Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

The Amanda Project

I just finished reading The Amanda Project: Invisble I, and I believe that after reading it, I was supposed to come here and tell you all how awesome it is... because it is (awesome, I mean)!

I like that as the story progresses, you start to learn more about each of the characters, as Callie remembers Amanda and interprets the clues she left behind, and also that the mere memory of Amanda seems to make her brave, and helps her make tough decisions.

I can't wait for the rest of the series!

The Amanda Project Book 1 

So, did any one else read it? And have you checked out the website (http://www.theamandaproject.com/)? If so, someone please explain it to me, because I went there after reading the book and was like "...What?!?!". I think the book is based on the website?

team GALE, anyone?
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Re: The Amanda Project

I just finished this book and I enjoyed it! It was different from anything I've ever read. The website is a little bit confusing...

Did you take the Totem Quiz? I'm a deer

Reader
Paiger1979
0 Kudos

Just got my copy of The Amanda Project: Invisible I, and so far I am loving it! I plan to check out the website when I finish the book, and I'll check back here when I finish reading it.
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I read a little bit so far. I decided to finish this other ARC I'm reading first though. I'm almost done and I'm really excited to read The Amanda Project!
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I'm on page 94 so far, since I've been busy with packing and stuff for school. I'm really excited to read more though. I love the drawings in the book!

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Reader 4
Munk
0 Kudos

Finished up this morning and can I just say WOW! I must say I was a little skeptical about this book because normally YA books are hit & miss with me. This one was a hit in a big way. This story is solid, well written and had me intrigued very early on in the book. The characters are amazing and I love the fact we get to see them grow and come into their own. The mystery is deep (I can't wait to solve it myself) and will keep any adult entertained while still being exciting and suspenseful enough to keep young readers engaged. It is well written and with such a light touch I will happily allow my 11 yr old to read it. I'm looking forward to book 2 and can't wait to find out more about Amanda.
Munk
Contributor
kenzizzle
0 Kudos

I got an ARC of this book too and I really enjoyed it.

For those of you that don't know, its about this girl named Callie who gets caught up in a mystery searching for her best friend "Amanda". She finds out that "Amanda" isn't really who she thought, along with Hal and Nia, two other people who thought they knew Amanda. But when Amanda turns up missing, they go on a journey to search for her while trying to find themselves as well.

It is a series, and this is only the first book, so not everything is solved in the first book. However, it does introduce you to the characters and it sets up a nice intriguing story/mystery that keeps the reader wanting to find out more. 

I will probably end up buying the second book just to see where it is going, but it wasn't one of my favorite books. The writing leaves a little to be desired, but it was good overall. I also enjoyed the art that was scattered throughout the book...it kind of added a little bit extra.

I went to the website as well and the whole "clues" section confused me. But I took the quiz and got a "Raven". I really liked the descriptions that the quiz listed ("if you were a song you would be...", etc.) 

Overall, its a really good idea for a book and I do want to keep reading to see what happens. I would give it a score of 3.5/5.

-kenzie-
Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

I have my copy of The Amanda Project and have started reading it...slowly...but when i finish I will come back to give my review.

Reader 2
WinterWrite
0 Kudos

Deleted

[ Edited ]

Contributor
Cp310
0 Kudos

I loed the book :smileyhappy: It was very catchy & hooked me in so quickly.

I already want to read the rest of the series :smileyhappy:
I would give it a 9.5 out of 10. (:

I'm at the edge of a cliff with nowhere to go, but down
-Unknown
Reader 2
WinterWrite
0 Kudos

I enjoyed this book. There is a lot of mystery and suspense. I love the idea of including readers' ideas into future books. I'm interested to see what the next book in the series is like.

Inspired Contributor
thehushsoundroxsox
0 Kudos

Wow, this seems like a cool book! Thanks!! It is now officially added to my (long) list of books!! :robotvery-happy: And I really want it now...hehe, thanks!!!! :smileyhappy:

Make every day a happy day :smileyvery-happy:
Contributor
FallingOffTheShelf
0 Kudos

I just read and reviewed this one over at my blog, Falling Off The Shelf Check out the review Here Oh, and Facepalm...the books aren't based on the site. The site is just basically a fan club for readers who enjoyed the books. I also think I read somewhere that you can give the authors ideas through the site for upcoming Amanda Project installments. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
Visit my blog for great reviews and giveaways!
http://fallingofftheshelf.blogspot.com