Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games

*Spoiler thread for those who've not read yet* Okay for those who have read the book by Suzanne Collins lets chat about it here! Lets start with Katniss (I like her name btw) where she takes her sister's place. That takes a lot. Could you have done the same. Or would you? I could and I would have for a sis. Ask questions of your own too! Also the girl on fire. I would have freaked out when they told me I was to be on fire!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Frequent Contributor
PrincessJazz
0 Kudos

Re: The Hunger Games

I first read The Hunger Games two years ago, and re-reading it again was an absolute treat! I mean I had forgotten all about the Treaty of Treason and everything! I look forward to discussions about this spectacular novel!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
lev924
0 Kudos

same, i love the hunger games. But i forgot everything so it was awesome to reread it

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas

I finished it a week or two ago.  I didn't like it as much as I expected to, but that might be just because I'm a very OLD "teenager."  It reminded me of Ready Player One.  Also, as someone else pointed out on another thread, the premise -- teenagers forced to murder each other -- is kinda disturbing.  But I certainly didn't dislike this book either.

Holly, I know you're not GS2991 anymore, and I don't know if you have the time or energy to run this book club anymore, but I just wanted you to know -- I finally finished my homework!

Does anyone else want to read Vampire Academy next?  It seems pretty popular.  

New User
joewalt55
0 Kudos

I friggen love this book:heart:

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

I really need to read Catching Fire again before the next movie comes out! I have not read the books in like a year so I really need to reread them! The movie was super good!!!!

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
New User
cupckake
0 Kudos

Its seriously the best book series i have EVER read!

Peace love hope
Reader
Baeslay
0 Kudos

I have two brothers and I love them dearly... sometimes. If I had that much pressure on me, I'm not sure what I would do. But I would definately regret it if i didn't stand up and take their place, expecially while watching the games on live television. I'm sure, if one of my brothers started crying, I would volunteer in the heat of the moment. I don't like when people cry.
Contributor
Amazane73

[ Edited ]

The Hunger Games series is my favorite books series by far. I would not change anything in any of the books except for in Mockingly when Katniss votes for there to be a Hunger Games with the Capitol's kids. I hate this because through the whole book Katniss remains for the most part a good person She never kills someone unless out of self defense and whenever She has to think quickly on her feet She chooses the right thing to do, but when She votes yes on sending Capitol kids into an arena it is a wrong decision. It made me think way less of Katniss as a person, yes, I understand that they put her through the torture of going into an arena, but that should have been more of a reason for her to vote no. She knew what the children chosen would have to go through and She new what it would feel like. She knew the torture and She still chose for them to hold a hunger games of them. To me it shows that in the end She really was not truly a good person. I can't be the only one who noticed this.....

New User
books1o1

I read this book 3 times and every time I read it seams like the first!

PrincessJazz wrote:

I first read The Hunger Games two years ago, and re-reading it again was an absolute treat! I mean I had forgotten all about the Treaty of Treason and everything! I look forward to discussions about this spectacular novel!

New User
Mariah_777
0 Kudos

I agree with you but I wouldn't change anything in any of the books. I loved how everything came out. I think that MockingJay was actually the best book of all. I truly loved how everything played out.

New User
Dinosaur1214
0 Kudos

I think you are so right! The whole series was full of suspense and having to make decisions you never thought you would make. The first book was the best to me because the first book made you visualize the details so easily, and then to see the movie! It was completely astonishing.

New User
Yazmin-13
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins  was one of my favorite books. The book is about a young girl who is stuck between a rock in a hard place, she has the choice of saving her sister life or letting her die in the annual Hunger Games. The Hunger Games are about survival and skill. But will she take the spot in the annual Hunger Games.