Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Bellasmommy13
0 Kudos

The Night World

Has anyone read the night world books? I'm reading the first one and it ok but it seems like it rushes through things and doesnt go into much detail. I guess im just used to Stephenie Meyers writing style. what do you guys think?
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Re: The Night World

The Night World series is great! I've read them all and they get MUCH better in the second and third volumes!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

i have also read all of them and they get so much better and i think u should keep going  i didnt like the 1st either and just so you kno these were made long before this twilight thing and i like how they all have different characters ut they all intertwine to create one scenario and i also like how they shapeshifters,witches in addition to the vampire werewolves

and i dnt kno if u like classics but i alwayz reccomend to any girl who likes romance jane eyre by charlotte bronte

New User
GillianHeegerashi
0 Kudos

This Idea you have about the Night World Series is Very unrealistic because Stephenie Meyer or watever her name is has such hectic writing that I can't even keep my place in any of her books not to mention that night worl does not rush or take forever to get to a point and It has a great combination and balance of horror, suspence, drama, love, and action. It is the book that I would and will recomend to everyone I know hope you choose to read all of the Night Wiorld series to see what I mean.

New User
GillianHeegerashi
0 Kudos

You have a point there but I like the entire series and yes you are so right about everything you are saying.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

I Love the Night World Series... it was one of the first that I read after twilight and IMO I thought it was better, it didnt stick to one set of ppl and even though each book is different from eachother they all blend together nicely... I am still waiting for the final book! I believe it comes out in june.

Frequent Contributor
zera17
0 Kudos

I am in love with L.J. Smith so of course I am going to tell you these books are amazing.. I will tell you however that the first story wasn't my favorite but it is still great... I think if you keep reading and pull through you will probably find that you like it very much.. Hope this helps.... Also read the Secret Circle series by L.J. Smith on of my favorites.

Photobucket
Frequent Contributor
so_death_bye
0 Kudos

OK. I download the first chapter of the book

off of bn.

What I finished reading and got the book.

I was like what the f**k u can't leave me on

a cliff hanger like that. I go over it kept reading

waiting for the 10 chapter/ book.

I guess that what I like it's different.

Dark Visions 

try this book its good. And it even takes u

to forks. I was tripping over that

part. It's no twilight, but on from that

book and expand

your knowledge of books.

to someting better

What's Montague? It is nor hand nor foot,
Nor arm nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O be some other name!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet