Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Austin_Mini
0 Kudos

Summer reading

sorry that im positing a lot but im really bored

so anyway do u like to read in summer? Simply put yes or no

i would pick yes XD

Ima BookNERD! That's what makes me, well, me!!~Austin(me)
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

Re: Summer reading

yes.
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

of course i like to read in the summer!! :smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

of course.

what are you going to read?

my last day of school was today!!! ahhh

You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Frequent Contributor
Austin_Mini
0 Kudos

right now im reading Need  
Correspondent
Duncan-lover-4eva
0 Kudos

Of course. I'm reading the Drama high series.....soo good.
If you ever feel the need to wonder why.
Let me know
-Aaliyah
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Ugh.  What do you think of Need?  I was hugely disappointed.  Totally amateur novel.  Sounds like a teenager wrote it. 

Oh and answering the question, yes I like to read during the summer, but I surprisingly don't have very much time to do so.  I'm currently reading The DaVinci Code, and I'm reading 13 Reasons Why next!  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Frequent Contributor
Austin_Mini
0 Kudos

omg need is ok... but my freds in school read 13 reasons why

need is so much like twiligt

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I'm about to read that!  :smileyhappy: 

Ugh. Yes.  But at least Twilight was well written.  Need is just..... not.  And I thought Twilight lacked a plot line.  Need I can't even tell what the plot is.  It's all so friggin random.  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

lol there is no simple yes nor no to reading.

but H*ll yea im going to be readin . !

Frequent Contributor
Austin_Mini
0 Kudos

lol i loved the twilight series <3
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

the books i was supposed to read over the summer.... i've read already bout half of them...granted i only had 6 but still. haha

hopefully my mom will take me to the library then i don't have to buy books although i do like buying books haha.

You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

Yes, I read in the summer! Its the best time to read. I am FINALLY going to read Brisingr. I pre-ordered it and then got 300 pgs. in then quit.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Inspired Contributor
rebecca_m_15
0 Kudos

I am definitely reading over summer.  I'm going to buy the Mortal Instruments Series, I read the first one and I LOVED it! Now I just need to read the others. Other than that I'm not completely sure what I'll read... :smileysad: Any ideas?
You don't have to do what's normal. I certainly don't! :smileyvery-happy:
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

i'm definitely going to read this summer, there aren't as many interuptions during summer, i'm going to read and lay out on my back porch, HA!.

i'm fixing to start the Eragon series. and then i'm going to finish HP, never got to read 6 or 7 :smileysad:.

there are so many more books on my list and i keep finding more. it's pathetic. but idc.

I'm a book nerd.
I like making my friends into book nerds.
Inspired Contributor
rebecca_m_15
0 Kudos

there are so many more books on my list and i keep finding more. it's pathetic. but idc.

---

Mine is now a couple of pages long because of that. I get on here and I see something interesting then it all just goes downhill from there. LOL! I love it. 

Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

yes.. mine keeps on growing. however, the books i bought are supposed to be at my house today (stupid delivery takes forever) and i will more then likely be consumed with them for hopefully at the least a week..

ok i bought 4 from b&n and then got a giftcard for borders so bought 3 from there. today i get the 4 and that's when my problem kicks in. i read them WAY TO FAST!! and then i have nothing to read and it's depressing so i BUY more.

I'm a book nerd.
I like making my friends into book nerds.
Inspired Contributor
rebecca_m_15
0 Kudos

lol... that's exactly how I feel.... except that my books aren't coming in today.
Correspondent
Duncan-lover-4eva
0 Kudos

I know what you mean. It's like when I read a book I can't stop reading it, than when I finish reading it I wish I hadn't...:smileysad: . It's ashame why can't the books I want just appear out of nowhere?!? :/
If you ever feel the need to wonder why.
Let me know
-Aaliyah
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

There are four things in life that should be free: Love, Friends, Health and....books! I love reading during the summer. No school, homework, people that keep saying "Hey, Stop reading! So and so did this! Hey! I said stop reading!" Ugh, so annoying!

I'm dying to re-read the Harry Potter series and actually finish the series (I read the first and third. Tried reading the second, but didn't finish) I know the second is somewhere in this house. *searchs for Harry Potter*

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103