Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz

The Mortal Instruments!!!!!!!!

Ok I found out today that there will be a total of six books in the Mortal Instruments series. The last two after City of Fallen Angels are City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire. I saw it on her website. Im so excited!!!!

What do you guys think about it?

"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Re: The Mortal Instruments!!!!!!!!

I think this is classic YA author behavior. YA authors always seem to sign on with publishers to make a trilogy (only THREE books) then all of a sudden that trilogy turns into more books and even more books. Authors need to learn when to call it quits with some series. I'm not bashing The Mortal Instruments series I'm just saying that all YA series are getting out of control. Most of the time once book 5 or 6 comes out the story is losing a lot of its value and the author is just writing to write. If the author can make all the books in the series rock and not fade over time then they earn my respect and praise but a lot of series just fall apart as the time goes on and the story drags on and on.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

im excited that there are more books. cant wait to see what theyre about...

and i hope it doesnt turn out to be a long drug out series that was fantastic as a trilogy but deteriotes with every passing book like lexa555 said

...and i hope theres a lot of jace and clary in it! and magnus....

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

Im pretty sure the rest of the books will be great. She is a great author.

"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
Correspondent
MilkshakeLMS
0 Kudos

If it ends up being a draged out series then i will probably stop reading it.  I hate when authors do that. Its like will you get to the point already?!?!?!?!

Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

MilkshakeLMS wrote:

If it ends up being a draged out series then i will probably stop reading it.  I hate when authors do that. Its like will you get to the point already?!?!?!?!

I hate to say this but they are thinking about making it into a movie. I dont want that to happen. They are just gonna ruin it.

Correspondent
Book_Girl14
0 Kudos

I am excited about the books coming out! I hope they are good.....I was ok the way the last book ended. But I will definitely read them and I really hope they make the movie!!!

Frequent Contributor
Tabithia_Storm
0 Kudos

SIX BOOKS?

Oh my gosh I didn't know :smileyvery-happy:

i soo can't wait!

i also can't wait for Plague to come out in April. Sam is sooo cute!

I'll never be what you want
I wouldn't change any part of me.
Never Be What You Want- We Are The In Crowd
Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

Tabithia_Storm wrote:

SIX BOOKS?

Oh my gosh I didn't know :smileyvery-happy:

i soo can't wait!

i also can't wait for Plague to come out in April. Sam is sooo cute!

Yeah, check it out for yourself

http://cassandraclare.com/cms/home

New User
MommaJTorres
0 Kudos

Hello All!  I am new to nook but wanted to comment.  I have read the city of books and just LOVED them.  Cant wait for more.  I am thoroughly addicted to any books along these lines.  Patricia Briggs is good, Alyson Noel, Stephanie Meyer, PC Cast....anyone know of other good ones?  Next on my list is the third book in the Immortals line By Alyson Noel just have to save up to get it!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

MommaJTorres wrote:

Hello All!  I am new to nook but wanted to comment.  I have read the city of books and just LOVED them.  Cant wait for more.  I am thoroughly addicted to any books along these lines.  Patricia Briggs is good, Alyson Noel, Stephanie Meyer, PC Cast....anyone know of other good ones?  Next on my list is the third book in the Immortals line By Alyson Noel just have to save up to get it!

If you are new to the nook and ever need any help or want to chat specifically about the nook there are a few threads made for that. Here is the link... nook general discussion thread

As far as suggestions go. I have a thread called The Ultimate Book Recommendation List. Please check out the bottom of page 5 and the top of page 6 for the offical list. Trust me there will be plenty of good books listed on there. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
tas1396
0 Kudos

I really love the mortal instruments series I wouldn't mind if they made it into a movie but they better do a good job on it. I hate when they make a movie from a book and they change it sooo much its stupid!! I can't wait for the next ones to come out hope they r just as good!!

TAS1396
Contributor
tas1396
0 Kudos

i was thinking about gettin the nook is it worth it? i also like the immortal series there really good! can't wait for night star to come out. i also like the vampire academy books, im just waitin for last sacrifice to come out. the other series im wating for are house of night(awakend), Maximum Ride(Angel), night world(strange fate) and a bunch others lol. have any other good series?? oh and the book series Thirst is a good one to check out its another vampire series but its still good!

TAS1396
Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

tas1396 wrote:

i was thinking about gettin the nook is it worth it? i also like the immortal series there really good! can't wait for night star to come out. i also like the vampire academy books, im just waitin for last sacrifice to come out. the other series im wating for are house of night(awakend), Maximum Ride(Angel), night world(strange fate) and a bunch others lol. have any other good series?? oh and the book series Thirst is a good one to check out its another vampire series but its still good!

I have yet to read Burned. I hope its good. The one before surprised me. Poor Heath :smileysad:

Contributor
Nooky15243
0 Kudos

Im guessing that about the comments, its a good series? Could you write a quick review? By the way, im a boy, so i wanna know if its a "boy" book.

~Daniel Yi~

Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

Nooky15243 wrote:

Im guessing that about the comments, its a good series? Could you write a quick review? By the way, im a boy, so i wanna know if its a "boy" book.

~Daniel Yi~

Its awesome!!!!!!!!!! Yeah u can read it. It goes both ways lol. Trust me u will love it. I'll write the review on the back of the book.

When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons- and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twetnty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappeared and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the sight? The shadowhunters would like to know..............

Contributor
lolbookwormlol
0 Kudos

I totaly agree that sometimes authors need to say stop. I mean we all can't follow eight different story lines that go on for years. I would say everyone should have one or two series they are willing to follow to the end. For me it's Blue Bloods and The Mortal Instruments. But I hate it when stories drag on and on over like six books when they could have made three action packed amazing books.

Contributor
lolbookwormlol
0 Kudos

I agree with Sailor_Bonz if/when they make the movie i'm refusing to watch it. The movie will totaly ruin the book like every movie based on a book I've ever seen.

Contributor
Nooky15243
0 Kudos

Haha, thanks alot, im gonna go BUY,IT,NOW! Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

~Daniel Yi~<-----(force of habit)

Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

Nooky15243 wrote:

Haha, thanks alot, im gonna go BUY,IT,NOW! Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

~Daniel Yi~<-----(force of habit)

No problem! Let me kno what u think when yur done