Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
disneygirl1195
0 Kudos

Team Stefan or Team Damon?

[ Edited ]

Okay, so i love the vampire diaries books and the tv show. I am having tvd withdrawals right now :smileyhappy: 

sooooo which side are you Team Damon or Team Stefan???!???

ps. if your a fan of the show or books, leave thoughts down, and if you want, about last season (season 2) and what you think will happen!!!! I would love to here opinions.

TEAM DAMONNN! <3

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa

Re: Team Stefan or Team Damon?

I am 100% team Damon!!! I have only read the first book but its like completely different from the show. I was really surprised when i read it. Nothing is the same i don't know how they can even call the show The Vampire Diaries.

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Distinguished Correspondent
bobbles918
0 Kudos

I've never watched the show but read the first 5 books-I couldnt read anymore after that they just got way too bizzare.   I ended up liking them both but I'm more of a  team Stefan than Damon.  The only reason I even liked Damon was because in the last book I read you actually see a different side of him-like he actually has feelings & cares about other people & not just taking Elena away from his brother. 

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
bobbles918

SaraMariaa I agree 100%-Ive seen previews for the show & couldnt believe they didnt cast someone with at least blonde hair or dye the actress' hair.  I also heard from a friend that either Bonnie or Meredith arent even in the series-can't remember which one though-both are really important characters.  But the show seems to be really popular so they are obviously doing something right

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

ive read the first 4 books, and kept up with the show since it started.

the books...prolly stefan. and i was team stefan until late this season. now that ive seen a compassionate side of damon, i am leaning towards him

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
disneygirl1195

Ya, I completely agree with you guys about the differences in the books and shows. I look at both of them as separate things. I was a little mad at first on how the show was barely using the book but the show is awesome! Its very different, but so suspenseful. I agree with SaraMariaa that it really isn't based on the books thought with everything they changed about it. However, I totally recommend it as a show. It really is amazing what the writers come up with! Plus, you still see tid bits of the snarky Damon and gentle Stefan we see in the books. 

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

I think of the books and the show as completely different things.. because well they are COMPLETELY different! I am currently on the fourth book and to tell you the truth I forget most of the books because I read them over a year ago!! I plan on gettting back into them sometime... I think in the books I was more of a team Stefan girl but I was still kind of liking Damon also!!

I think the shows are amazing!! I just finished season 1 though and am waiting... impatiently for season 2 to come out on DVD!!! The suspense is killing me!! Anyways... at the very start of the show I was team Stefan through and through just because Damon was kind of evil! But as the show went on I was more Damon just for the fact that Stefan kept making stupid mistakes and little details about his not so great past came out... And then Damon actually started to care for people.. GASP!!... and he was kinda sweet and caring... but not to much! One thing that bothers me about Stefan is that sometimes he is just too nice and caring. I mean I like nice in caring people but sometimes he is just to much! And I'm also a sucker for bad boys so TEAM DAMON it is!!! =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Frequent Contributor
ThatWhatSheSaid214

Team Damon!!!

New User
Vampirelover_101
0 Kudos

I'm 100% Team Stefan!! I watch the show and and i've read book 1 and 2. Im soo sad that stefan gave himself up just so he can save his brother i hope he can come back and get Elena to be with him. I also like Damon but im Team Stefan.

Frequent Contributor
disneygirl1195
0 Kudos

@ZoeyRedbird

i agree that i was more of a stefan fan in the books. damon was just obnoxious and interfering with elena and stefan's relationship. but in the show, im a sucker (<--hahaha vamp joke:smileyvery-happy:) for damon. i know who doesn't love a bad boy??? and your gonna love damon more in the second season. if you can't wait for the dvd, go on fastpasstv.ms (don't add .com to it) and i swear its not spam or crap. i use it all the time if i miss an episode. 

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

disneygirl1195 wrote:

@ZoeyRedbird

i agree that i was more of a stefan fan in the books. damon was just obnoxious and interfering with elena and stefan's relationship. but in the show, im a sucker (<--hahaha vamp joke:smileyvery-happy:) for damon. i know who doesn't love a bad boy??? and your gonna love damon more in the second season. if you can't wait for the dvd, go on fastpasstv.ms (don't add .com to it) and i swear its not spam or crap. i use it all the time if i miss an episode. 

Haha I agree with you on everything!! =) I was watching season 1 with my friend and she likes Stefan better and I told her "Let's make a deal... you can have Stefan and I'll take Damon... okay?" Then we shook on it. Boy is she gonna regret that!!! Argghhhh I can't wait any longer! So thanks so much for the website I will be looking it up... PRONTO!! =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller