Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
krazy4twilight
0 Kudos

Re: Team Edward or Team Jacob???

[ Edited ]

Team Edward!!!

Jacob can be sooo annoying and he is - or was - being a jerk

He is - or was - pushing Bella into something she doesn't want to do..Chose between Edward and Jacob.

Can't he just leave her be..She in LOVE WITH EDWARD.

He making it harder...He may be fighting for the girl he THINKS he loves, but everyone know he doesn't really LOVE her..And what I'm saying is about the 'imprinting' 

He tries to imprint on Bella, but he can't because there is SOMEONE else that he will love..I mean seriously...he needs to get over the fact that 

If you havn't read Eclispe STOP HERE...

>

>>

>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>

>

That Edward and Bella are going to get MARRIED and be together forever:

Quote from Breaking Dawn:

"Don't be afraid," I murmured.

"We belong together."

I was abruptly overwhelmed by the truth of my own words.

This moment was so perfect, so right,

there was no way to doubt it.

His arms wrapped around me,

holding me against him...

It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.

"Forever," he agreed.

Now tell me, If its 'FOREVER' it could only be Edward because he can make her live forever and Jacob cant

Both Edward and Jacob can live forever, but one has the power to make Bella live forever.

Answer Edward!

And Jacob wouldnt end up with Bella anyways because Stephenie wouldnt write the Vampire as 'the one' in all the Twilight series, only for Bella to end up with the Werewolf...  Sorry People on Team Jacob.....

Message Edited by krazy4twilight on 08-01-2008 04:37 PM
Being Normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must feel.
Contributor
Vampire_911Lover
0 Kudos

yea ur right

plus jake is hott

plus the ones that love edward would hate if someone sayd we hated edward

by the way i love edward..

sorry it does sound mean..

its toooooooooooday!!

see yall there..!!

Contributor
BellaRin
0 Kudos

Team Edward

I know I'm coming in late and all for this discussion, but couldnt help but see your point about Bella. She was my favorite character until she tried to seduce Edward.

Now Edward assumes the title of my favorite. So yes I'm Team Edward. The world doesnt need any more Jacob's. The only good quality he has is loyalty. I mean honestly, would you want a guy to waltz right up to you and kiss you even if he wasnt your fiance without asking your permission? Jacob is very selfish and just wants what he wants whereas Edward is more interested in what Bella wants and making her happy. Also he doesnt try to push her, but at the same time, he is much more mature than she is so he knows whats best for her too. He doesnt always let her have her way. But Jacob seems to be the kind of guy that would bow down and let her have her way all the time. Edward is a lot like my fiance. My fiance doesnt try to control me but he also doesnt spoil me too much by letting me have what I want all the time cause what I want isnt necessarily best for me.

Could be too that I just like Edward better because he's gentler. Girls tend to like intimacy and taking it slow more than forcefulness.

Ok I'm done...

Contributor
BellaRin
0 Kudos

Yes you would need to choose. You cant keep trying to hold one guy in one hand and the other in the other hand. Its not fair to either of them. And as we've seen its impossible for Bella to 'stay' friends with Jacob. His attraction and love for her would get in the way. So yeah I think she does need to choose.
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

twilight_fan01 wrote:

u would hate a character exactly the same way u would like one do u like every single character that u see in a movie no u dont but u dont know them so how could u possibly hate them we also dont know the characters that we fall for its the same thing and if some people dont like him then whatever why does it concern u if u dont care besides the purpose of books at least this book is so that we can feel like we know the characters to see if we can relate to them so the author wants us to feel like we feel that we know the characters so well that its like if they were real the author descirbes jacob and some people dont like his character like in real life would u like someone that were to trick u to kiss him make it impossible for u to be happy with the one that u truly love and he makes u choose between them two all the time and he cant be JUST FRIENDS

didn't mean to offend with my post; it's just that it gets kind of irritating to read 500 i hate jacob posts, all with the reasons that he "trick-kissed" her and he won't let her go. dunno if u've started breaking dawn yet but bella makes it rly hard for jake to forget about her. she wants him around, and he can't help doing what she wants. it's sorta depressing. jake's a pretty good sport for having such a miserable life. i kno ppl think he's a baby about it but edward threatens suicide everytime he thinks bella will be out of his life. maybe i should direct my frustration at bella instead of edward tho; she's kinda the root of both of jake's and edward's problems.
Frequent Contributor
twilight_fan01
0 Kudos

no seriously edward was is the nicest most perfect guy EVER although he made a mistake like alot of people of have he made up for it he paid for it everyone saw that he was in alot of pain everytime that the subject came up because it hurt him so much that he hurt her and please like jacob has made no mistakes ever sure eh was there for her when she needed him but he hurt her to when he kept on pushing and pushing for her to choose when she clearly couldnt and when he kissed her and when he was turning into a wolf he was being so mean to her that really hurt her but no one seems to remember that they only remember the one bad thing that edward did to bella

" I'm tired of trying to stay away from you Bella" - Edward

" I think she's having a hysterics maybe you should slap her" - Alice
Frequent Contributor
twilight_fan01
0 Kudos

that is so not even it the reason why people love him is becuz of his personality and how he is basically everythign about him ha he does not go against nature last time i checked being a 15year old boy that transforms into a big uncontrollable animal that at any time can hurt anyone if their temper gets out of control is not normal edward is there and he along with bella is the main character so whats the point of reading it if u dont like the main character in eclipse jacob leaves so if he is the only reason why u reead it well u may be out of luck what is so bad about edward that makes u hate him so much

Frequent Contributor
twilight_fan01
0 Kudos

yea same here lol

Frequent Contributor
twilight_fan01
0 Kudos

thank u finally someone thinks exactly like me for real though ur right he is pushing and making things harder then they have to be if they were to end up being together hahaha never but if that were to happen and he were to end up imprinting on another girl imagine the heartbreak that she would feel he needs to let her live her life how she wants to and who she wants to live it with becuz he is going to make getting over her harder and they just arent meant to be like she is with edward he makes it so hard to be friends with him all the time she has to worry about what she is always saying to him becuz she doesnt want to break his heart and give him the wrong impression friends are supposed to be comfortable with each other they shouldnt have to worry about those kind of things

Frequent Contributor
twilight_fan01
0 Kudos

yea but give one reason why someone should hate edward and ur right we wouldnt like people saying that but idk

Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

i really think u have issues seeing both sides of the story. u like edward; i like jacob. no matter wut i say, u'll still like edward more. but i think the team switzerland ppl have it right. both of them are really great, and bella's lucky she has both of them. truce. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
twilight_fan01
0 Kudos

yea well ur right i do like jacob well i dont mind him just that i perfer bella with edward but she is lucky to have both of them

Contributor
-_TwilightLover_-
0 Kudos

HELLO! Same goes for vampires friend. ! 1 wrong movement and your neck is snapped and your blood drained. Even not by any of the cullens, just vamps in general.
New User
bdodson
0 Kudos

I honestly dont think i could choose between edward and jacob. they are both really great characters. Go team switzerland!!
BdOdSoN
New User
delaney093
0 Kudos

before reading breaking dawn i wasnt sure but now i'm Team Edward!!!

but i think she is lucky to have them both in her life

New User
Vareal_Stormbringer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

-_TwilightLover_- wrote:
HELLO! Same goes for vampires friend. ! 1 wrong movement and your neck is snapped and your blood drained. Even not by any of the cullens, just vamps in general.

but one rong move with a werewolves and your pack food. nothing against werewolves but at least a vamp can hold his own without need his siblings to back him up.

Vareal_stormbringer

sorry wanted to clarify what I was talking about.

Message Edited by Vareal_Stormbringer on 08-05-2008 05:40 PM
New User
swimmin
0 Kudos

totally TEAM JACOB!!! ive had a bad feeling about Edward since the start and after eclipse, i really do hate him
--

"Does my being half naked bother you?" -Jacob

"What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have."
Contributor
BellaRin
0 Kudos

Sorry no one can argue with Edward's personality over Jacob. Personally, I dont hate Jacob, but I dont care for his personality. I'd rather have a guy who was upfront and honest with me rather than Jacob who is very manipulative. And yes Bella does make it hard for him to leave. One thing I dont like about her personality is she has a hard time letting go. I've had to tell all guy friends who were attracted to me to basically get lost when I met my fiance. And Edward doesnt threaten to commit suicide if Bella leaves him. Its just the truth as to what he would do. And I think that is very romantic the thought of someone not being able to live without someone ese in their world. If I died, my fiance says he wouldnt know how to react and he said he'd probably be suicidal as well. In the end, Bella marries Edward. He sticks with her and is completely committed to the altar and beyond. Who wouldnt want a guy like that?

Contributor
Frogtat13
0 Kudos

I have actually started my own team. Go team Edcob! I am 28 and I love the books. I have gone from loving Edward to having my heart broken and then having life brought back to my heart. The same goes for Jacob but in a different order. I started out very much disliking Jacob then I realized his necessity for Bella and his love for Nessie. The Twilight series needed both characters to evolve into the great books that Stephenie has written. I only wish she would continue the story. I truly believe that Edward, Bella, Jacob and the rest of her wonderful characters are not finished.
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

swimmin wrote:

totally TEAM JACOB!!! ive had a bad feeling about Edward since the start and after eclipse, i really do hate him

YAY! i didn't think there was a soul in the world who didn't like edward!!!

And BellaRin did u just say jake is manipulative and not Edward . . . Edward is exactly the opposite of uprfront. he lies all the time! and i kno it's to protect bella, but it bugs me. i like how jake thinks she can handle the truth. he doesn't keep things from her. and if bella were to choose jake, he'd be every bit as committed to her. IF U HAVEN'T READ BREAKING DAWN DON't READ THE NEXT FEW SENTENCES

SPOILER ALERTTTTTT

SPOILER*************************

SPOILER********************************

SPOILER************************************

SPOILER*****************************************

anyway i do think it was rite for bella and edward to end up together in the end and jake was happy too, so kudos to stephenie meyer for finishing it the right way. but i have a question for anyone who has already read breaking dawn. did u guys like it as much as the other ones??