New User
SafyreNorth
0 Kudos

Re: Teen Literature

'Ello, Im 14 but Ive so many books(Not to boast but I can read 3 300-page books in approximately a week), and a wide Variety.Anything by TAMORA PEIRCE!!!

For more, uh, CLEAN books(I dont read much of these)or for a younger teen 'Click Here to see how I survived Seventh Grade' or perhaps...ok im at a loss!

Darker Teens or romantickly dark ones:
Vampire Kisses
Twilight & New Moon a& Eclipse(havent got that one yet)
Thirsty by MT Anderson this one wasnt so good though...
The Blue Girl
Blood and Chocolate(single book)
The Silver Kiss
Wicked:Witch&Curse
Midnighters
Author: HOLLY BLACK!!!
Cirque Du Freak

Fantasy Lovers(like yours truly):
(Though these are books about vamps, they're more fashion and such.) Blue Bloods
Author: Libba Bray
Water
The Bayern books by Shannon Hale
Treasure at the Heart of the Tanglewood
Siren(love story)
Faerie Wars(series of books)
Inheritance Trilogy
W.I.T.C.H.(Girl fantasy)
The Squire's Tales by...shoot...oh well!
Faeries by Isaac Asimov
Author: Jane Yolen
The Silver Wolf
The Wind on Fire Trilogy
ABARAT & ABARAT: Days of Magic, Nights of War!!!!!LOVE THESE!!
Singer of All Songs!!!!!LOVE THESE TOO
Claidi Journals
Catherine called Birdy
Septimus Heap
HARRY POTTER!
Dreamhunters Duet
Enchanted Forest Series(Calling on Dragons, Talking to Dragons...)
hhhmmm...can't think of that book...

For a growing up kind of book:
Born Confused(wierd)
W.I.T.C.H.

Ill like update my list when I think of more books...or read more! :smileyhappy: Maybe it helped?
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If I were a color,
I'd be a strange and dark blue hue.
New User
SafyreNorth
0 Kudos

Yeah the Pendragon series is a mix between growing up and Sci-Fi
Series of Unfortunate Events = Good
oohhh so many books....
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If I were a color,
becke_davis
0 Kudos

SafyreNorth wrote:
'Ello, Im 14 but Ive so many books(Not to boast but I can read 3 300-page books in approximately a week), and a wide Variety.Anything by TAMORA PEIRCE!!!

For more, uh, CLEAN books(I dont read much of these)or for a younger teen 'Click Here to see how I survived Seventh Grade' or perhaps...ok im at a loss!

Darker Teens or romantickly dark ones:
Vampire Kisses
Twilight & New Moon a& Eclipse(havent got that one yet)
Thirsty by MT Anderson this one wasnt so good though...
The Blue Girl
Blood and Chocolate(single book)
The Silver Kiss
Wicked:Witch&Curse
Midnighters
Author: HOLLY BLACK!!!
Cirque Du Freak

Fantasy Lovers(like yours truly):
(Though these are books about vamps, they're more fashion and such.) Blue Bloods
Author: Libba Bray
Water
The Bayern books by Shannon Hale
Treasure at the Heart of the Tanglewood
Siren(love story)
Faerie Wars(series of books)
Inheritance Trilogy
W.I.T.C.H.(Girl fantasy)
The Squire's Tales by...shoot...oh well!
Faeries by Isaac Asimov
Author: Jane Yolen
The Silver Wolf
The Wind on Fire Trilogy
ABARAT & ABARAT: Days of Magic, Nights of War!!!!!LOVE THESE!!
Singer of All Songs!!!!!LOVE THESE TOO
Claidi Journals
Catherine called Birdy
Septimus Heap
HARRY POTTER!
Dreamhunters Duet
Enchanted Forest Series(Calling on Dragons, Talking to Dragons...)
hhhmmm...can't think of that book...

For a growing up kind of book:
Born Confused(wierd)
W.I.T.C.H.

Ill like update my list when I think of more books...or read more! :smileyhappy: Maybe it helped?

My daughter, who is in her 20s, is a big fan of this type of book. She is reading Twilight after I told her how many people have talked about it at BN.com. She is hooked on a series by Libba Bray that starts with A Great and Terrible Beauty followed by Rebel Angels. I think there is another book that hasn't been published yet.
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Hey, just wanted to let you all know about the Libba Bray book that Becke's referring to - it's called The Sweet Far Thing and is the third book in the series. It comes out December 26th. The books are an awesome mix of fantasy, history, and romance - I highly recommend them.
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

MattW wrote:
Hey, just wanted to let you all know about the Libba Bray book that Becke's referring to - it's called The Sweet Far Thing and is the third book in the series. It comes out December 26th. The books are an awesome mix of fantasy, history, and romance - I highly recommend them.

My daughter has added the first two books to my "to be read" pile. She's almost finished with Twilight and has purchased the second one -- New Moon.

I just finished another book she had been eager for me to read: The Drowned Maiden's Hair. That would be a good book for middle school, teens or adults. Similar age group to those who might like Molly Moon -- nothing too heavy for younger readers, but enough to hold the interest of adults.
New User
SafyreNorth
0 Kudos

yes, that is what i was talking about
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If I were a color,
Contributor
Enderthexenocide
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I thought Ender's Game and the other books in the series are good. I just finished Speaker For the Dead and i loved it. Also it may not qualify as a teen book but it's not children's book. its called Stoneheart. hope it helps!

Message Edited by Enderthexenocide on 09-06-2007 10:08 PM

Message Edited by Enderthexenocide on 09-06-2007 10:17 PM
New User
bluegrl
0 Kudos

im a teen and these are my faves;
the twilight series
ironside- holly black
a certain slant of light- laura whitcomb
how i live now- megan rosof
better than running at night- hillary frank

hope you like them! -Ames
New User
GeekPrincess
0 Kudos

silverdoe93 wrote:
i read a book a while ago and cant remember what its called.

it is about a girl who makes herself ugly so her mother will love her. then she goes off to a special school and there is a teacher who gives the girls pills called beauty...

cant remember it very well, sorry.

does anybody know this book?

thanks in advance.

The book is titled Beauty and its by nancy butcher. I really enjoyed the book too. this is the link nut the picture for some reason is wrong, the actual cover is blue. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780689862359&itm=1
New User
4n6tek
0 Kudos

Try anything by Lois Lowery but you might find yourself ahead of the game by reading Giver by her as it appears on many school requires reading list. PS even though it is require by some schools it is really good along with the other 2 in the series. Margaret Haddix also writes very good books especially the Amoung series and Running Out of Time.
Frequent Contributor
Memnochx
0 Kudos

Looking for New Writters:

So yeah i've been reading young adults books for a while now.. everything from Darren Shan series and Charlie Bone .. i love series books.. but i'm having trouble finding anything else to read.. i hate waiting for the next books to come out.. so if any would like to offer some new writters that would be great.. i like scary and funny books.. just finished Eclipse which was awsome.

Hit me back..
Photobucket
Contributor
llessat
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for New Writters:

Don't Feed the Bully, the first in a series but the next one is not due for another year and a half.
Frequent Contributor
Baker
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for New Writters:

I could say a lot to this topic but I can't because I have to get off the computer maybe i'll say it all later.
Baker
Contributor
star2711
0 Kudos

What do you reccomend??

Ok I have a very big problem with reading. I read lets say alot and you may not want to read this whole list but this is what I reccomend. What do you reccomend and why????

I have got to recommend these books:

1) Viking Warrior- wonderful and rich in history but has little fantasy

2) Peter and the ShadowTheives- very funny. I mean in this book Peter toroments pirates. What could be better??

3)My brother Sam is Dead- sad but good over all

5) Edward's Eyes- touching

6)Cast two Shadows- adventure, adventure,adventure!!!
"I killed him. I killed that boy." Johnny Cade, The Outsiders, S. E. Hinton
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Re: What do you reccomend??

It seems like there a bunch of books about death & dying that have come out lately, maybe because Alice Sebold's adult book The Lovely Bones was so popular. I've recommended Elsewhere before, but more recent releases are Before I Die (which is getting a lot of great attention), Chris Crutcher's Deadline, and a cool new novel called Thirteen Reasons Why. I think it's fascinating to read about characters who are either dead or are on the brink of going to the great beyond - what about you, and why? Do you think that death makes for a "fun" topic, or is it too gruesome/bizarre?
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
New User
V-V-
0 Kudos

hi guys!!! My name is V.V. and I am like the worst bookworm ever!!! i dont read all the time because I have self-control (therefore a 4.0 GPA) lol but I have read quite a lot of books in my time. Some of my favorites include the ever famous, formidable and feared Gone With The Wind. Yes it is a great book even though its longer than the bible. Though almost half of my books are always longer than the bible...at least 2x longer. But yea don't let that stop ya!! Read it, it's great. Another book is Tears of A Tiger by Sharon Draper. This is a great book along with Give a Boy a Gun by Todd Strasser. Also, Charles Dickens may be the most well-known author ever and that may throw off you teenagers, but I garuantee you that his books are great and easy to read. Also, I don't recommend the Bronte books...Jane Eyre and Wickfield Park...they were a little boring for my taste but I do recommend the uglies Series. Thats all for now folks but I keep you guys posted.
-V.V. AKA TORNADO
Contributor
buddha_girl_17
0 Kudos

i beg to differ.

Jane Eyre is one of the best books ever. I tried Gone with the Wind, and got so sick of Scarlett, I gave the book away!
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

I'll diagree about Jane Eyre, as will many other people, but there aren't any books titled Wickfield Park that I know of nor can I find one searching www.bn.com. Do you mean Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte, or Mansfield Park by Jane Austen?

V-V- wrote:
Also, Charles Dickens may be the most well-known author ever and that may throw off you teenagers, but I garuantee you that his books are great and easy to read. Also, I don't recommend the Bronte books...Jane Eyre and Wickfield Park...they were a little boring for my taste but I do recommend the uglies Series. Thats all for now folks but I keep you guys posted.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
LibraryBoom1218
0 Kudos

hey.. i work at a library so im around books alot.. lately ive been really into non-fiction graphic novels.. such as maus (a story of the holocaust), embroderies and persepolis by marjane satrapi.. depicting her persian upbringing and their culture.. and i recently read fun home too which is a true story about a girl whose father worked at a funeral home.. this was not that good.. thought i should mention that.

i also really liked the stephanie meyers books, twilight, new moon, and eclipse

the weezie bat books by francesca lia block are good as well

but gone with the wind is my favorite ever.. if you gave up on it give it another go and skip the elaborate scenery.. thats what i did the first time i read it

i have so many more i could suggest but not enough time to type it all.. lol.
Frequent Contributor
LibraryBoom1218
0 Kudos

sunny4328 wrote:
I just finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's FABULOUS!!!!

it is fabulous! i read that in an adult book discussion and even the adults liked it.. it was really cool to discuss it and go into the symbolism of everything