Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

Re: The Luxe Movie

Daren Kagasoff doesnt seem old enough to play henry to me

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

17 again

was terrible

hairspray i loved that but

his part was that difficult or important

New User
volleychik992
0 Kudos

Henry Schoonmaker-- SUCH A HARD PART TO FILL. But I think Zac Efron, given his newfound talent, could pull it off. Although someone without the past Disney ties would be preferable.

Jessica Stroup as Penelope Hayes (I agree) Megan Fox COULD do it, but she'd have to work on being more, ahem, socially acceptable.

Emelie de Ravin as Elizabeth Holland

An unknown as Diana Holland

Kimberley Nixon as Carolina Broud

Henry Cavill as Grayson Hayes

James McAvoy as Will Keller (I agree)

Anna Kendrick as Isabella Hayes

Jamie Bell as Teddy Cutting

I think Jessica Stroup would make a great Penelope... but I think the rest of the cast should probably steer clear of the 90210/Gossip Girl Cast... The Luxe is a very different series.

Look them up and tell me if you agree!

Teddy Cutting was the one I always loved in the series, always been my favorite.

Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

James McAvoy as Will...yuuuummmmmm! Lol but....sadly...I don't think so. Isn't Will supposed to be a tanned guy lol? That's always how I saw him I guess...But if it's possible...HEEEECKKKK yeah! lol

Frequent Contributor
KateBrianIsAwesome
0 Kudos

That seems to be a good list for the cast. I have not read the Luxe series but it would be cool to have all of them play a part in the movie.

Reading can only make you more happy and smarter. :smileyhappy:

Visit my blog at http://teenbibliophile.blogspot.com/

- Mallory
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I wish the girls on the cover of the books could be the actors. They are PERFECT.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

I agree they would loookkkk perfect, but I don't think they can act since they're probably just models. Not that models can't act mind you, I'm just saying.

New User
Abby123
0 Kudos

I don't think that the models on the cover fit the parts that well. If I were to creat a cast I would choose:

Elizabeth Holland- Keira Knightley

Diana Holland- Emma Watson

Penelope Hayes- Rachel McAdams

Lina- Sarah Bolger

Henry Schoonmaker- Alex Pettyfer

Will Keller- James McAvoy

Leland- Asher Book

Mrs. Schoonmaker- Anna Kendrick

"Buckie"- Ed Westwicke

Claire Broud- Anne Hathaway

Teddy Cutting- An Unknown

Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

I was thinking of Keira Knightley when I read Elizabeth's part. Of course she'd have to go blonde....and I don't think I've seen Keira pull off a good blonde....maybe the one who played Rose from Titanic..? Gah I'm blanking on her name...anyway! Rachel McAdams would be perfect for Penelope! She does remind me of her, though not quite as coniving but she could do it lol. I think Anne Hathaway would be good for any of the characters, maybe even Diana?

New User
wenn101
0 Kudos

My cast list would be

Elizabeth holland: Kirsten dunst

Henry schoonmaker: chad michael murray

Diana Holland: rachel mcadams (she is not a bad girl type)

Penelope Hayes: unknown i kinda agree with meagan fox though

Teddy Cutting: Chase Collins

Carolina "lina" Broad: unknown

I absolutly love these books! and agree they would make great movies but you really cant replace these characters with actors. it just wouldnt be right...

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

kate winslet?

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

Yes! That's her. I knew who it was just couldn't get the last name lol. She would be good.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

No offence, but shouldnt everyone be played by teenagers (with the exception of the guys). I mean it wouldnt be very realistic to me if everyone who plays in the movie is in they're mid-twenties.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

I do agree with you, but in reality....most "teen" actors and actresses are played by adults. Not teens. Why? Because adults can work longer hours than teens can, they can do more "raunchy" scenes legally, and they're more capable to act out certain emotions than teens. Plus adults are more professional in the long run and won't get caught up in the drama. For example Glee. The actors that play the high schoolers are actually in their early to late- twentie's. High School Musical also, by the third one they're all 19 or 20, not in high school ages. That's just the way Hollywood rolls...but yes, teenage or at least 18 year olds shouulld play as the characters.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Yeah, that is true. Chad Michael Murrey, Rachel McAdams and Megan Fox were like my big comcerns. Last time I checked Chad was in his late 20s. Rachel does not at all look like a teenager. Megan just looks like her age. Not Penelope's. And so I stick to what I said before "It would be awesome if the people on the covers could play the parts" and by that I mean if they could act.

New User
kdouglas
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

What about Rose Mciver as Elizabeth Holland?

And maybe even india Eisley as Diana Holland?

Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

In my mind the characters aren't even teenagers. They don't act like teenagers but young adults, esp. since Henry is 20-21. Chad doesn't seem...mature enough or old money looky you know? He just doesn't have the face to be Henry....Rachel McAdams could very easily play Penelope in my mind. Or Diana. Either way she'd be great!

New User
I_LOVE_TIGERS
0 Kudos

i totally agree with you

but they would need at least one known actor or else the movie might not sell well

New User
k10harp
0 Kudos

Sara Paxton -Elizabeth Holland

Drew Seeley -Henry

Rachel McAdams -Penelope

Jermey Sumpter -teddy

Jim Sturgess -Will

Shailene Woodley -Diana

Anna Kendrick -Mrs.Scrhoonmaker

Meryl Streep- Mrs. Holland

Emma Stone- Lina

Anne Hathaway- Clarie

these ones are PERFECT TOO MEE!! :]

New User
envy-diana
0 Kudos

r they really going to  make a movie????????