Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
missash

Re: The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

This is a new author I heard about because she is getting a lot of buzz on Twitter. There are several reviews on different websites and everyone says that it is great.

Meant to Be

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Meant-to-Be/Tiffany-King/e/2940012277657

Contributor
SayrahB
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
bamfan20

HAHA kinda LOVE that Ive read more than half of these books! But I still have a long ways to go....looking forward to future readings! Thanks for posting all the great books everyone!!

Distinguished Correspondent
bookluvr11

The Karma Club  

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Where the Truth Lies  

Go Figure  

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Sing Me to Sleep  

Reality Chick  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

[ Edited ]

1. Hunger Games

2. Eragon

3. Harry Potter

I'm pretty sure none of these are considered kid books.

I also like Riordan books.

bookluvr11

All You Get Is Me  

The Breakup Bible  

bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Beautiful  

Very inspirational book!

bobbles918

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: NOOKbook Cover

Finnikin of the Rock is one of my favorties-such a good story!  Full of mystery, fantasy, some action and of course romance.

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Reader
RockyWhoreEr

[ Edited ]

Jane

Good adaptation of Jane Eyre. The middle was a just a bit slow (and annoying), but the beginning and ending were amazing.

bookluvr11
0 Kudos

There's No Place Like Home (Secrets of My Hollywood Life Series #6)  

New User
Ninomiya

OMG! I love Kelly Armstrong's novels! Did you start reading her lastest book? The Gathering?

Frequent Contributor
ThatWhatSheSaid214

you should read ..

bookluvr11
0 Kudos

The Sky Is Everywhere  

bookluvr11

Prom and Prejudice 

i read this book in 2 hours last night. it was a quick, fun read.

Scribe
JdiennoPSU

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan for anyone who is into fantasy.  This is an epic fantasy series with one more book coming out sometime next year.  Each novel is 1000+ pages so this series is for someone who is an avid reader and looking to read a series that will last them a while.  The first book is:

The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time Series #1)  

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
New User
Triple-B-Book-Club

[ Edited ]

For those who are YA Fantasy Fiction lovers I suggest Journey into the Realm: The Elf Girl by Markelle Grabo.  Markelle is 17 years old and her novel was just published in April.  You can check her out at www.markellegrabo.com and read the first chapter and see the book trailer.  Once you are hooked you can purchase a copy from barnesandnoble.com.  This is the first book in the 6 book series.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt

Although I rated this book as three stars, I nonetheless believe that the majority of people who enjoyed the earlier Mortal Instruments books will also enjoy 

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments Series #4).  Here's a copy of my reader review:

OK But No Thrill Ride

This book is easy to read and mildly entertaining, but it isn't the thrill ride of the previous books. At times the characters' behaviors, decisions and reactions seem juvenile and/or filled with too much teenage angst. The narrative completely lacks a central story arc until the primary characters confront a largely unknown villain during the story's climax. That climax has some action, but the action is sporadic and is subordinated to the internal thoughts and reactions of Simon and Clary. As a result the climax simply isn't exciting enough. The story basically concerns personal problems being experienced by the main characters, and the POV has a tendency to abruptly switch from one character to another. Simon is elevated to a main character, and the book primarily revolves around his 'vampire' issues and troubles in the romantic relationship between Clary and Jace. Simon's issues and the romantic travails of Clary and Jace just aren't as compelling as the intense emotional conflict/turmoil of the earlier Mortal Instruments books. I didn't feel any urgent need to know what comes next, and many times I shook my head at the juvenile lack of communication and understanding exhibited by the characters. Despite the above, the book did continue the world of Shadowhunters, Downworlders and Demons in an interesting way. Further, the story did pick-up as the book neared completion. As a result, I have rated the book as three stars. It has flaws; but, if you loved the earlier Mortal Instruments books, you'll probably enjoy this one.

bookluvr11

Kissed by an Angel Trilogy (Kissed by an Angel Series)