Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
rebecca_m_15
0 Kudos

Re: Summer reading

Lol. Hope there's luck in the Search for Harry Potter #2! Love the books!
You don't have to do what's normal. I certainly don't! :smileyvery-happy:
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

*stares incredulously*  You've never read the second HP book?!  That's like my favorite out of the movies.  Lol.   

I finally finished Da Vinci!  Woot!  Now I have to read more.  I get so depressed because I barely ever read.  :smileysad:  Stupid summer PE and my job.  Sucks away all my reading time.  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

NO LUCK! HP #2 (Librabry version) is gone! I searched up, down, diagnoaly, side to side and any other way you can think of, but onle found three other library books I despretly need to return! At least, maybe, I can borrow them from my BFF. If not my mother will have the burden of buying them all. I want to finish the series up to thh sixth when the movie comes out. (I can do that. Trust me)

The first, second and the fourth (to an exctent) were the best HP movies. zthe third was bleh and made me uninterested ( even though I already read the book). THe fifth just sucked completely! So boring!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

HAhaha.  Totally agreed. I hope the sixth one doesn't suck.  :smileysad:  That would make me totally depressed.
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Yes, I would feel like I read all of those words, pages and books just to see a terrible movie?! Wow, that freakin sucks! I saw the New Moon tralier. Even though I don't like the books (with a passion) I am going to see it. Why? The acting looks better, No Edward, Taylor Launter (sp?)  is hot and in the movie, No Edward. Did I mention No Edward? Sorry, I really don't like him!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Contributor
rebecca_m_15
0 Kudos

I can't wait the see both Half Blood Prince and New Moon....  In my opinion both books were good and I liked all the Harry Potter movies, but it's just an opinion.
Frequent Contributor
Austin_Mini
0 Kudos

Lol i saw the new moon trailer too its looks so good.... ive read all the books they were good and i hate edward to but i <3 <3 <3 Alice^^ she sexy (yes,i am a guy)
Ima BookNERD! That's what makes me, well, me!!~Austin(me)
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

OMG!  You have no idea how hard you just made me laugh!  (And Im still laughing)  Omg!  *takes deep breath*  Ok.  I'm better now.  *giggle*
Inspired Contributor
rebecca_m_15
0 Kudos

roflmao!!! That's funny... Alice is also my favorite character, but not because she 's"sexy" lol! I just thought she was awesome!
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

James could freakin murder her, okay?! Wait didn't he do something like that?! I heard he did something to her. Am I right?
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Uhm, when Alice was still human James was hunting her, but there was a vampire who turned her to save her.  James in turn killed said vampire.  Alice had a scent that was intoxicating to James,..... I think.  *ponders*  it's been a while sicne I've read them. Haha. 
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Yeah, I think that's what happened....It's been a long time for me too.. lol.
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Frequent Contributor
Austin_Mini
0 Kudos

LOL yeah that's what happened LOL ive read them like 2 times over lol but they got old so im now totally obsessed with the Percy Jackson series (i really always have been)
Ima BookNERD! That's what makes me, well, me!!~Austin(me)