Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
mistere247
0 Kudos

Re: THE HUNGER GAMES

I also think that the first book is by far the best Ill be finishing the third any day now and I agree that it would make an amazing movie but they have to be careful with casting

Contributor
IBB15
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games series is soooooooooooo addicting!!!! Good thing they're books! I read Hunger Games in about a week, but read Catching Fire and Mockingjay in a day!! So you can guess how much time I have or how good the books were, but I'm telling you these books are AWESOME! If you haven't read these books, get up, go the library, and check it out!! What are you waiting for?? My fav book was Mockingjay because of all the surprises, and don't worry I'm not the spoiler type. But make sure that if you're gonna read the series, start from the beginning, or you'll be all confused. Good luck and happy reading!!

$I AM WHO I AM$
Reader
Confessionsofabookjunkie
0 Kudos

OMG I LOVE this series!  It's VERY addicting...I ordered Mockingjay at the beginning of August and it was the LONGEST 24 days of my life.  KEEP READING!

Frequent Contributor
Nancy_TumblingBooks
0 Kudos

OMG I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read all three books in like 3 weeks, mind you I had already started school and had tons of homework (obviously that got pushed aside lol). I LOVE the series. One of the best series I've read.

I was hooked on Twilight (before it was "cool") but now I'm so over it. I can't believe I even liked it so much. I re-read Eclipse and the whole time I was just hoping for it to end. I'm reading Harry Potter now (on book 5), SOOOOO much better than Twilight. Hunger Games is awesome, though, its up there with Harry Potter on my list.

=)

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends."

Visit my YA blog: http://shethebookgeek.blogspot.com
Contributor
Prim-Rose
0 Kudos

I agree. I liked Twilight before everyone started getting obsessed, and it is still a good series but i have to admit i do like Harry Potter better.

The Hunger Games is one of the best series I have ever read and I really hope she ends up writing a follow up series or something of the sort.

Post your ideas for casting here!

Katniss- Someone not so famous. She has to be Katniss.. ?Saoirse Ronan?

Not sure about anyone else

"She had her nose in a book and her head in the clouds."
Contributor
Prim-Rose
0 Kudos

As long as the casting doesnt end up like Twilight did I think I will be ok.

"She had her nose in a book and her head in the clouds."
Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2010/11/19/fan-made-hunger-games-clip-gives-a-taste-of-what-might-be/

I dont kno if u've seen this or not but here is a fan made trailer

"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
Contributor
Bookwormreader13
0 Kudos

I love this book series! It is the best book series i've read out of all the books on my book shelf. (ALOT OF BOOKS) When I got the first one I had only gotten it because all my friends were reading it. Once I got into it i couldn't put it down. It was like the new Twilight series at my school and everyone was reading it! My favorite has to be the second because I loved the setting of that one and to me it was the best but all in all they were all fantastic! :smileyvery-happy:

So after, when he whispers, "You love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "Real."
- Katniss Everdeen MOCKINGJAY by Suzanne Collins
Distinguished Correspondent
salander_9277
0 Kudos

I loved this series!

I recently came across The Maze Runner by James Dashner which is a similar type of trilogy being written.  The sequel The Scorch Trials came out a month or two ago.  I really enjoyed these if you're looking for something sort of like The Hunger Games.

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. ~W. Somerset Maugham

http://greatexpectationsbookreview.blogspot.com
New User
angelica33guinn66
0 Kudos

This series is AMAZING my cousin told me about it I read them all loved them all, Mockingjay a little disappointing but still awesome. I got my dad to read them and he has gotten like 4 people at work to read them. Point being, they are soo good. I do, however, feel like the movies will fail just like everything else. There is so much detail and violence in the books that there is no way they will make a very good movie. But, I will be seeing it because I am a dedicated fan :smileyhappy:

New User
Hanna13
0 Kudos

i read the first one and it was addicting.  i think i read it in a few hours maybe.  it was intense and exciting

mommybooknerd wrote:

I am hooked on this book.  I have not read the 2nd or 3rd book, so no spoilers please...but is anyone else hooked on this book.  I find it morbid and fascinating at the same time!

What are your thoughts out there!

Em

New User
icaroJG
0 Kudos

I Loved the first book!! It was amazing!! The second was the best of all... The third was so realistic then the ending was so bad --' how can she end up having nightmares that is really sad! I know that this is a really right to the point...  The most realistic as possible... But come on!! How can they do that to her!!... Her mother abandoned her! Gale or whatever was that guys name just left without a fight (I knew he will not end with her but really)... And peta or what ever is his name just too cute to be left with that  psycho... I don't hate the heroine but it was so gruesome what she went through and the ending just hit the nail ... No wonder why she had nightmares and stuff...

Contributor
ThatsSoYou

I have to agree wholeheartedly about the recommendation for The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I also thought it was a little similar to The Hunger Games. I just finished Mockingjay and now I'm reading the Scorch Trials. I would also recommend The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan to anyone that likes these types of series. I was a little bit disappointed with Mockingjay also, but I loved the series as a whole. I was pleased to see something new in the young adult genre. 

Contributor
Livr
0 Kudos

I have read the whole series and I love it!  I did have a hard time trying to find a book as great as The Hunger Games but I did find a couple.  The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare has many twist like The Hunger Games and is very enjoyable though it is not as gripping.  I also found Match my Ally Condie very good too.  I accidently purchased it when I got my NookColor but I was enraptured by it and read it in two days.  Please read these books after The Hunger Games it will help you cope with end of reading such a great series!

Distinguished Correspondent
salander_9277

ThatsSoYou wrote:

I have to agree wholeheartedly about the recommendation for The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I also thought it was a little similar to The Hunger Games. I just finished Mockingjay and now I'm reading the Scorch Trials. I would also recommend The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan to anyone that likes these types of series. I was a little bit disappointed with Mockingjay also, but I loved the series as a whole. I was pleased to see something new in the young adult genre. 

Thank you for the recommendation on Carrie Ryan's series.  I love this genre so it's nice to hear what other books are good.

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. ~W. Somerset Maugham

http://greatexpectationsbookreview.blogspot.com
Contributor
princessgraeter

I haven't started reading these books yet, but I really want to. Everyone loves them, and that usually means I will also love them. They seem really interesting. As soon as  Iget some book monies, I am going to read it.

:smileyvery-happy:
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

If you haven't already guessed by my name I am IN LOVE WITH THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!! The plots are not boring at all and the characters are so close you could touch them. I would recommend this series to anybody!!!!!! Though it has a little too much violence for anyone under 10. Mockingjay was one of my top 5 books of all time and anyone who knows how may books I have read they would know that is a LOT.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

I really like the Hunger Games too. My favorite one was the 1st book, the Hunger Games. I did not expect what happened to Prim in Mockingjay though!
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. - EAP
Correspondent
kelly-leigh

I just finished Catching Fire and Mockingjay this weekend! I think out of three, Catching Fire was my favorite with the first one very close behind. All through reading Mockingjay I was torn --- Gale or Peeta? Up until the accident with Prim, I was really rooting for Gale even though I think Peeta is great.

As much as I love Gale, I was really satisfied with the ending. (MAJOR SPOILERS COMING) I think it was great Katniss kiled Coin, because she was just as corrupt as the other side. I mourned Finnick when the muttations got him, and it was gut-wrenching to find out that Prim was killed by Gale's invention. As for Katniss's end, I thought it was perfect. Peeta was the right one for her and it didn't feel forced at all. Unlike what many authors do, this epilogue wasn't sugar-coated at all - it was real but with a glimmer of hope.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

I agree the second one was just in front of the first!

I really REALLY want to know if it really was gale's invention or not.

I was always rooting for gale even though i knew it would be peeta. I am SO glad she killed Coin.(Never thought i would say that!) She was really stupid. I totally agree about the ending though, absolutly perfect.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi