Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
cheergrl24
0 Kudos

Re: Sushi!

mmm i looove sushi :womanhappy:

it's kinda funny because I just got back from Disney World on Friday and when I went to Epcot, the first thing I bought was sushi in "Japan"  haha  i love sushi!! I like tuna, rainbow rolls...its all gud mann!

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Ya no kiddin.  I laugh alot at totally random things.  One time in my Honors bio class one of the guys who sits across from me just kept laughing.  I had NO IDEA what about, but he was just so red in the face that I started laughing.  And everytime I looked at him I broke out into more giggles.  I was laughing so hard  that everytime he looked at me he started laughing all over again.  We got a lot of weird looks.  ALOT.  But it was totally weird and hilarious cuz I had no idea what he was even laughing about.  It was great. 

People are so stiff I swear.  People have no fun in life.  One of my favorite lines from a book is LIM.  Live in the Moment.  I now take this as my personal moto.  Lol.  

Omg.  We went to this Greek restaurant one time and the hostess was all like "You guys are lucky, tonight we have live entertainment."  and we were like "Oh really what?"  And she replies "Bellydancers."  Ya and they were OLD belly dancers.  It was totally weird but hilarious.  Then they started going out into the crowd and getting people to dance.  Well one of them yanked my chair out and so I just got up and danced. It was so funny.  I'll probably never forget it.  Haha.  

Yay!  Someone else likes sushi!  Woot!  Ha vamps!  You're outvoted!  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I totally laugh my nutt off in class, except I get in trouble for it. A lot of trouble. Why am I getting in trouble when it's the dude across from me that's the one who made me laugh?

WOW! Belly dancers??! That's freakin' crazy! Have I mentioned that belly dancers kind of make me sick?

I don't care if I'm outvoted. It doesn't mean anything!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Lol.  ya my teacher was getting pretty irritated.... we were giving presentations that day. 

Eh.  You didn't have to watch old belly dancers with flab.  Don't complain.  Lol.  That was probably one of the most random crazy things I have ever done.  Lol.  

You're still outvoted.  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

My teacher was irrritated that day too. She hadn't yelled at anyone all day. Jk.

Ew. Bad mental image! BAD MENTAL IMAGE!

I sill don't care.

Guess what I just did! Have you seen the commercial for the Neutragina Skin Id thing? Well, I took the ID test! Go me! Go me!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

*giggles evilly*  Haha. 

Lol.  I need to do that test thingy.  Proactive didn't work worth a crap.  

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

My mom wants me to try Proactive, but so far I haven't met a teenager that said it worked. Just adults. Neutragina has some products that work okay. It gets away some of my acne, like one or two zits, but it doesn't help my blackheads or the rest of my zits. I think the Skin ID is going to work better because it's personalized, instead of one product for everyone. You know?
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Psha.  Didn't work for me at all.  I use a Neutragina product now, and it' works ok.  Not fantabulous, but it's done ok so far.  Maybe I'll try Skin ID. 
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I haven't tried the products, just took the test. Hopefully, I can order them in the next few days and see how they work. I hope they work great. Acne is mean piece of shenanigans!

Did you notice how we started talking about Sushi and have ended in Acne products?!

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I know.  *le sigh*  And add in hormones to the mix it's just wonderful. 

That seems to happen alot.  Lol.  

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Plus, that lovely thing that comes once a month. Oh, so wonderful!

Yeah, I know.

I can't believe what I'm listening to! Shiny Toy Guns (with Missy! Ew!)- Le Disko! God, Missy CAN NOT sing this song! If they were going to get a new singer. They need to get one that can hold a note or just drop the last album off the setlist and let Carah Faye and her new band play it! Here's  the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ePMa3RiUU

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

AH!  That's horrific!  Missy?  God I forgot the Pussycat Dolls wannabe's name.  *rolls eyes*  She's horrible  She can sing pretty stuff, but she's just not hard core and she doesn't have the voice for it. 

Versant is freakin awesome.  I adore Carah Faye.  I will follow her music career as long as I live.  

I had no idea you liked Shiny!  That's so cool.  They're one of my faves.  Ok... well their album with Carah is one of my faves.  I still love the guy lead singer (why can I NEVER remember his name?!) but the PCD wannabe needs to go, like now.  

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I just found out her name is actually Sisley! Whatever. I don't really care. Shiny Toy Guns wer amazing when they had Carah Faye, but once they got Sisley they stunk! Seriously, which would you rather listen to Le Disko or Ricchocet? I think the choice is pretty obvious!

Versant is amazing! Have you heard 'Out of Touch'? So great! And so is 'Push Away'! I can't wait until they release an album!

Yes, I love Shiny!

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Ya that's her name!  Not that I give a crap.  Carah Faye walked out cuz she wanted to control her own music.  I thought the whole point of SHiny taking so long to freakin get signed was so that they had indepence over their music.  Apparently not however.  She said she wanted to write her own music.  Go Carah.   Le Disko all the way man. 

YES!  Their myspace page is bookmarked in my favorites.  I listen to it all the time. I know!  I'm dying for their album!  

OMG.  I couldn't even finish watching that stupid video!  It was horrible!  She butchered it! Horribly!  I can sing it better than that!  Ugh.  I want to punch Sisely in the face.  

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

At first I thought the rest of Shiny kicked her out, but then I saw an interview and I thought that Carah was doing the right thing. She's starting over to be happy in her music! Go her!

I know! Something's wrong with they're mysace music. The songs will get to the bridge and then stop.

Yeah, I know. Did she even sing half the time?!

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

dude i totally get what you mean. me and my friends act so crazy and wild especially in public. Serioiusly it's hilarious. and then most people are all like wtf are they doing? but then some people think we're awesome. i just hate people who are stuck inside their little boxes of 'normalicy'.
step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I know!  I noticed that too!  Sometimes they work fine and other times they just stop.  Get's kinda annoying.  I hope they  upload some new songs soon. 

UH!  I don't even know.  I couldn't stand it.  It was that bad.  It was like some sick twisted version of the song.  And what drove me really crazy was that Sisely actually thought she was rocking out and I was just like "NO!" I couldn't believe people were video taping it with their phones!  Who would freakin want to listen to that crap?!  Ah!  Just makes me so angry.  

I say down with normalcy!  Hm.... that could be a cool band name.  

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

THere was supposed to be an "i" in normalicy.  oops.  Lol. 
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

wow u have got a good point there sorry to intterupt your back and forth convosation
"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Is normalcy a word?

Today, I went on they're myspace, it didn't work. That make me sad...:smileysad:

She didn't even sing HALF the song! She kept trying to scream at the crowd. I have no idea what she was telling them! UGH! Have you seen the Ghost Town music video?! It's in cartoon form and I don't even know who's who! None of them look at all like they're real selves. Plus, the song is terrible...