Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Re: Steal my Heart. ADD ON!

Lavi had went off with Edana, who i promoted from the queen's dress making staff to Lavi's caretaker after Marjorie passed. Edana was Marjorie's daughter and had been around Lavi for awhile and they had gotten along so well. She was always kind like her mother, and I had appreciated her thoughtfulness in taking care of Lavinia. Edana had planned for her and Lavi to go visit Marjorie's grave this afternoon and then to go shopping under her watchful eye, so Adrian and I had the afternoon to are selfs.

Before I left for the garden I put together a cute outfit that would go with anything Adrian wore if we went out in public. It consisted of a dark purple knit dress with a scarf, making the outfit look dressy but casual. As I walked towards the garden i picked some lavender and slipped it into my bun of hair that was hanging loosely on the back of my neck. Adrian was waiting next to the fountain for me and came over to me as I walked over towards him. We kissed a long passionate kiss and once we stopped we stood in each others embrace.

"Hello Love." He whispered in my ear in his low gruff voice that he always used after we kissed like that.

"Hello." I said with a smile on my face, as he led me over to the fountain, and started to lay out some of my favorite lunch items. While still holding my hand might i add.

We began to eat. There was no need for words, as we fed each other strawberries, chocolate and other assortments like bread and such. When we where done we just sat there sharing emotional kisses and embracing like the day was never going to end.

After awhile, we started to walk around the garden. He stopped suddenly. "Close your eyes." I heard him pull something out of his pocket. "Turn around." I smiled as I felt him put something around my neck. "Open your eyes." I looked down to the necklace Adrian had just placed around my neck.

"I love it." It was as a heart a very fancy shaped heart on it that didn't actually look like a heart.

"It's a late engagement present. I thought you would love it." He told me. 

~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
musicangirl
0 Kudos

(here is the necklace: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41REwcfRgDL.jpg

I'm actually using it as the current cover art for nano if it would ever upload.)

~Mg

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
musicangirl
0 Kudos

~Mg

musicangirl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

(alright so thats the cover as of right now. random if you see it tell me. i still want to see u're idea pls. :smileyhappy: )

(And to clarify the text at the bottom says: Written in Collection by the Members of Barnes and Noble Book Clubs)

~Mg

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

ahhh mg that cover is amazingly brillianttttt! :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

(ok wow, i missed this. ok i  like your add mg,(although shes wearing a dress, and doesnt seem like lynnette to me, but o well) and ill try to add on soon. im bout, hmmn, the battle in the beginning w/ editing. i like the cover, and for sure ill try and get you my cover art, i just got busy this weekend soo... yaa ill get to you as soon as i can ^_^)

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
musicangirl
0 Kudos

(The whole dress thing was supposed to be ironic.... but ya no hurry on your cover art... just as long as we have it by November were good... though we need to finish the story.)

~Mg

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

(ok im tired of putting this off. but i don tknow what to do next....and i think im in denial. i dont want it to end, though i know it has to.....so ill brainstorm and add on later.

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
musicangirl
0 Kudos

(I can't think of anything right now. Well we have to go into the coronation some how.)

~Mg

Contributor
WonderlandLover
0 Kudos

Hey guys! xD

It's been a while! (again, I know, I'm bad Dx)

Do you mind catching me up so I can add on? :smileyvery-happy:

So what's goin on in the story now? :smileytongue: 

musicangirl
0 Kudos

Nothing really has happened wonder, were just crazy stuck right now, if you look yourr last post is actually on the page before this . We figured we should add the coronation on next, if you could help that would be great! :smileyhappy:

Uhh but just so you know if no one has told you were posting this story on Nanowriters when we get it finish/ proof read and such.

~Mg

Frequent Contributor
Hawk
0 Kudos

Hi guys! I love what you have done so far. I haven't finished reading, but when I do, I'd like to contribte if that's ok with everyone.

"The thing about writing is that you don't nessicarily have to get it right the first time - unlike, say, brain surgery."
musicangirl
0 Kudos

HAWK!

Chicka I haven't seen you in forever.

Thanks for helping sooner or later. :smileyhappy:

~Mg

Frequent Contributor
Hawk
0 Kudos

For the next few weeks, the kingdom worked hard to prepare itself for Adrian’s coronation. The new seamstress, Dierdre, was having me fitted for my coronation gown. It was an off the shoulder dress in a champagne colour; simple but elegant. Dierdre was also making my wedding dress, since it had been decided that the wedding ceremony was to be the day before the coronation. My wedding dress was a white, strapless number with intricate beading all around the bodice and waist. Because it was winter, I would have a white, fur cloak. Although I was not a dress fan, I was excited about these gowns.

Lavinia, of course, was at these fitting with me, finding dresses that would be suitable for the wedding – she had declined the offer to see the coronation. Her dress would be the dark blue and silver I had picked for my wedding colours, and her cloak would be dark blue with white fur lining.

While I was fitted for my dresses, Adrian was fitted for his coronation and wedding attire – the tux and shirt would be the same, but he would be wearing a black vest and bow-tie for the coronation, and a dark blue vest and bow-tie for the wedding.

When the three of us weren’t caught up in the planning and the fittings and all the other things that had to be done, Adrian would take us out for horse rides. Since Lavinia was too small to ride a horse by herself, she rode with Adrian, and was promised a pony of her own when she turned six. Although we often visited our stream in the woods, sometimes we would simply wander, enjoying the simplicity of just being together. At one time, Seb joined us for a ride. He had come up to relay my former thieve companions congratulations, and Adrian had cajoled him into joining us. During the ride, I asked him if he would walk me down the isle, since he was the closest thing I had to a father. He agreed, and, consequently, joined Adrian for his fitting so that he would have a tux for the occasion.

If I had ever been a normal girl and not a thievess, the wedding would have been a dream. As it was, it was practically perfect in every way. Tok had returned from his family and was Adrian’s best man. Everything was silver and blue and white, and with gorgeous flowers and ribbons everywhere. It all happened so fast, ending right at sunset, and then it was over, and I Adrian and I were tied to each other in every way possible – no one would be able to break us apart, and no one would try to take him away from me.

The morning of the coronation was hectic – or so I was told. Adrian and I stayed in our room, feeling lazy and content to stay in our bed until we were needed. If I had known how the day would have gone when I left the bed, I would have never left. But I didn’t, so I did.

The coronation is much like a wedding, except Adrian was marrying the kingdom. Including a variation of the line, “If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace. At that point, everything seemed to go wrong.

"The thing about writing is that you don't nessicarily have to get it right the first time - unlike, say, brain surgery."
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

( *dances, highlight of day! (very crappyday)* yay! Hawk, perfect timing, we were all stuck. one thing- lynette found lavi 3 years ago, and she was 4...so that would make her seven now, so well just change the age to 8? but otherwise: yay! great job! )

Frequent Contributor
Hawk
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That's what I do.

Sorry, for some reason, I thought she was two when she was found.

I left the ending open at the end of the last post - I believe that someone wanted adrian to have problems with the coronation because he was maried to an ex-thief and all, and that he might leave the crown for a medical business... so if you really wanted to do that, there you go.

musicangirl
0 Kudos

Hawk :smileyhappy:

Just one problem with the post Seb was supposed to be dead so thats it except for the Laviana thing but no big deal. But thanks for helping anyway, I hope you'll stick around for awhile :smileyhappy:

~Mg

Frequent Contributor
Hawk
0 Kudos

Again, I'm sorry... I must have been really tired when I wrote this to make these mistakes...

musicangirl
0 Kudos

Its fine. I don't mind now i just have to get rid of my writers block.

~Mg

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

(Naa its chill. I liked your post though, so when we edit well just change those two mistakes and leave the rest ^_^)