Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
tangleclaw

Tangleclaw`s talk to friends place

[ Edited ]
Ok foxstar and anyone else who is my friend, I made this so that we could talk about warriors books and anything we want to! Hope you find this and reply! hope to TTLY you later!
Message Edited by tangleclaw on 03-03-2009 04:36 PM
Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

Re: Tangleclaw`s talk to friends place

Hey Tangleclaw! It's FOXSTAR!!!! Sorry it took me a while to figure out this whole book club thing. I can tell you anything I know about Warriors. I got my laptop set up at my mom's house so I'll be on more often! Thanks for joining IceClan and as a favor could you tell anyone else who you talk to to join. If you read my about me, I said that when I got enough members I'd post a video on youtube. Anin my 'Sunrise' review I said I was writing a story called "Ashfur's Choice" and I think it came out really well. I got it on a powerpoint and when I add music I'll try to get it on youtube. If I can't figure it out I'll get it on the internet somehow. So I'll keep you updated. I'm so glad I found someone who goes on Barnes and Noble just as much as I do. Oh Yeah. You wanted to know what the whole IceClan thing was. Well it's just for fun! But remember: Enough members=youtube video! I'll talk to you later. See Ya!!!
~Foxstar, Leader of IceClan
Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

Oh and can you tell me how to make a book club? Thanx!
Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

ALL WARRIORS FANS VIEWING THIS! TALK TO US!
Frequent Contributor
tangleclaw
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hey thanks for replying! to make a book club you do new message then type in what you want it to be called and type your message and there you have it! Ok I will try and find some people who go on, but i do not know if I can think of any people other then me that goes on here. ok since you seem to know like everything about warriors, is erin hunter going to make more warrior books after sunrise? I am going to try and get sunrise at the barnes and Noble at the promande the day it comes out!  Ok TTLY later

P.S. Do you know what a laurel is? cause I got one on my frist message of this book club

Message Edited by tangleclaw on 03-04-2009 05:05 PM
Message Edited by tangleclaw on 03-04-2009 05:06 PM
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

hi im not a warrior fan or anything but a laurel is somthing that people give you when you did something good and stuff.

I cant explian so here is the spot where it talk about it http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board/message?board.id=CR&thread.id=10093 

hope that helps you out!!

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

Hey TANGLECLAW! Yes, They are going to make more WARRIORS books after SUNRISE! I think the series is called OMEN OF THE STARS, the first book is the FOURTH APPRENTICE, and I think it continues after SUNRISE with LIONBLAZE, HOLLYLEAF, and JAYFEATHER!!!

~Foxstar, Leadeof IceClan

Frequent Contributor
tangleclaw
0 Kudos

awesome! I have to get those books! How do you know all this stuff before it comes out? Oh and how many warriors books do you own? i own one manga, and I am going to get the super edition soon, and I am so going to get sunrise! Well TTLY later
Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I know there will be a 4th series because if you go on the warrior website, www.warriorcats.com, and find 'Ask Erin Hunter' Some one asks her if there will be a next series and she says yes. I think the only reason she wrote SEEKERS is because WARRIORS was so big. And I have a few questions to ask you. #1. Who do you think Lionblazes, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather's parent are? #2. Who do you think killed Ashfur? Just curious.

P.S. I own 17 Warrior books. I have the first 3 of the 1st series. I have Midnight(the 1st of series 2). All of the 3rd series, except SUNRISE! All 6 mangas. Secrets of the Clans,  and Cats of the Clans.!:smileyvery-happy: YAY!!! I'm going to get them all!!!

Message Edited by Foxstar on 03-08-2009 02:41 PM
Message Edited by Foxstar on 03-08-2009 02:41 PM
Message Edited by Foxstar on 03-08-2009 02:42 PM
Frequent Contributor
tangleclaw
0 Kudos

Well to answer question one, I think their parents are leafpool and crowfeather, but erin hunter likes to do twists, so maybe not. For question number two, squirellflight, but as I said erin hunter likes to do twists in the stories. you have almost all them? Awesome! I only have one manga, but i am going to get sunrise when it comes out, and I am going to ask for warrior books for any holidays. well TTLY you later. P.S. How many warrior books have you read? I know you read the ones you have, but have you read the others? I have read all the first series, all the power of three series (except for sunrise) the special edition, firestar`s quest, and I am about to start on the new phophecy. I kinda started weird on the series I read the manga first, cause i got it from a thift store near me, and i just liked it cause of it`s cool comic pictures, then I read the special edition at the library, then i thought the power of three series was after that, cause of the story in the back talking about Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, and Lionblazes, so I read all the power of three, then as i was reading the series, i realized the order of the books and started on the first series. So now I am going to read new phophecy and by then the new series will be out, but i read really fast so who knows.
Frequent Contributor
tangleclaw
0 Kudos

hey foxstar! I was wondering, did you make up your name, or did you do the game on the warriors website and it said your name was that? because your name is a leader name, and mine is a warrior name, I know that some people get apprentice names (like my siblings did when i put in thier names), and some people get warrior names, but I thought that nobody got a leader name, cause they did not give out leader names.
Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

Hey TANGLECLAW! No, i made up my name. I wanted to be leader of my made up Clan, which is ICECLAN! And, apart from the books, I love foxes. So FOX+LEADER=FOXSTAR!!! You get out of school before me because you're in highschool. Or are you an 8th grader. I'm in 7th grade. That's why I never catch you after school. OH YEAH! YES I HAVE READ EVERY WARRIORS BOOK SO FAR!!!! They are the BEST books ever. And just like you I started reading them wrongIn 6th grade my school had a book fair and I bought the first book of NEW PROPHECY. I thought it would be stupid, because I've seen a lot of books with animals on the cover and they're not even about that animal! But I wanted to buy SOMETHING, so i did. After the first day I had it I LOVED it! so the next day I bought Moonrise. So in normal series i read it like this: MIDNIGHT, MOONRISE, DAWN, STARLIGHT, TWILIGHT, SUNSET, THE SIGHT, DARK RIVER, INTO THE WILD, FIRE AND ICE, FOREST OF SECRETS, RISING STORM, A DANGEROUS PATH, DARKEST HOUR, OUTCAST, then ECLIPSE. I read the others at other times. TTYL you tomorrow! BYE!!!
Frequent Contributor
tangleclaw
0 Kudos

Yes i get done with school before you, but not because i am in 8th grade, it's because I am homeschooled, so I get done by like 11:00am. ok I thought you made that name up, but it is a good one! I am a little confused about the whole name game thing on the website, cause now if i play the new phophecy game, and i put in my first name and my hometown, instead of it saying tangleCLAW, it says tanglePAW, but then sometimes it puts up the name they gave me first, so maybe it is a glitch in the system. Oh and i was wondering, on your profile, you say you are a reddish cat, did you make that up too, so that is would match your name, or do you have a cat for real, and it looks like that? I am a cat with LONG fluffy gray, white, orange, and brown fur, because that is the way my real cat is, her name is gracie. If only i could put a pic from my digital camera as my avatar, so you could see, and i would be Gracie and you could see what she looks like. Well TTYL
Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

FOXSTAR: IceClan Camp

[ Edited ]

No, I don't have a cat like that. I made it up to match my name. Oh the reason your name is TanglePAW on the WARRIORS QUEST game is because your supposed to be starting out as an apprentice. When you win you get your warrior name. My name is supposed to be Hawkclaw, but it sounds to boyish, and reminds me of Hawkfrost. So I used my middle name and the place i want to live in the future, Queensland Australia, and I got Iceflower(which is why she's a character in my Clan(my 'daughter')) But I wanted to be a leader and Icestar didn't sound so catchy. I wish I did have a cat like my description though. It's a shock I don't because I grew up with a LOT of cats! A lot of my cats are in the Clan, though. i'm writing my own versions of WARRIORS, and i thought it would be cool to add them.(All the cats listed here are real. If they have a % next to them they're my grandmom's(but I count them as my own) and the ones she gave to people on her street and my aunt(which i stilll call my own!). The ones with *next to them live with me. M=male F=female)  My cats are: Moony(Moonspot-M), Simeon(Whitemouth-M), Jasmine(Emeraldeyes-F- she died in October 2007), %BeBe(Dawneyes-F), %Pooh-Bear(Blackpelt-F), %Simba(Softstripes-M), %Katie-Whiskers(Squirrelheart-F), %TaTim(Lilybird-F), %Cosmo(Nightbreeze-M), %Lilo(Rosecloud-F), %Stitch(Twigwhisker-M), and (pronounced with a long "O") %Rody(Silvernose-M). I named Rody and Katie Whiskers, because they were mine. I gave Katie back because she got lonley without her littermates, and Rody because he scratched my sister. He lives  his dad, Stitch, at my aunt's, and Katie lives with my Mommom. 

P.S. What state do you live in? I live in New Jersey!

P.S.S. You're SO lucky. My schooldoesn't let us out until 2:30!

P.S.S.S. We need more people in IceClan. I haven't heard from our other Clanmate, Jaysnow, in a while! 

~Foxstar, Leader of IceClan.

Message Edited by Foxstar on 03-11-2009 03:19 PM
Frequent Contributor
tangleclaw
0 Kudos

Re: FOXSTAR: IceClan Camp

[ Edited ]
i live in PA, so we aren't to far away from each other, cool! Yeah I have benn checking Jawsnow's profile and she hasn`t really benn doing anything lately. Oh i get it now, cause i would put my name in for just the name thing, and it would say tangleclaw, and on the game it would say paw, so i get it now. i think that is really cool that you are making warrior books of your own, you should write one on here when you are done with one. I guess i am lucky to be homeschooled, I like it better then going to school, but it has it's downsides too, like having my younger siblings around me when i am trying to study (cause the are pretty loud even though my little sis is in 3rd grade and my brother in 6th, oh and i have a idenitcal twin sister too, but me and her get along much better, and she isn't loud cause she is the same age). another downside is having like no friends, cayse i do not go to schoo, and my neiborhood has nobody my age, much less girls. oh and no snow days, and we start school in the beggining of august, not september, but there are ups too, like having no homework, and getting done fast. Oh and i have a question, what are tags for? Oh and I am having trouble with my avatar, and it is a landscape instead of my avatar that i picked.
Message Edited by tangleclaw on 03-11-2009 05:11 PM
Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hey TANGLECLAW! I think a tag is a link to something that is related. Like on youtube, under 'more info', there's tags. like just say your looking up warriors there, some tags might be warriors, cats, etc. Yeah, I'm not sure how long it will take me to right MY warrior books. I started last yaer and i'm only on Chapter 3. The story isn't rvolved around FOXSTAR (but she is leader). Its the story of 2 of her five kits. Beetlekit(Beetlwing) and Icekit(Iceflower). But the other kits (Blazekit, Mothkit, and Shellkit) are important too! Though it stars Beetlekit and Icekit, it has mostly Beetlekit, because i gave him a more interesting life. In the Prolouge, Softstripes is visiting the Moontree( These Clans' version of the moonstone/pool) and gets a message from the the old IceClan leader,Maplestar(Foxstar's mother) and Medicine cat(Graytree (OH! GRAYTREE WAS A REAL PET OF MINE NAMED, QUAZZI. BEFORE I WAS BORN, MY MOM FOUND HIM AT A CHURCH IN NEW HAMSHIRE, SO HE'sNAMED AFTER SOMEONE IN THE BIBLE!LOL)) They give softstripes a message about how many natural disasters are coming. Then in Chapter 1 you meet Iccekit and her siblings. At the end of the chapter they hear Foxstar, Deputy Dawneyes(she quit her deputy-ship after some moons after the disaster. No one knows why.), and Softsripes talking about the disasters. And how IceClan either stays strong or leaves.

I think most likely the next time I come on will be Saturday night, so I can post the first few chapters, if you'd like. I'm (usually) always on her Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, around 2:30, for after school library(they have computers here!) so on those days come on around that time! But I have to get off around 3:20 cuz that's when I leave! i keep begging The after school libray teacher if they can make it longer, and I think she might cave cuz she's my home room teacher! Well, TTYL!

P.S. What part of PA do you live in? Is it Philly?

P.S.S. You know when you say TTYL you later, you're pretty much saying "Talk To You Later You Later"LOL!

P.S.S. Ashfur's Choice won't be up maybe for another 2-3 weeks. :smileysad: 4 at tops. My mom is on vacation so I can't go to her house!

P.S.S.S. It's not too late In MY Warriors books, so I'll add your character!

Message Edited by Foxstar on 03-12-2009 03:22 PM
Frequent Contributor
tangleclaw
0 Kudos

no i do not live in philly, I live in bethlehem, PA. That would be so cool if i was in your books! I am going to the library today, and I am hoping to finish up the new phophecy series today, cause then I have read all the warriors books. Have you read the Seekers? If so, do you like them?  I am going to read the first one and see if i like them, but I know I will still like warriors more. I have not been able to read the seekers, cause at the library that i go to somebody keeps renewing both books and keeping them very over due. Do you know when the new series of warriors will come out? I can't wait for yard sales, i am going to look all over for warrior books. what would be really really awesome would be if i found one like long shadows signed by Erin hunter! long shadows is my favorite book out of all them so far, but sunrise might be better. books are getting really expensive lately, especially hardcover, and hard cover is what i like! where do you live in new jersey? well TTYL

Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

Hey TANGLECLAW!!! I live in Blackwood, New Jersey. Guess what? I looked up my name, Foxstar, and there are other people with that name! I looked up you're name,too, and there were people named Tangleclaw, too! Tigerlilly, a girl on Barnes and Noble, stole my name and Clan name and put it on Webkinzs insider! That makes me really upset. I'm pretty sure she copied it! Well, I'll be positive the rest of the time. GUESS WHAT!!?? I looked up BLUESTAR'S PROPHECY in the search box and it came up! It doesn't come out in the fall, it comes out July 28. I'm going to get it as a late Birthday present cuz my Birthday is July 10! Oh, no, I haven't read Seekers. I mean I love bears, I love all animals, but they're just not my thing. But if you do read them, tell me if you liked them. If you do, I'll try reading them. I have a friend who reads Warriors and she's read Seekers, and she said they were okay, but WARRIORS ARE WAY BETTER!!! You're right, Hardcover books are getting exspensive. They used to be like $10 now they're like $17($18 if you include tax!). Well, I blame the economy. Hopefully Obama will keep it under control. Do you're sisters read Warriors? If they do they could get accounts, talk on our book club and join IceClan!:smileyvery-happy: I am getting so anxious for SUNRISE! I can't wait! Well, I'll talk to you later!!!!! BYE!!!

Frequent Contributor
tangleclaw
0 Kudos

No my sisters do not read warriors, my twin sister like a series called the beacon street girls, and my younger sister does not like reading at all. I am in the middle of seekers, and it is a good book, but warriors is much better! I am going to look up bluestar`s quest right after this to see it! I am getting really excited for sunrise too! i am getting it as a late easter present, since that is the only thing i want and since it comes out the 21st of april, i have to get it late. my mom promised that on the 21st of april wewill go the barnes and noble and get the book, hopefully they will not be all gone. What did she put your name and clan name on there for? I know about webkinz, i still play on there sometimes, but what did she use your name for? Her pet? TTYL
Inspired Contributor
Foxstar
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey Tangleclaw. No, what tigerlilly did was start something like a book club on webkinz insider, and started a Clan. She called it IceClan, and her leader name is Foxstar! She has an account on barnes and noble, because I looked it up in the search user box. She started her so-called Clan on march 7. I'll show you. link to this website: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f195/iceclan-237958/index17.html. UGGHH! That makes me mad that she did that. And very sad:smileysad:. i wanted to be the only Foxstar! Okay, i think i'm gettin too angry at this. I really am getting tired of waiting! I want SUNRISE!!! My favorite Warriors book so far is LONG SHADOWS! And hopefully Sunrise will be better! okay i just thought of a name for MY Warrior books. I think it should be called:

WARRIORS: HORIZON

I like that name because a horizon means a new day, and these stories are new. No longer will the stories tell about ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, and ShadowClan. But IceClan, FlameClan, and LeafClan! Oh I have a question to ask you. I have already thought way ahead of where I am writing. Like Beetlewing is still a kit so far, but i imagined the story all the way up to him being a warrior for moons. An important part I have in my mind is that a FlameClan apprentice is being turned into a warrior in IceClan camp.(All the Clans had to live there together for a few moons, for a reason i can't tell you.) Her name is Morningpaw, but I have two warrior names i like for her: MORNINGFROST or MORNINGBLOSSOM. Which one do you like. if you have other suggestions for her name tell me. So you said you wanted me to write the first few chapters. Well here they are: (Look down at the net post!)

Message Edited by Foxstar on 03-16-2009 03:12 PM