Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.

So, the summery for Mockingjay doesn't really give much away here... Ugh but it does make Aug 24th seem ridiculously far away.

The past few days I've just been rereading The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, and I've been trying to come up with predictions for the last book. . . . (I've also been ranting constantly to my little sister about Peeta and Gale and all that exciting stuff. But it's not much of a discussion, seeing as she could care less. I've finally gotten sick of that, so now you guys get to deal with the raving. Sorry bout that. :smileyhappy:) I'm just curious as to what everyone else thinks is going to happen in Mockingjay. Who will live, who will die, and all that good stuff. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm love Gale, so I'm kinda crossing my fingers that Katniss will end up with him... Not that Peeta's bad. But what I'm thinking is that there will be a scene nearer to the end, where Peeta saves Katniss, and in turn, looses his life. Just because that seems like the over dramatic thing that Peeta would do. And also, he's too good. He's too nice and innocent, which is why I don't think he's going to see it to the end of the trilogy.

I'm also predicting another messed up love triangle involving Gale, Madge, and Katniss. Ok, so that might be a very stupid prediction, but you know what it might just happen. Lol. In the scene after Gale is beaten in Catching Fire, when Madge brings, I think some medicine or something, Katniss becomes a bit defensive/protective of Gale. So maybe just to mess things up, Madge could be all like "I have feelings for Gale" and Katniss will be like "Um I dont think so." That could possibly be an interesting twist in the Gale Peeta Katniss triangle thing. Idk. We'll have to see.

And what about District 13? What's going on there? Or what happend to District 12 for that matter??... 

What do you guys think?  

"We could do pizza."
Contributor
maxowner
0 Kudos

Re: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay

hey fellow hunger Games lover. i love the series, i believe i read the first two book in one weekend. sooo here's what i think will happen. but first off i have to say, screw Gale, Team Peeta all the way, and your right Aug. 24th is soooo far away. i think katniss is going to be taken to district 13, where they have been plotting and growing so that they could overflow the Capital. and when Katniss brings the mockingjay thing and they take it on. Cinna (Katniss' stylist) has been working with district 13, and playing on the mockingjay theme, the dress, thats probably why he was beaten before the games. District 13 refugees are going to be hoping that Katniss will help with the overthrowing the Capital. Peeta is probabley. going to be taken from the games, along with Haymitch and anyone who was close to Peeta and Katniss, and interrogate them. when district 13 attacks Katniss will try to Help her family and friends. but instead of Peeta dying i think Gale will sacrifice himself, he love Katniss even though she doesn't return the love that much. but she might not love Peeta that much either and she ends up alone. (hopefully not) thanks for reading.
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Well I read the Hunger Games and fell in love with them and can't wait for Mockingjay! I really love both Gale and Peeta so I don't really mind who she ends up with maybe neither or them! Who knows! I think that Katniss will go to District 13 and try to make a plan of how to get Peeta from the Capital. I think Gale might be upset with her plans but still helps in the end and some of the characters like Madge and Cinna will be brought more into the book. In the end Katniss will somehow save Peeta destroy the Capital(with the help of everyone) and choose between Peeta and Gale. I think something bad will have to happen along the way to because you can't have entirely happy ending because that just seems unrealistic.

This is all just an idea and maybe Mokingjay will be completely different than this! But I know the book will be great and I just hope that there is still plenty of action and some romance!

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Scribe
JdiennoPSU

I read both books in the last 48 hours!  I could not put them down and can not wait for Mockingjay!  This trilogy has been awesome so far!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

CHASE! YOU'RE ALIVE! Yay! *does happy dance* I'm so excited for Mockingjay, it's ridiculous. I think I know what's going to happen...or at least the ending anyway. Peeta and Katniss will probably live happily ever after *insert gag here* and not to "dissapoint" Gale fans, he'll end up with Madge. Yeah. The Hunger Games are no more and somebody else is now in charge. This *points finger in direction of statement* is how pretty much any other author would do, which would be bad because I would be extremely dissapointed in the ending. I mean, how many books have you read where there WASN'T an ending like that...1, 2, 3, 4. Four. And I've read a lot of books. So this is the expected ending. Now let me tell you my preferred ending. Peeta dies (Finally!), Haymitch stays his normal, alcoholic, sarcastic self. Gale and Katniss end up together (but something happens, because I'm evil like that) and Madge doesn't matter because she is a minor character. I don't hate Peeta. He's just annoying.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
New User
aimeejoc
0 Kudos

Ok heres what/think will happen:

Katniss will have nighmares and Gale will realize that she is in love with Peeta so when Gale and others go to to the capital to rescue Peeta , Johanna, Cinna etc, Gale will lose his life saving Peeta cuz he knows that Katniss needs him. 

Haymitch will die, cuz someone major has to and it cant be Katniss and i really want Peeta to live, lol.

Of course Katniss should kill President Snow and start a new country with the help of the victors and her family.