Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
WonderlandLover

Steal my Heart. ADD ON!

[ Edited ]

Umm... lol kk I'll start one! :smileyvery-happy:

I whrithed and screamed as I tried to free myself of the chains that bound me to the cold, stone wall. I cursed under my breath.

This isn't working.

I looked up to the small, caged opening above me, gazing out to the distant stars, hoping for freedom.

If only I ran faster...

Than's right, I'm the town thief; the most wanted...dead or alive, but to most of the town folk, I'm preferably wanted dead. Ever since I knew how to run, sneak, snatch I have been stealing goods all around the city. Rarely, I am seen stealing but never have I been caught. I'd say that's pretty amazing to have never been caught in my 12 years of thievery, only few have such talent. Or at least, that is what my trainer has told me. Seb, my guidance, my hero, my trainer. I have been under his wing for several years, he has always been proud of me, awarding me with knew lessons and stolen antiques. But tonight, this very evening, I have failed him by trying to steal one of the towns most prized possessions, the Zeraph Blades. The Zeraph Blades were the blades used by the great warrior whom set this city free from the clutches of demons. I desperately wanted the blades, curious of their power. They are held at the heart of the kingdom and I almost made it, but I was caught by one of those irritating guards. And now I'm thrown down here, in this filthy and freezing dungeon, awaiting my punishment.

"Rat!" The voice of the guard that had found me flared in my ears.

I perked up finding a shadow hovering over the barred opening.

"The king and prince would like a word with you." The guard spat.

Huh. This seems like a good opportunity to escape.

Two guards were down in the dungeon hole, walking towards me, their heads held high and massive bodys stood proudly in their heavy armor.

I gave the two a rude smirk curious to know how they would respond. Disappointingly, they didn't show any emotion towards the gesture, they just towered over me with stern looks. Suddenly, one of the guards firmly held my head down and covered it with some cloth bag.

Darkness took over my sight. I squirmed around vigorously.

"Hold still, rat!" One of the guards howled.

I felt my arms being released from the heavy chains, the guards tightly took my arms and held them together. I threw random kicks at a chance of crippling the guards so I could escape. As I tried to injure the guards, I felt a powerful blow to my right leg, a guard must have kicked me. Only a wimper escaped my lips.

So much for escaping.

We started to move. Because my eye sight was blocked, I stumbled many times and tried to regain my footing before the guards could beat me into it.

Suddenly, the cold wind stopped rushing and warmth had embraced me.

We must be in the kingdom.

One of the guards gripped his hold tighter, I'll probably wake up with a bruise tomorrow.

If I'm still alive by tomorrow.

I could hear my and the guards footsteps as they smacked onto the smooth, hard floor. That was all I heard for the next few mintues until I heard what sounded like a huge door opening. Then after a couple more steps, we stopped walking and the bag was unraveled from my head.

After taking a couple seconds to adjust to the sudden light, what stood before me took my breath away. The room was filled with ivory marble and gold walls with exotic carvings. The glass floors reflected silky cutains, expensive looking artifacts around the room and a ragged figure whom I didn't recognize but after a second glance, I realized the rugged person was me. My long, dark hair was a bush like mess; my large, brown eyes were widened and looked frantic; my skin looked blotchy and pale.

"Well, if it isn't the town's theivess!"

Message Edited by WonderlandLover on 06-13-2009 02:47 AM
Inspired Scribe
djaq

Re: Steal my Heart. ADD ON!

I jumped up, and saw in the very center of the vast room, was a large bronze chair, a small silver chair, then a large gold chair in the very center of the toher two. A seated on the chair, was a man heavily cladded in fine silks and jewels. The man had a brussily gray beard, and small black eyes that seemed to glare at me with such hate and dispere, I cowered down.

"Your Majesty," announced the guard. "We have the prizoner."

"Yes, yes, I can see that Rownal." the King barked. "Bring her closer..." Abruptly, the guard grabbed my arm and dragged me before the thrown. "Yes..." eyed the King, as he gazed over me and my scruffy appearence. "This is the one..."

"Father, if Pia was wrong..." entered a voice, I leaped from my skin, as I relized seated in the Bronze chair was a young man, who must have been Prince Larinev. He had dark oaky skin, and long brown hair that curled at the very end.

"Pia can not be wrong," the King snapped. "This is the girl! The one who as stolen from our Kingdom! The one who has been stealinng from your Kingdom."

"But dear Husband," I glanced over at the Silver chair, and seated was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She had pale blonde hair, that was tied in an elegant bun at the nape of her long neck. She wore a fine dress of gold silk, and was covered in glorious gems. "Pia does not even matter anymore. What is more important is this..." the Queen sneared, which was not suitable for her charming face- for it gave the Queen an ugly and old appearence. Then I understood that the sneer was directed at me. 

"We could do pizza."
Contributor
WonderlandLover

"What about me?" I sneered back.

One of the guards shoved me, hard. My knees and hands hit the floor with a loud thud. I looked up to find the king's face flushed bright red with anger making his plump nose look even more plump. I stiffled a small smile.

"You think this is humorous, thief!" The king's tone was filled with hate, "You steal from my kingdom and dare to speak to my--your queen like that?"

I got to my feet and turned to the pompous and snooty woman and bowed callously, "Your majesty."

The woman stuck her nose up, and I rolled my eyes.

I turned back to the throne, awaiting what they had in store for me impatiently. I started to tap my foot, making a tedious smacking sound against the glassy floors.

The king turned to the prince and whispered something lowly, I couldn't hear him. The prince eyed me with thoughtful judgment. I sighed loudly.

The prince pursed his lips, "For your punishment," Here is comes. "You shall work for the kingdom. In the kitchen to be more precise. You will cook for us and clean after us; Head cook Shaliss shall teach you more of it."

The king's and my jaw dropped at the same time.

Gee, I thought death came into the equation.

"Larinev," The king spoke quickly and quietly, "That is far too kind--"

"I'd rather die than work for you." I interupted, my tone venomous.

"Exactly." The prince said with a small, triumphant smirk.

I stared at him in horror as the guards dragged me out of the large room.

Inspired Scribe
djaq

About thirteen years before I was born, our kingdom, and that of a neighboring land went to war. It was a brutal and bloody mess that lasted for twenty-three long years. The King demaned that all men and able women were to fight in the war, or be shunned from the Kingdom. To be kicked out of the land, and forced to live a pityful sacvengers life along the borders of other Kingdoms and Villages.

My father and mother, along with my six other brothers and sisters, lived deep inside our Kingdom. My father, was assistant to Sadin Saulai. The book keeper and scribe of the country, a pompus git, who did nothing at all, but sit on his fat arse all day long, while my frail father was sentenced to work long hours amungst Sauai's scrolls and texts. Once the war came around, and men and women alike were being recuited into the King's force, my father remained behind. He was crippled in his left leg, and hobbled about on a crutch. He could not thrash a sword about in battle. And remained behind as others left to fight. Saulai relized my father had not been recruited, and flew to the King, insisting that my father's crutch was an excuse not to fight. Saulai claimed that my father was lying, even though he knew perfectly well he was not. The King demanded for my father and mother to come to the Palace, so he could detirmen for his self whether or not my father was lying.

Knowing that there was no way that he could get a fair trial, my family fled the city. And disaperared into the gutters and sewers of the Kingdom. They lived there for several years, then I was born. And my family was torn apart. My mother died in childbirth, and three of my siblings ran away. My weakend father, attempted to raise what was left of our family, before he too died of starvation. Only six months after my birth.

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Scribe
djaq

Memories of my childhood flashed beofre me, as the guards dragged me down the passages of the castle. They were careful to slam my scared body into walls and banisters...

The guard stopped infront of a small chamber, etched into the stone wall. It was a beaten with age, and seemed long forgotten. Then the door creaked open. A sout woman with whispy red hair poked out. She had long thin nose, and a plump figure. She rolled her eyes at the sight of the guard.

"Eh... your back again I see?" She wheezed. "I was not expctin' you until morning Cruixcin. What brings you here so early?"

The guard moved uncomfortanle on his fat feet.

"I told yea' missus," he started. "I says I be here tomornin'. And here I am, right on time." The woman rolled her eyes.

"Yes thats what you said, but thats what yea' always say," huffed the woman. "Yea' always say you be here in the moring. But cha' never come on time. So I never expect yea' to be here when yeas says you are. So when yea came at the same time you says you would, I was surprised. I've grown so 'customed for you never to be here on time, so I wuzzent 'specting yeas until tommarrow..."

"Never mind the logic," the guard relpied gruffly. "Here is the new servent for you." He grasped me by the scruff of my neck and shoved me foward infront of the old woman, as if he was showing off a prised pig.

The woman glared at me with her beady eyes.

"She's puneey." She snarled. "You promised me a fine worker..."

"Aye," answered Cruixcin. "But the King needs to dispose of this vermin."

"So your menas a' disposin vermin is by snedxing them to my kitchens?!"

The guard took a sudden step back, tredding on my toes.

"Tha's not what we meant..."

"Oh really?" snapped the woman. "Sending me the scum the King is too lazy to disopse of, aint sound like punishment tah you??"

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Scribe
djaq

"no, no reall' missus! It aint how it sounds!" blabberd Cruxicin. "we aint meanin' no harm!"

The red haired lady snarled and spat at the guards feet.

"Get outah here Cruixcin," she sneared. "Get away from my kitchens, 'less o course you want me to chop you up into the evenin' stew? Eh? Who'll be sorry then? Not me o course! Not me at all!" She chuckled snidley to herself as Cruixin turned a beet red, and dashed back down the corridor and back to the King. "That'll teach him." The cook snuffed.

((anyone going to add on?? :smileysad:))

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Contributor
julia823

" Now on to you... I cant believe they sent me some sniveling little brat that only knows how to steal."

" Me neither.. I'd rather be dead than work for a god awful woman like you ! " I shouted.

" It's about time someone stood up to me. You've got a mind of your own dont you ? "

" yeah."

"well then... its time to get you to work before the king has my head.... why dont you start out scrubbing the floors of the kitchen." She said

" Fine."

" The bucket with soap and water in it is over in the corner. the scurb brush is under the cupboard."

( You dont have to use that ... my mind kinda isnt working right .... idk but for some reason i feel like after a little while the prince should fall in love with her but not realize it and when the king does something to hurt her he finally realizes his love for her... Again you dont have to use that idea its just the vibe i was getting from this so far.) =]

" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

*jumps up and down excitedly*

(((wooah!!! some other than myslef added on!!!! Hoopla!!! :smileytongue::smileytongue::smileytongue:

and i totally agree with what you said about the prince and the girl!!! :smileyvery-happy:)))

I grabed the bucket, that slopped angrily with brown water, and snatched the scrub brush. The woman glared at me from the corner. But it was not a harsh and firm gaze, but it was more so filled with... admiration.

"Names Grella," she barked. I did not reply, but instead, took my bucket and began to scrub the floors. "Mind tellin' meh yours?" she asked. I still did not reply. Grella took a deep sigh, than ploped down on and old wooden stool.

Another door at the far end of the kitchen cracked open, and a young girl, probably a year or so youinger than I was, peeped in.

"What does yea need now Benny?" snapped Grella. Benny paused, than knotted her apron in her fist, and twisted it cautiously.

"Erm missus, I was wonder'n' if I may... I may..."

"Go on already! Spit it out girl!" Grella reatched.

((sorry it is rather short..... :smileysad:))

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Contributor
julia823

Ok everyone i dont have time right now but later on tonight i'm definitely going to add on ... i've been thinking of how to continue for a few days. =]
" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL

hey julia its bin a while how u bin :smileyhappy:

n djaq its cool how much uve contributed, ur posts r reli good 

"for gods sake girl, i aint got all day" said grella impatiently

"well i was wounderin if i coud be acuainted with  the new girl, ive been ever so lonely" she replied looking truly sad, but i couldnt have felt more angry towads this girl, what was she doing, showing weakness so freely, did she not see it, that this women so obviosuly fed on others fears, the guards did not fear her for no reason, she held secrets... secrets they did not want others to know..... and here she was so freely showing her fear, i would have thought being a slave to this horrible women would have taught her better.. guess not, what a disapointment, she wouldnt even make a fair acomplice i would have to get through this sentence alone and fast.

"get lost , you  stupid girl" she replied in disgust, as benny turned away not with the shamful expression i expected, but with a knowing grin, leaving me truly alert on my senses that maybe this girl was not as naive as she made out to be...

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Scribe
djaq

The castle kitchens left one with the impression that the castle was home to a pack of wolves, who hardly new the meaning of "civilazation" never mind hygeine. Well at least, Grella did.

Hot steam issued from the piping by the furnace, probably for the hundreth time that morning, covering me with soot and ash from the fire. I gaged, as the smoke stung my  eyes, lips, and mouth. Grella marched over towards me, meanacing glare in her deep brown eyes.

"Tis 'most time fer us to start the dinner meal," she gruffed. "I'lls be need you to wash up, and get yerself ready." She ended with a curlt nod, and bustled off to the far end of the kitchens where some of the older workers were slipping into musky uniforms and washing their faces.

A tall and thin man, who I had heard Grella call "Arie", lumboard towards me, in his arms was an outfit similar to the one I had just witnessed the others getting into.

"Here," he thrusted the uniform into my lap. "The missus asks for  you to change." He said not much more, but scurried off behind the furnace. Evidently no one here knew how to keep a conversation for more than 3 sentances...

I sat down next to an old little cobboard, and quickly sheaded my old clothes. Arie had gven me a plain gray tunic, worn out slacks that smelled strangly of mold, and a dirty apron. Thanks, that makes me feel loved. I buttoned up the old tunic, and slide into the slacks, and wrapped the apron around my thin waist. Then, went over to a stone basin on the far side of the kitchen, and slapped some cool water on my dirty face.   

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Contributor
julia823

sorry i havent had alot of time... i have summer homework that i have to get finished i promise i will add on when i have time =/ i'm really sorry =[
musicangirl

[ Edited ]

Hey do you guys mind if I add?

The cool water brought relief from the soot and ash that had covered my face and equally burned my eyes. I assumed this would be the only time in awhile that I would be clean so I took my hair out of the long braid that I had formed earlier and began to apply water to it. A few minutes later after the heat of the kitchen once again dried it I rebraided it into a bun. Feeling relieved I stayed put for a few minutes minding to wash my hands again, just trying to waist time before the old hag ordered me back to work.

As I stepped back into the main part of the kitchen I saw trays being loaded with the first entree of soup. The young girl who had asked for me earlier came beside me wearing the same tunic and apron. "Take a tray and follow me." The girl said softly, so soft I could hardly hear her over the pots and pans that were being knocked together. I took the tray close to me and followed her. I hadden't found my suroundings yet and If I had any hope of escape it would be by learning them.

The young girl spoke again still softly while we walked side and side down the long hallway I had come down before. "Names Benny, Whats yours?"

That was a hard choice of words for me, I never had an answer. I had never bothered to have a name and none of my family had never bothered to name me. I began to think of one like always that could sound like I wasn't lying. This time I felt like I couldn't lie to her. So I spoke for the first time that day since I first confronted Grella. "I have no name. My family was to ashamed to name me, I killed my mother."

Benny just looked at me and saw the look of shame in my eyes. "I know how 'er feel, My mum died when I was a youngin'." She paused and started again as we climbed a set of stairs. "Well you should be havin' a name. Just come up with one." 

I thought for several seconds I would have to have a name that could be respected, and when I had thought of one we had reached the arch that led into the dinning area. "Lynette." I said simply to her in a whispered tone as we walked in and towards the end of the room, passing soup out as we went. 

You don't have to use it I just got inspired, I like this type of writing, I'm just not good at talking in the old language though.
Message Edited by musicangirl on 07-17-2009 03:08 PM
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
esme_cullen24

I walked into the room carrying the soup bowls carefully because though these clothes were filthy and atrocious, all the clothes I had had in the past were much worse. The moment I had stepped into the room conversation stopped and I felt hateful glares amidst me.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
musicangirl

(ESME! hru?)

I just continued walking with my head down so that I may not have to face the glares and at the same time I was handing out the soup. I looked up only once at Benny, to she if she was glaring too. But she wasn't she was smiling gladly at me like she had no clue what I had done. I was the theif of  the kingdom I didn't blame those people glaring at me. Once I had finished handing out the soup I went back and waited in the steps for Benny to come.

~Mg

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Inspired Contributor
julia823

( ok i finally have a little time... is it ok for me to add on still )

When benny was done she came over to the steps. " What could you have possibly done to anger every single Lord, Lady, and Royal family member in that room?" she asked

" Lets just say i've stollen from just about all of them... I'm the best thief in the kingdom," I replied

" Well obviously everyone hates you so you're going to have to get their trust back... however i dont think any of them will like you again."

" what gave you your first clue?" I snapped

" Oh just the fact that they were staring at you like they could kill you with just their eyes... but nevermind that, some of the other staff members  have already taken the salad, its time for us to take the fish in."

" you have no idea how hungry i am right now."

" Why are you hungry?"

" I havent eaten for 2 1/2 days."

"Why ?"
"Well when you're a thief then you dont always get to eat as often as everyone else."

By this time we were both back down to the kitchen so we  grabbed the trays of fish. my vision started to go blurry and by the time i had taken the fish around to every person except for the prince i was extremely dizzy. Just after i set his plate on the table i fell to the ground and passed out. The next thing i knew the prince was yelling for one of the man servants to come in and carry me out, but before any of them could touch me i pulled my self up and walked from the room without a word to anyone. I'd only made it to the steps when i started feeling dizzy again. i was just about to fall down the steps when i felt someone grab my tunic from behind.

" How exactly are you supposed to work off your punishment if you cant even walk without getting dizzy and passing out?"

" Your highness." I said through a clenched jaw." could you please allow me to get back to my work?"

" How long has it been since you have eaten ? "

" why?"

" That was a direct question from your ruler. You're required to answer."

" two and a half days."

" Thats your problem. " he took my arm and was helping me back down to the kitchen.

" What's going on your highness," The head cook asked.

" She hasnt eaten and has passed out. Get some food into her then send her to bed. For the next month she will not only work for you but she will work for me because of her weakness and inability to continue her work."

"yes your highness."

Great just because i couldnt do one nights work the prince was punishing me with extra work for an entire month. how much more can one man hate me?

(you dont have to use this if you dont want to.) =]

musicangirl

( I liked It. :smileyhappy: )

And with that he exited and food was thrown in front of my face. It was the soup that I had taken out earlier, plus some bread, there apparently were extras.  Benny walked in carrying her tray plus and extra one, it must have been the one that I had dropped. "Thanks," I whispered as she sat down. The commotion around the room had slowed down, since dessert wouldn't be served for another twenty minutes at most.

"So what happened with the Prince?" She asked, as she grabbed and extra loaf of bread for herself.

"Well I'm now supposed to be fed. And I have to serve him for a month but also continue with my regular kitchen duties." I grunted at that, it wasn't going to be fun that prince hated me with a vengeance and I was surprised that he hadn't sent me back to the dungeon for the stunt I had played.

"It's not that bad. It could be worse you could be sent back the dungeon." Benny said practically reading my mind. I shrugged at that.

"Right now I think I would prefer the dungeon instead of going back out into that dinning area."

"Well just think that dessert is the last course, and the most delicious. And we get the leftovers." Benny replayed joyously.

~Mg

Inspired Wordsmith
random97

(i really like this! keep writing it! im getting addicted! if i may, i might add on soon, if its ok)
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Inspired Contributor
julia823

Ok well i don't know what you'll think of this but i was thinking about making Benny her enemy. idk and then have her become really good friends with one of the male servers ... cuz then that would make the Prince jealous because if he wants to get together with her they would have to keep it secret from the king. if she were to be with another servant than nothing could be said about it.

" I don't think I'll be serving dessert. The Prince has ordered me into bed."

" Well i think you should help that way he'll see that you're stronger."

" I think you're right. I'm going to help."

When it was time to serve dessert I grabbed my tray and walked up the stairs and into the dining hall with Benny. I took the dessert on my tray around to the members of the dining party. Just before I left the room the king called me.

" I thought you were told to go to bed."

" I was your majesty but I was feeling better so I figured I'd help finish then go to bed."

"oh you figured that did you ?... Well for disobeying my sons direct order you shall be punished accordingly..... Guards take her to the dungeon and await my instructions." this time I didn't even struggle. The guards came and took me by the arms then drug me back into the dungeon. After about 20 minutes the king came walking into the dungeon.

" She is to be given 30 lashes." he ordered then walked out of the room.

they recruited another guard so 2 could hold my arms and the other could lash me. Then the lashing started.

I cried out in pain. It continued but got worse with every lashing. I screamed so loud that I knew the blood vessels in my eyes were breaking. I could feel a wetness dripping down my back and with time it got sticky but overtime they hit me it would become wet again.

When the 30 lashes were over they shoved me to the ground and left me there. Eventually the head cook came down and found me. She helped me to my feet and started leading me back up to the main level of the castle. We were walking down the hall when we heard a shout from the passage beside us.

"Stop right there and kneel before your rulers." An icy voice preceded the queen and beside her, the prince.

I slowly started to kneel but ended up falling the rest of the way. I whimpered because of the pain that shot through my body on impact.

"well you little brat you shouldn't have disobeyed a direct order... You there," she said to the head cook." turn her around and pull up her shirt"

the head cook did as she was told and I screamed in pain as the soaked shirt tore off the scabs that had started to form.... " good that serves you right !... Son is the punishment sufficient?"

" yes... You are now dismissed." was all the prince said.

The head cook helped me up then took me to the kitchen to help me clean the gashes on my back.

" Take your shirt off." she ordered

" yes ma'am." I did as I was told, then covered my bosom and she started washing out the wounds.

I winced.. Moments later the prince walked in and upon looking at my back he went white.

" thank you, that's good I can take care of the rest on my own. But I'm going to need a new tunic this one is shredded.... Also I'll need to see where I'm going to be sleeping." I turned my back on the prince so I could put my shirt on. When I was decent I turned back toward the prince and made an awkward bow. " Your Highness." I said as I rose and walked out of the room. The head cook followed me out then lead me down a narrow corridor that was adjacent to the kitchens.

there was an empty room at the very end of the hall that she told me was mine. There was a bed, a nightstand, and a small closet for my uniforms... Across the hall from my room was the servants bathroom. In the closet I found a white nightgown and some undergarments. I took off my bloodied tunic and trousers and put the white nightgown on. Unfortunately my back wasn't finished bleeding. The red blood was an extreme contrast to the white nightgown.

a knock at the door sent me spinning.

" who is it? " I asked.

" Its me Prince Adrian."

( ok I don't know if the prince has been named yet so I just came up with a random name.... You don't have to use this if you don't want to ... Hope you liked it)

Inspired Scribe
djaq

OHMYGOD!!!!!! YES!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BENNY SHOULD TOTALLY BE THE ENEMY!! :smileyhappy:

defiantely not yet of course, we absolutley need to save that!! dont put that in for a while!! like nearer to the end i wwould think! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

My face heated to a deep red.

"What is it?" I snapped at the door. "What do you want?" The door silently creaked open, and the Prince sauntered in, observing my humble chamber in sear enchantment.

"This is your room is it?" he mused, plainly as if commenting on the weather. "Well it isn't much I have to say..."

Was it worth telling this stuck up priss that this room, was one of the finest I had ever lived in? Well this, and that one home I snuck into a few months prior, and stayed the night. The owners were so caught up in their own lives, they never noticed me sleeping in the chamber by the hearth!

No, not worth relaying that to Your-Prissy-ness ...

"This chamber is one of the... cleanest I have stayed in actually," if my face was not already beat red, it was now. What happened to NOt relaying certain information to the King's Son??

Adrian stiffled a chuckle.

"Is it now?" he snarked. "My, my. I probably would not let my pigs sleep here... disusting, vile.... lowly...."

Heat of fury swelled in my chest.

"I sure hope you were refering to your pigs when you said that," I spat. But the Prince, simply ran his fingers through his hair and grinned.

"Actually, I was refering to your lack of taste, and the scum you have grown accoustemed to." He laughed, evidently he was the only one in on this 'joke.'

"I don't know what you are playing at, Your Highness But if you DARE insult me, or my family again, you will rue-"

"Is that a threat?" Adrian grimaced. "I should report you to the authorities, and THEY, my love, will personally see to it that you never ever threaten a member of the Royal Blood Line, for the rest of your worthless life."

I should have been shaking in my boots.

If anyone caught wif of what I was about to say, I would find my self being exicuted before sunrise.

I should have been...

But I wasn't.

"If you think, I am going to play your little game, Prince, you have a nother thing comming." I took another step towards him. "I don't like the way you feel you have power over me. And just because your daddy is rich and powerful, you are nothing!" Adrian took a step closer, and it took me a moment to relize how little space was remaining between us.

"Good," he said. "I don't like to play by the rules either."

"We could do pizza."