Frequent Contributor
michaela27

The Maze Runner- James Dashner

Has anyone else read this book? And did you think it was amazing like I did? I loved this book.  Obviously it was completely different from The Hunger Games, but it reminded me of that book in a lot of ways too. they had the same sort of suspense. What does everyone else think about it?

Scribe
redheart52

Re: The Maze Runner- James Dashner

Im on like chapter 7 right now. I will definatly reply again when i finish it. I can't wait. Its very suspenseful so far. Oh...and its going to be a series right?

New User
Madzi

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!! I loved it soooooo much! It was so full of suspense! And yes it is going to be a series. I think that the next one comes out next year....? But if you liked this book and the Hunger Games then you would love the books by Michael Grant! The first one is called Gone, And the second is Hunger! My most favorite books!

~best friends isn't a label, its a promise. :smileyhappy:

*Life sucks, and then you die. Hopefully i will be that lucky.*
Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31

Since  I ve read good reviews next time I go to B&N I'm gonna try and get it, adding it to my list as I write lol. Thanks for the recommendation.

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Frequent Contributor
KateBrianIsAwesome

I actually read the Maze Runner before I read the Hunger Games. So while reading the Hunger Games I was thinking the book reminded me of the Maze Runner. I love both books though and cannot wait to read the rest of the books in their series.

Reading can only make you more happy and smarter. :smileyhappy:

Visit my blog at http://teenbibliophile.blogspot.com/

- Mallory
Reader
jurentie

Yes I just read the maze runner and I loved it so much yes i think its very similar to the hunger games but I think that's what you could say about any great action packed book I thought the ending was kind of weird but the book was excellent the ending also made me really sad and I just can't wait to talk about the book so I looked for this so reply please so I can talk about the book
Distinguished Correspondent
salander_9277

yep I really enjoyed this book and it's sequel as well.  I am looking forward to the end of the trilogy coming out next Fall.

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. ~W. Somerset Maugham

http://greatexpectationsbookreview.blogspot.com
Reader
jurentie

I just started the sequel and so far I'm really enjoying it btw I like tht quote
Reader
HollyJane

Oh i loved it!  i read it in two days it was so good!  i thought the ending was epic and something i wasn't expecting so i'm ready to get the second (which ive ordered :smileytongue:). for a new author James Dashner is great :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

I read the book the Hunger Games  about a year ago and have LOVED it ever since. I also read Graceling. every time I saw it on b&n Com it showed the Maze runner as its number 1 pick for me. I finally broke down and got it and I loved it!!!!!! The writing was great and the story was excellent. Anybody would love it!!!  i hope this book goes the way of the Hunger Games!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

I just finished The Death Cure and I absolutly hated it! The end was one of the worst endings I've ever read! 

The end could have been a thousand times better!!  The end came with no build up or sense of conculsion just BOOM! done.

This was one of the worst books I've ever read.

Three thumbs Down...:smileysad:

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Correspondent
Reader2011AB
0 Kudos

I loved this book! I wasn't sure if I would when I first started reading it but I'm so glad I stuck with it. I just ordered The Death Cure yesterday

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

HungerGamesPerson wrote:

This was one of the worst books I've ever read.

I won't go this far about The Death Cure, but it was seriously disappointing compared to The Maze Runner and even The Scorch Trials.

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Yeah it defiantly did not live up to the standards of The Maze Runner...

But then again, what book could?

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi