Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games/ The Lottery

ok so i just finished The Hunger Games and its awesome and exciting.  definately a pretty powerful book. It kind of reminded me of the short story The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. They both have sort of messed up societies and practices. If you havent read it try and find it online so u know what i mean, its a short story so it wont take too long to read. 

And does anyone know when Catching Fire is coming out?

I loved the Hunger Games but it kind of scared me! :smileyhappy: lol

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Re: The Hunger Games/ The Lottery

I loved the hunger games! it's one of my fave books!

it comes out September 1st

http://www.scholastic.com/thehungergames/

go to the link to read the first chapter and suzanne collins reads the 2nd 

New User
Twichic10210
0 Kudos

I love this book(soon to be series) Oh If you liked this you'll probably like Gregor the overlander by Suzanne Collins also
-"It means Shadowhunters: Looking better in black than the widows of our enemies since 1234"
-Jace, City of Bones
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

thanks guys :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

OMG! I had to read The Lottery for a English assignment and I forgot to do it till the last minute so I ended up reading it at 10 at night! I couldn't sleep that night because it was so freaky! But it diffidently was a good story, I should have just read it sooner.:smileyhappy: But I absolutely LOVE The HUnger Games! I can't wait until the next book!
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I LOVE The Hunger Games!

I CAN'T wait for the 2nd book to come out! :smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~