Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
dorkybookworm3
0 Kudos

Re: Spy Add On

I have an idea! I'll just mix em together.
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3
0 Kudos

The bullet hit a dog in the hind leg.Witha yelp he stumbled back and limped away. Seeing their comrade hurt and retreting the other dogs turned with a last snarl or two an dran of into the night. "Well, what do you know! I didn't even have to kill one!"i sneak away

and while im doing that

i nearly walk into a wall.

woah there, i think.

and i hide into an enclosed space and hear an "ouch"

i turn and gasp

"joey"

i whisper.

Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

that's good:smileyhappy: haha
You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

"dammit nikki! can you keep quiet?!" joey half yells.

that pisses me off.

"im not the one yelling."i whisper.

"what are you doing here?" he asks

"thats what i should be asking. where is everyone?"
"i dont know! we were all split up and now here i am talking to you.now you answer me!"

"i got away..duh, are you slow or something? gosh how are we gonna get out of here???"

"i dont know..."

{(i didnt write much because i just cant think of anything...so someone continue :smileyvery-happy: and tell me if you likes it)}

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
Inspired Scribe
djaq

oh i like it laylapoma!

We crept along the shadows, avoiding the dogs, and looking for our fallin companions. But they were no where to be found.

"Dang it," i hissed. "They didnt get caught?"

"Shut up."

"No," I replied defensivly. ""Why should-" Joey's hand flew to my mouth.

"I said shut up."

"What on Earth are you on about?"

He pointed towards the alley, behind a dumpster.

"What?" I whispered. If joey was just pulling my leg, I was going to kill him.

He pointed back to the shadows, and mouthed the words: "Behind the Cans." I looked up, and my heart fell with a sicking thud. Hidden in the privacy of the dark, was a broad shouldered man holding a gun.

"Joey, we have got to get out of here!" I muttered urgently. "If that man-"

"No," said Joey. "Nikki, he is asleep." I saw his grin flicker in the dim light. A sigh of relief showerd my body.

"Great, then lets go."

I went to learch past him, when he stopped me.

"We cant leave without the others!"

I felt guilty, but we had a better chance of getting caught looking for them, then finding them. And what good would that do?

"Listen joey," i began. "We need backup. Seriously. If we could just contact someone else..."

"No, nikki, please!I need to find them..." I felt sick, and heartless. Of course joey wanted to find them. Especially after what had happened to his older brother kevin two years ago.

Kevin had been sent on a mission, that hardly anyone knew about. He was not allowed to tell anyone about it, except for the people strictly involved in the mission itslef. But, Joey had founnd a way to weasle out the info, and before he knew it, half of the agency knnew about kevin's mission.

He was suppose to leave on the first of may, on a ferry to an island off of the pacif coast,then go to a labratory in Washington. He made it as far as the ferry, when he relizedthat joey had stole away with the luggage. Joey  had been young and extremely niave, never had being sent on a mission of his own before, and admired his older brother very much. Kevin couldnt send him back home, so he allowed joey to come with him, and act as a back up if anything weent wrong.

On the firstnight of the mission, Kevin left joey to go an explore an old wearhouse along the coast line. He told joey that when he returned, he would take joey to his friend'shouse,so they could spendthe night.

That was the last time anyone saw kevin.

Joey waited for 5 days, but kevin never returned.

By that time, however, people had started to wonder where joey had gone. and it wasnt long before the angency learned that joey had gone with his brother on the mission.

Spies arrived to bring joey back to the angency, but joey refused to leave. Not until his brother came back.

It took at least another week, before joey gave in. And returned home. But by then, he had changed, and had grown up. He blaimed himslef for his brother's disaperence. And always said, that if givin the chance, he would have gone back, and searched for Kevin.

Last year, joey requezted premission from the agency to return to the location of kevin's dissaperence, but the agency declined. Insisting that kevin was not worth the search. He had betrayed his oath never to pass on a secret, and by telling joey of the mission, he had broken his promise. The agenc swore that even if kevin returned; he would be dismissed.

(erm yeah, sorry if it is too long or too confusin..!you dont need to use it if you dont want to)

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

we shall use it!

i liked it.

im having writers block so i cant think right now

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

"Ok, Joey" I said. "Dont worry. We'll find the others..."

He sighed in releif.

"Alright," he replied. "Erm- lets not split up. It might make it hard to find each other later."

"Agreed."

"Ok, lets try behind the main building. That was where I last heard from Kriana."

"Sounds good Joey," I answered, doing my best to remain calm. It had been a good 4 months since my last "official" mission, and i wasnt as sleathy as i used to be...

We set off at a relitavly fast pace, yet we did our best to remain as sitlent as possible. 

"Joey??" cried a familiar voice.

Joey and i spun around, nearly clunking heads in the process.

"We could do pizza."
Wordsmith
Raestar15

[ Edited ]

Josh stood behind us blood pouring from an open wound on his shoulder.He looked at me his face deathly white then crumbled to the ground.

"Josh!!" Joey and I yelled at the same time. We both ran to were he lay but I reached him first. "Josh?!"

I lifted his head up and placed it on my lap. "Josh?" His eyes fluttered and his breathing came in painful rasps.

"Oh God! Joey you need to get back up now!!" I screameed. I started taking my shirt off not caring that I wore only a bra underneath it. I pushed it against his wound. Joey's eyes went wide as he saw me sitting on the ground in my bra covered in Josh's blood. His face turned an odd green color.

"No!" I screamed making him jump. "Look at me Joey!"

He continued to look at the bloodied shirt.

"LOOK AT ME!!!"

He did. "Go get help!!" I replied firmly. He took one more glance at us then turned around and started running for help. I sat on the ground holding Josh in my arms. 

Message Edited by Raestar15 on 05-27-2009 02:30 PM
Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Josh lay helplessly on the ground, with hot blood spilling from the open wound.

"Ugh Josh!" I snarled, pressing my blood-soaked shirt onto the injury. "With the heck happend?" His mouth twitched, and he began to speak, when i cut him off. "Never mind, dont talk, just stay still..."

He grinned.

"I like it when you act like that."

My face turned a deep red.

"Shut up."

He laughed again.

"There you go, Nikki." he chidded. "You know, guys might actually think you are hot if you werent always actin like you would beat them up or something..."

"If you were smart, you would shut your face before I break your nose."

"Fair enough," he remarked, but his bloodied face still held the trace of a smile.

We sat in the shadows, silent for several minutes as i tended to Josh's wound which continued to spill freash blood.

"OHMYGOD!!" Screamed Kiriana.

I nearly jumped out of my skin, and Josh tumbled from his hidding place in shock. Kiriana pounded towards us, evidently not caring if she was caught.

"Way to blow the cover." I hissed.

Kiriana scowled.

"Jeez, i'm sorry." she mumbled. "I just saw what happend to Josh, and than I was sort of held up by some ugly gits with guns..."

"What?"

She nodded.

"Yeah, I was on the other end of the alley, by the parking lot. And well-" she blushed. "I got preocupied with someon- something thing. Than i relized that you lot were gone, so i went along the back and tried to find you. I heard scuffling, and when i turned the corner Josh was in a pretty nasty fight with..." she staired at me curiously. "It was Andieth Carse, and is brutes. I treid to distract them, and help Josh get away, but well i was out numbered and- well you get the picture.."

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
Bookworm650789

"Carse, that traitor!" I muttered under my breath. But even as I cursed him, I felt apin shoot through my heart because it was a personal betrayal too.

Andi Carse had been the top spy in our organization and had been recognized all over the espionage world as one of the best. He had everything..money, power, friends. But he wanted more. He betrayed us to the enemy by selling out one of our larger alumni lists of trainees. It had taken months to repair the damage he had done. Now, he was a banned topic, his name uttered only to be cursed. He had also been my friend. I had thought he cared for me. When he turned traitor, it almost broke my heart.

"Is he going to be alright?" I asked. Kiriana's specialty was healing. She had taken 2 extra courses in medicine and knew herbology if nothing else was available. it was thanks to her that we were all still alive today.

"Let me see the wound," When I lifted the shirt, she peered closely. The blood was still going, "We've got to stanch the blood or blood loss will kill him."

She turned white when she finished her declaration. JOsh had passed out. i was glad, he shouldn't have to hear that he would die soon.

"Do you have anything that will help?" She rummaged in her medicine pouch. She brightened.

"I have an astringent." She took a withered flower out and put it in her mouth and started chewing. I was going to ask if she was crazy but she held up a finger. She spit the chewed out plant and held it to the wound. Pretty soon, the bleeding stopped.

Its rlly not that good. You don't have to use it. Do you guys mind if I join in? 

Let books be your dining table,
And you shall be full of delights
Let them be your mattress
And you shall sleep restful nights.
~Author Unknown

A room without books is like a body without a soul
~ Cicero
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

((of course you can join!! i really liked that last post!))

Kiriana wiped off the dried blood from Josh's wound, and covered it with a small bandage.

"You are amazing," I whispered. "That was- incredible."

She shrugged.

"Those tiring hours in Mr. Albens class really paid off..." she commented. "Of course, I still haven't forgave the prat for making me do the essay on Ambrosia last month, but yah know.." She grinned. Josh quietly stirred.

Instinctivly, I reached to wake him, but Kiriana stuck out her arm in protest.

"It may be best to let him sleep. He needs his rest." Kiriana commented. "He's been through a lot."

"I know, but listen," I said my voice lowering. "If Carse and his men are out there, than they must be waiting for us to mess up... to show our selves. Andi and I trained together, and he knows my strategy. It will be best if we wake Josh and run as fast as we can back to the Agency. Then, we can work out a more effective plan from there." Kiriana shook her head.

"It will be more difficult to escape if we go now," she stated. "He might be expecting that. And beside, Josh is in no state to run from here to the Agency.." She gazed at me knowingly. "We need to stick around, for just a little bit longer. We need to wait for Josh to heal a little more, and we need to try to find out what happend to Josh's brother!"

My stomache fell. Crap! I nearly forgot what we were here for...

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

is anyone still adding on?

"We could do pizza."
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3
0 Kudos

(I'll add on if no one else is gonna)

The first step was getting myself another shirt. Luckly I always came prepared. When that was acomplished we made a break for the car. I got  to drive. It's amazing how fast an old van can go when it needs to. We found a hotel to stay at. Unfochantly,, we had no clue what to do next..........

Inspired Scribe
djaq

We stepped out of the van, soaked in sweat and covered in dirt. My hair hung limply in my eyes, matted and tangled, while Josh leaned against me- drenched in his own blood. Together, we meandered towards a pay phone just outside of the hotel, I quickly dug through my rucksack searching for some spare change.

I found old crumpled notebook paper, some half chewed candy bars, a whistle, some gum, and a shoe lace... Irritated, I dug my arm in deeper. Then my fingers pressed against a few old coins at the very bottom. I looked up at Joey-

"I think I got a few cents," I said. "Do you have anything?" I looked over at Joey, who had proped himself against the wall of the building, a confused expression etched on his face. I followed his gaze to Kiriana, who had already approached the PayPhone, and was hurridly punching the numbers on the pad.

"What are you doing Kiriana?" But instead of answering, she quickly punched in a few more keys.

"Calling the Agency, stupid."

"But did you find money?" I asked.

Kiriana spun to face me, rolling her large eyes.

"You don't actually need to pay to use thesee things," she snarked. "Didn't you know that?"

"Of course," stated Joey. "Why else would people call them "Pay Phones."" We both burst into rounds of laughter, but immediatly stopped when we noticed Kiriana's deadly expression.

"I'm serious," she huffed. "Everything in society can be rigged with a simple password."

"So you mean that I can rig the vending machine to spit out a Hershys Bar everytime I pass, and not have to pay a dime?" Joey sniggered.

"No," Kiriana answered. "That is not what I'm talking about. I mean like the Pay Phones. There is a code you can enter and then Bam! Instant free call to whoever!"

Joey rolled his eyes.

"Ok... sure..." he said, as he looked over at me and we both began to laugh again.

Kiriana retunred to her key pad... then... A sly smile spread across Kiriana's mouth.

"Still don't believe me?" She asked as she pressed the reciever against her mouth. Joey ans I stared at her as she cleared her throat and answered. "Why hello is this the Angency?... Kiriana Spral speaking.. rank 34..."

"We could do pizza."
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3
0 Kudos

((Hey is that true about the pay phones? 'Cause if it is, thats really cool.))

You think we would get some cool helicopter picking us up, but instead we just got some regular armored ambulance. Yeah it had a steel reinforce fram and several armed gaurd, but it was still an ambulance. Yawn.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

((i heard about the pay phone thing from someone- im not sure if it is true!! :smileyhappy:))

Kristi Thernbor greeted us at the ambulence door. She had dark gray eyes, but her hair was a bright red. Kristi was 23 years old, and had been aaprt of the Angency for as long as I could remember. She was extremley tall, and slim, and was the youngest Junoir Concelor Memberr at the Directors Board ever. Normally, she greeted me with a large smile, and she always had some hilarious story to tell, but today when she saw us, Krisiti gave me a cool smile that never quite reached her eyes.

"We could do pizza."
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3
0 Kudos

We all got a check over. I had to get 6 stitches for  a gash in my leg that I dont remimber getting. But the good news is that everyone of us was going to live. Which ment our little mission was still a go. In fact the agancy was even going to help us out by providing transportation and some tools. We are scheduled to head out in 3 days.
Inspired Scribe
djaq

I was resting in the dorm that I shared with Kiriana and a few other girls, that was located in the North Wing of the Academy Training Fecility. The dorms held 6 iron rimmed beds, a bookcase, a closet, shelves, a desk and a computer. But otherwise, were pretty dull.

Jenna, Laura, Christin and Tammy were the other girls we shared the dorm with. But Laura and Tammy were 2 ranks higher than the rest of us, which meant that most of their missions were spent on like the other side of country at various Bases, and they were hardly ever home. And Jenna was part of the "Dunclan451 Project", which was amn assignment designed to take a select group of spies from each rank to do extra training. Like seriously drangerous training. Most of the kids involved in the "DP" were missing a limb or two, or like Jenna, was having some surgery done at least once a week.

Tonight, Jenna was in the Hospital Lab, [For the 5th time this month] because while in the "DP" she had fracutured 4 bones in her left arm, was loosing vision in her eye, and on top of vomiting and heart spazems, poor Jen had lost almost 6 pints of blood and counting.

I was so glad I missed the cut for "Dunclan451 Project" this year.

Kiriana then burst into the room, panting and out of breathe.

"Ohmygod..." she yelped. "You need to come to Main Hall... NOW..."

"Why?" I asked. Kiriana waved her hand urgently.

"Never mind that," she huffed. "You need to come! Quickly!" And with that, she darted back out of the room and down the stairs. Relqutently, but nervously, I followed.  

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Every so often, the Academy would reward the students by presenting them with "missions." Of course they were not real missions. No. They were organized by the Academy Director Board, and were more of a game than anything else. They incorperated some vital skills taught at the Academy, and were set up to stimulat an actual mission.

Was it fun?

Definatley. These missions were like a sport to everyone at the Academy!

Did everyone know that these mission were set up by the Directors?

Yup. That was a common knowledge.

Was it dangerous?

Yes. Sometimes even deadly.

Kiriana pulled me down the hall, and dragged me then into the Main Hall. It was packed with practically every spy in the school, everyone was giddy and overly excited. Then it became very clear to me, it was time for the Academy to send another batch of spies of a mission. Suddenly, I could barely contain my excitment.

But even through all the comotion and excitment, no one was more eager than Kiriana. The far door burst open, and everyone shut right up. All the directors lined up infornt of the mob of students. At the front of the line was Mr. Gilbius, in his hand clutched a large envelope with the Academy Seal printed right on the front.

[someone else add on!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3
0 Kudos

I crossed my fingers, silently chanting, mememememe. Mr. G cleared his throught. Everyone fell silent. "Alright I'm going to read the names of the people who will be going on a new mission we have. If your name is called please report to my office. Ok, Tom, Will, Audrey, and Kiriana. That's all. " I deflated. My name wasn't on the list. Kiri was jumping up and down next to me. I smiled at her. "Have fun, don't get hurt." i said. She hugged me and ran off. I was about to  leave someone caught my arm. I turned around. It was Mr.G. "You come to, we have a special mission for you."  I grinned. "Yes sir!"