Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
BooksMakeMeSmile
0 Kudos

The Kane Chronicles,Book 3:The Throne of Fire

All I can say is AH-MAZING!

I truly believe that Rick Riordan has a gift for writing.Has anyone read the book yet? Took me less than a day because it was just THAT GOOD! :smileyvery-happy:

First of all: I LOVE the characters.Theyre very endearing and realistic.Every time I finish a book by Rick Riordan I fall into a sort of daze for a few days where all I can think about is that one book and how much I wish I were in it.I love Carter and Sadie and Walt,but I REALLY love Anubis! I know he is a more minor character but I was always on the lookout for him.I really recommend this book and the one before it.Its very adventurous and kind of action packed but Im not sure how to describe it.I cant wait for the final book to come out next May!

Tell me what YOU  thought of the book if youve read it!

Decreasing worldsuck one day at a time!
Super Potterhead and Mega fan of Percy Jackson
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

Re: The Kane Chronicles,Book 3:The Throne of Fire

I read 300 pages the first day it was released and then I finished it in the morning!

(Isn't it book 2 bookworms4eva?)

Frequent Contributor
BooksMakeMeSmile
0 Kudos

woops! It is book 2! Sorry! Book 3 comes out next May

Decreasing worldsuck one day at a time!
Super Potterhead and Mega fan of Percy Jackson
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

And I got a key chain to go with it since I was one of the first to get the book.

Correspondent
padr49904
0 Kudos

I Barnes and Nobled it so I didn't get a keychain, but he is a really great writer.  He seemed to just pop out of nowhere with The Lightning Thief and has been doing great ever since.  It was a while since I read the first one but it wasn't hard to follow what was happening and it was a great sequal, I hope he never has anyone ghost write one of his books because he is just so great of writer.

New User
Solista
0 Kudos

I feel the exact same way!