Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

Summer Vacation

My summer vacation is just around the corner. Any suggestions what to read for the summer?

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Re: Summer Vacation

Well =P There is already a Recommendation list by Lexa555 that you can check out and see if you like any books there.

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
NathalieVC
0 Kudos

The Book Theif by Marcus Z?

that was a great book

=]

=]
Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

With the third in the series coming out in August...you should read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire.  Both are really great books!!

What about you?  Do you have any suggestions for us?

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

My last year teacher recommended that series to me last year, but I never gave much thought into reading it. Can you tell me what the series about because a lot people I asked gave different summaries of the series. And it's confusing.

I suggesting reading "A Kiss in Time" by Alex Finn. The author who wrote "Beastly". A kiss in Time is a new version of sleeping beastly and A Kiss in Time  "Children of the Red King Series".

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

The Hunger games pretty much has to with a country ruled by the Capital.  Within the country their are 12 districts all of which do different things.  Such as District 12 mines, while another is agriculture.  The lower number district the more better they are.  Well, there was a 13 district at some point and they got tired of the Capitals rule.  They had an uprising.  However, the Capital pretty much demolished District 13 and decided to start The Hunger Games in order to remind the districts who was in charge.  Each year every child from the age 11 up to 18 had to put their names in the pot.  One boy and one girl would be drawn from each district to compete.  It is a sport that the people in the Capital truly enjoy watching.  However, it is not a game anyone from the districts want to compete in because only 1 can come out alive.  It is action pack with a little romance thrown in there.

Very good.  I highly recommend them!!

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

Thank you Heather_Lynn for the summary.