   I laughed.  

"I love them!" I said laughing again.  Charlie eased up and laughed along with me.  He turned on the radio to the Best Of the 80s, 90s, and now.   I grinnned.  Charlie just kept surprising me.  We soon pulled into the restaurant.  Charlie came over to my door and helped me out of the car like a proper gentleman.  

"Thanks," I said, blushing slightly.  No one had ever opened the door for me like that before.  Charlie just smiled as he opened the door to the restaurant for me.  A woman stood at the front desk wearing a deep blue kimono.  Her bright yellow obi lept out at me.   It was so pretty.  I had always wanted a kimono since I was little.  I could tell that this one wasn't authentic.  Just a cheap version meant to create atmosphere.  The woman smiled at us warmly.  

"Two?" she asked pulling menus out.  

"Yes please," said Charlie smiling back.  The woman led us to our table and set the menus in front of the chairs.  

"Enjoy," she said smiling once more before going back to her desk.  Charlie pulled out my chair for me.  I eased into the chair, brushing Charlie's arm as I sat down.  It sent unexpected shivers through me.   I couldn't believe that I was here with Charlie on a date.  This was the last thing that I would have expected to be tonight, and I was actually happy that I was here.  

"Hello?" Charlie said waving a hand in front of my face.  I blinked in shock.  Oh man, I think I was staring at him.  I blushed scarlett, completely embarassed.  Charlie smiled shyly.  

"I'm glad you came tonight Jayla," he said, his blue eyes twinkling.  I smiled bashfully.  

"So am I." And I really meant it.  

(Lol.  Long is good!  I don't think mines terribly long, but oh well.  Lol.  I'm really starting to like Charlie! Hehe! )  

Correspondent
Ginger-Kid
0 Kudos

I look over to the bar where the chef is fixing fresh fish. I sigh. Who knew that he would be this way? "Layla." Charlie whispered. I turn back to look at him. God, he has be

autiful eyes. "What?" I ask regaining attention. He reaches across the table and touches my hand. I resist the urge to giggle. What world am I in? "I hope we can be...." he pauses smiling slyly again, "Closer. So when we spend the summer together we can be a..." he pauses trying to find the right word, "team." he says smiling again. I can't help but to smile back. He looks down at his hand realizing it was still holding mine. He pulls back and whispers "Sorry." "It's fine." I reply.

The waitress come up for us to order. I'm starving but I don't want him to think I'm a pig. "I'll take three california rolls and a side salad." I say thinking I could eat so much more. Charlie looks at me like he can read my mind. "I'll have what she's having." he replies not even looking at the waitress. I look at the bar until she walks away.

"Lay..." he says. I can hear the smile in his voice. I look back at him, and he is smiling. "What?" I blush. "I know that you are a big eater," he pauses and I fidget. "But, I like that. Don't be ashamed." God? Are you listening? What did you do to this boy? Come on. He's like amazing. I almost choke on my tea. Worry crosses his face. "Are you ok?" I nod trying to catch my breath. "Yeah. I'm fine." I nod. I sigh and he smiles. He likes to smile doesn't he? The waitress come with our food and I look down and slightly lick my lips. Yum. I hear Charlie chuckle and I look up blushing. Did he see that?

"I'm so embarrassed." I groan. I bury my face in my hands. He swallows one of his rolls. "Layla." he calls sweetly. "No." I resist to look at him." How horrible. I hear his chair creak and foot steps. His hands slide onto mine. He pulls my hands away and tilts up my head. "You're perfect." he sighs.

I like him too. I didn't think I would but I do! :smileyvery-happy:

"Speak Your Mind
musicangirl
0 Kudos

(This story is beginning great. Kay and Ginger. Would you mind if I add on later. Charlie sounds like that guy that know one expects to be that way! Romantic and Amazing...)
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I inhale the scent of him.  He smells like rain and aftershave.  I close my eyes as I tilt my head up, bringing my lips towards his.

"Here you are!  Dessert on the house!" says our waitress, breaking the spell.  I pull abrubtly away from Charlie, flushed to my roots.  

"Thank you," Charlie mumbled, completely red.  I mumble a thank you as well, and the waitress winks at us. 

"Enjoy lovebirds," she says cheerfully.  My stomach does a flip.  I just about kissed a guy in public, and it was Charlie no less.  I laugh nervously trying to cover up my conflicting feelings.  Charlie surprised me in so many ways.  We like the same food, movies, and he's probably the nicest guy I've ever met.  How could I have thought him so annoying and puppy-ish before? 

"Well, dig in, cuz I know you're still hungry," Charlie said grinning.  I couldn't help smiling.  He was right, I was still starving.  I grabbed a spoon and dug into the molten chocolate dessert.  We talked about school, complained about teachers, debated whether or not Jason would win in a fight against Freddy, the lame movie aside.  We talked for what seemed forever, and yet was not long enough.  There was only crumbs left of the cake and a few drizzles of rasberry sauce.  The waitress brought us our bill and before I could protest Charlie grabbed it.  I rolled my eyes and wiped my mouth with a napkin.  

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick," I said pushing back my chair.  "Be right back.  And don't leave without me," I said playfully.  

"Wouldn't dream of it," Charlie said, his eyes sparkling.  My breath caught in my chest.  How in the world had I not noticed those gorgeous eyes before?  The bathroom was no less glamorous than the rest of the restaurant.  The black granite counter gleamed under the blue tinted lights.  The stalls and the faucets were stainless steel giving the bathroom a modern feel.  I fingered the blue mosaic by the sinks.  The multitude of blues reminded me of Charlies eyes.  A wave of head fluttered into my chest.  Charlie was totally amazing, how had I not seen him before.  Really seen him, for he truly was?  My chest flooded with guilt.  Because I never gave him a chance, I thought regretfully.  I promised myself right then and there that I was going to make up for being so nasty to him before.  I checked my reflection quickly, still amazed that the beautiful girl in the mirror was actually me.  I applied a quick layer of lipgloss and re-adjusted my curls.  I couldn't believe my mother had tamed my unruly hair into sleak glossy waves.  I just might have her teach me her magical ways.  

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Charlie still sitting at our table.  I slipped my arm into his and pulled him away from the table.  He laughed and put his arm around my waist.  My heart beat in my chest rapidly at his touch.  I found myself leaning into his side, wanting to absorb every part of him.  We reached his car all too soon.  He helped me into the seat and walked over to the drivers side.  I ached for his touch again, not wanting to wait till the theatre.  I was definitly not planning to just sit there and watch the movie.  

Thank goodness the movie theatre was close or I think I would have gone insane.  I bought our tickets, silencing Charlie's protests with a look.  Charlie sighed and took the popcorn and large Coke from the person behind the counter.  I steered us towards seats in the back underneath the balcony.  I leaned my head on his shoulder as the previews started.  I wasn't the least bit interested in the previews, only conscious of Charlie being so close.  Thankfully I didn't have to wait long.  Charlie tilted my chin up, looking deep into my eyes as our lips met.  

(ya sure musiciangirl!  You're defintily welcome to join!  OMG that was soooo much fun to write!  Lol.  )   

Correspondent
Ginger-Kid
0 Kudos

Oh. My. God. He pulls back softly smiling. Why? Why did he pull away? Come back. He brushes my hair away from my face and kisses my forehead once. "So," he whispers, "I guess you aren't mad anymore are you?" I blush and murmur, "No." I lay my head back on his shoulder. His hand crawls across the armrest and intertwines with mine. I notice that the armrest lifts up so I pull hand away.

Charlie looks away from the movie with a puzzled look. I lift up the armrest and I hold his hand again. A while later while the idiot girl goes after the monster, I sigh. This time Charlie lets go of my hand, I look out of the corner of my eye. He "Yawns" and drapes his arm around my shoulder.

I smile and cuddle into his chest. I listen to the steady beat of his heart. How is he so calm? My heart is racing. He slowly starts to stroke my shoulder. I sigh into his chest. We stay like this until the movie ends. I groan. I don't want to move. Charlie chuckles guessing the cause of my groan. "Come on." he starts to get up. I, unwillingly, follow him.

The car ride home is quiet. I try not to look at his eyes because I might get lost. When he pulls up to my house I sigh. "Layla." he calls. I look over at him still buckled up. He clicks his seatbelt and leans across his seat holding my face with his hands. I blush deeply. He leans up to my ear and whispers, "You're so beautiful when you blush." His voice sends a chill down my spine. He looks back in my eyes and our lips connect again. I get out of the car in a daze, and float to the door.

"Speak Your Mind
musicangirl
0 Kudos

(You two have rhythm going I don't want to ruin it.)
~Mg

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I reach my front door, and look back at Charlie.  My heart did another flip when I looked at him.  I couldn't control my own feet, as I ran back to his car.  I leaned in his window and crushed my lips against his.  His fingers twined into my hair, pulling me closer.  I didn't want to let him go.  I came up gasping for air, smiling. 

"Night," I gasped. Charlie pulled me back in and kissed me again.  His kiss like a feather, barely brushing my lips.  

"Good night," he whispered, and I just couldn't help be captivated by his eyes.  I reluctantly stepped away from his car.  I waved good bye, grinning like a moron.  Charlie waved back, smiling that amazing smile, before pulling out of my driveway and disappearing into the night.  My heart ached as I walked back to my door.  With a shock I noticed that the living room light was on.  Actually, all of the lights were on in the house.  Oh crap, I thought looking at my watch.  Twelve thirty!  My parents were going to kill me!  I unlocked the door trying to be soundless. 

"Jayla Marie!" shouted my dad.  Well, I had no future career as a ninja.  I shut the door with a bang.  

"I'm sorry!" I said pleadingly.  "I honestly lost track of time!"  My dad was livid, his anger radiating off of him.  

"Time?!  Who was that boy?!" he practically screamed.  Oh no...

"Uhm, Charlie," I said voice barely above a whisper.  I cringed as my dad exploded again. 

"Charlie?!  As in the Charlie that helps out at Aunt Cindy's!  That Charlie!" 

"Yes," I whispered eyes down cast.  Maybe going back for that last kiss wasn't such a good idea.  

"Bill, calm down," said my mom rescuing me.  "It's not like this is Jayla's first date."

My dad choked back his reply, his color going slightly back to normal.  "It would have been nice to know that you were going to be returning home so late," she said now turning her eyes on me.  

"I didn't know either.  I turned off my phone before we went into the movie and I forgot to turn it back on," I said, trying to convey how honest I was.  My mom's eyes locked with mine.  She nodded slightly.  Thank goodness she believed me.  I sighed with relief.   My dad still looked slightly angry.  

"The next time that boy comes around here, send him in.  I would like a little chat with him," he said folding his arms across his chest before plopping down into the Lazy-Boy. I cringed, that was going to be an interesting conversation.  

"Night," I said getting out of there as fast as I could.  I hurried up the stairs and quitely shut my bedroom door.  I collapsed onto my bed, burying my face into my pillows.  Man that could have been disasterous.  My dad hardly ever went off the handle, but when it came to guys, well i think that little outburst is enough explanation.  I know he's just overly protective, but I almost couldn't blaim him this time.  I had no doubt that he had seen me kissing Charlie.  I don't think I had ever kissed a guy on the first date, not ever.  I blushed just remembering the feel of Charlie's lips against mine.  I dug my phone out of my pocket.  I glared at it and turned it on.  You are the source of all my trouble, I thought.  My phone buzzed at me, my display saying I had three new messages.  I sighed and called my voicemail.  All three were from my dad with variant degrees of unrest. I deleted them and let my arm plop down on the bed.  

My phone suddenly buzzed again.  I looked at my screen.  It was Charlie.  I smiled like a lovestruck fool.  Even with my dad's outburst and my most likely grounding, it had been worth it.  I hit the answer button and held the phone next to my ear.  

"Hey."  

(dude, just join in!  Lol.  )  

musicangirl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

(Alright I'm joinning....i've just been reading manga...)

"Hey." I shyly said. Still remember kissing him.

"I had a good time tonight."

"Me too."

We were both quiet for some time after that.

"I'm sorry for bring you home so late. I forgot that you might have had a curfew." He said breaking the silent. Icould tell that he was really and truely sorry by his voice. "Did I get you in any trouble?"

"Not much, Dad just yelled but Mom got him settled down afterawhile." I was hesitant to say that I might get grounded. "Ummm... I might get grounded though they didn't say anything. Yet." I added at the end.

(Sorry I'm tired....) 

Message Edited by musicangirl on 03-21-2009 10:28 PM
~Mg

Correspondent
Ginger-Kid
0 Kudos

He laughs once and I can hear him smiling. "Well. I guess I'll have to come to your window and serenade you." I blush a deep red. "Hold the phone, Romeo." I smile. "I am, listening to your every word." HOLY CRAP. I look down at my chest wish my heart wouldn't try to jump out of my chest. "Charlie." I sigh. "What?" he says eager. "I have to go to sleep, darlin."

I hesitate calling him 'Darlin'. "Well. I don't want to keep you from sleep, love. Good night and sweet dreams." I could only nod next to the phone. "Layla?" he asked after a moment of silence. "Good night." I whisper out and the phone beeps showing that he hung up. I fall back on my bed. Love. He called me love? Whoa. This summer will be interesting.

"Speak Your Mind