Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
RochellyakaFictionLover
0 Kudos

Suggestions??!! please help me find a book that.....

I really like reading and I like every genre but i love romance, but the kind of romance that is witty and contemporany.. I like to see the kind of couples that hate each other at first but inevitably fall in love in the end. I already read the Twilight Saga, and the Vampire Diaries series too.. I ahve read many of the Nicholas Sparks noves (and all of them are great) so can someone help me with some tittle??!!!
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

Re: Suggestions??!! please help me find a book that.....

Hate to Love storys 

• To Catch A Pirate by Jade Parker

Like to Love

• Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
  • Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber
  • Night World series by L.J. Smith
  • Evernight by Claudia Gray
  • A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
  • The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause

Half Love/Half Action

• Den of Shadows series by Ameilia Atwater-Rhodes
  • Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
  • Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr
  • Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley
  • Sleepless by Terri Clark

Hope this Helps!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Head Games is kind of an interesting love story, though it doesn't end all gushy.   Definately Evernight and Wicked Lovely.  Oh, try Gracling by Kristin Cashore.  And Skinned by Robin Wasserman, though the romance is more of a side thing.  :smileyvery-happy:

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Frequent Contributor
RochellyakaFictionLover
0 Kudos

thank you so much these book seem really interesting!!!
Contributor
iREADCA
0 Kudos

heyy i recently read a book called  The Juliet CLub by Suzanne Harper.

I loved it, it does have to do about shakespeare but its modern time and its got the whole hate to love thing... I thought i would'nt like it but i loved it in the end!  

Other books. (romance-ish)

Sarah Dessen- (you might have read these...)

Perfect you

Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

Check out Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instrument series!!
"In the end family is all that we have"
New User
rockstar_librarian
0 Kudos

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan 

This book has harsh, crude language and the gritty feel of walking into a grungy New York nightclub. Don't be immediately turned off. Though it doesn't have that romance "feel" to it right away, the way Nick and Norah's relationship progresses throughout the story is enough to give hope to all us cynics out there. It does feature the progression from hatred to love as you mentioned. You can't help but root for these two characters as they tell the story from their own points of view in alternating chapters. This is easily one of my Top 5 favorite books of all time. 

Frequent Contributor
RochellyakaFictionLover
0 Kudos

omg i read To Catch A Pirate in one day.. i loved James and Anna, they are such a great couple, i could not put it down... thanks for telling me about it...

ps. i dont know but when i read it i somehow imagined Rachel Hurd-Wood, and for james i imagined (dont laugh) .... Zac Efron, idk why.. lol

Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

what exactly is to catch a pirate about??  Is it really that good.  It is one of those books that i pick up but never buy.  Ohh I just read Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampire series in like three days they are really good.
"In the end family is all that we have"
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

:smileysad:  I want to read to Catch a Pirate SOOOOOO BAD!   It makes me sad, just thinking about how I've not read it yet. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Frequent Contributor
alllyyx0
0 Kudos

the old man &nd the sea

pigman

Contributor
BRITBRITCOLE
0 Kudos

- THE TWILIGHT SAGA
- THE BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD (NOT FOR YOUNGER READERS)
- THE SOOKIE STACKHOUSE NOVELS (NOT FOR YOUNGER READERS)

- THE HOUSE OF NIGHT BOOKS
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
- VAMPIRE KISSES
- THE NIGHT WORLD

I REALLY LOVED THESE BOOKS I THOUGHT THEY WERE AMAZING!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

To Catch A Pirate was sooooo amazing! Yep, it's true! Girls can be kick a** captains on pirate ships! I just got annoyed when Anna was refusing to believe that her ship was a pirate ship! Hello, (spoiler) when you kidnap someone and hold them prisiner AND are searching for treasure then I think you are a pirate ship! Ha! I was so suprised about the ending!!!!!!! I thought I was just going to be depressed gor the rest of the night after I read it but that last page in the book totally caught me off guard!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Frequent Contributor
RochellyakaFictionLover
0 Kudos

(SPOILERS)  

She did want to accept that she loved James.. She did want to believe that she was acting against the law when she forged the signature and became the captain of a ship. But I really liked when James said that they were under his commend because he saved them. You know something I found really weird, the fact that James kissed her 1000 times and she did do anything, well she did slap him once but it was because he kept on teasing her after the kiss. But this was such a great story, I got pissed at both of them but then I could not believe what James did to Anna at the end when he stole the treasure from her (good thing he came back and saved her AGAIN. But over all I loved it and my favorite chapter is James!!! lol

Frequent Contributor
RochellyakaFictionLover
0 Kudos

If I tell you I will spoil it for you.. The only thing I can say is that it is really good and if you live romance, adventure, suspense, rivalry but most of all a hate and love relationship, this is the right book..

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

(SPOILERS)

I know! I was so suprised when he stole the treasure! I wish Jade Parker would write a sequel for they're adventures on the sea!

Frequent Contributor
RochellyakaFictionLover
0 Kudos

that would be just great.. omg yeah i would love to know how James does the pirate hunter thing if he has the soul of a true pirate and then with Anna by his side....=]
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I know! I wonder if she does make a sequel if any of the pirates from before will be the enemy?? I felt bad for Nathaniel though! I didn't like him that much but I was still was sad for him!

Frequent Contributor
RochellyakaFictionLover
0 Kudos

idk i kinda felt bad for him.. no let me be honest i hated him.. the only time i liked him was at first because he was alwasy there for Anna, i like him until he used the cat- something against James... i think that he deserved what he got for being so cruel.. but yeah poor him.. lol
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Imagine this! A sequel! *Hannah goes into daydream*