Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
LZT94
0 Kudos

Re: The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

Wavering  Add 'Wavering' by Virginia Frazier to your list. It's a fast read with a well-developed plot. I've already read it several times. It was that good. Much better than some of the other YA books out there.

You also might want to try something by Libba Bray if you like a little sci fi.

Distinguished Correspondent
bookluvr11
0 Kudos

The Song Reader  

Waves  

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto
0 Kudos

I'll add The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver.

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.
bookluvr11

I'll Be There  

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
New User
Enyae
0 Kudos

What a great selection of books! 

Another great series out there is the Uglies series. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/uglies-scott-westerfeld/1018150081?ean=9781442419810&itm=1&usri=ugli...

Unwind by Neal Shusterman is also a must read!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/unwind-neal-shusterman/1100329384?ean=9781416912057&itm=1&usri=unwin...

Other books that youv'e mentioned that I also recommend: The Hunger Games, Gone series, Kissed By An Angel, The Heir trilogy. 

bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Girl at Sea  

New User
KelseyJulia

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt

See below my reader review of The Rift Walker. IMO, this book is more adventurous, unpredictable and emotionally satisfying than The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire, Book 1), but this story isn't as epic, vivid and/or poignant as the first book. Overall, this second installment is a wonderful pulp adventure continuation of the first book.

Action, Adventure and Romance

Your Customer Rating:   (Five Stars) See Detailed Ratings

Cover Image

From the chemically lighted streets of a culturally diverse Alexandria to the misty mountains of Eastern Africa, this second installment in the Vampire Empire trilogy thrums with vibrant adventure. This book delivers heart-thumping exploits, action-packed conflict, mysterious magic, treacherous betrayals, cunning intrigue, unpredictable twists and endearing romance.

Multiple story lines deliver an epic adventure story of an alternate earth divided between predatory vampire clans in a ravaged north and steampunk powered human civilization within the Equatorial region. The main story lines follow the experiences of Princess Adele, heir to the Equitorian Empire, and the Greyfriar, a legendary masked hero who fights a one-man war against vampires in Northern Europe. Additional threads follow supporting characters including the experiences of Adele's enigmatic tutor, Mamoru, and the efforts of Adele's steadfast protector, Colonel Anhalt. The blustering thoughts and actions of Senator Clark and the intrigue of the heir apparent to the British vampire throne, Cesare, also enhance the narrative. 

The story picks up three months after Adele and Greyfriar parted within the sky over Scotland. Returned to Equitoria, Adele is avoiding her marriage to the American Senator Clark, but her delay threatens the American alliance as well as the chance for victory in the impending war against the vampire clans. Although she detests Senator Clark and hates his genocidal plan to starve the vampires by fire bombing the remaining humans in northern Europe, she accedes to her father's wishes and agrees to a short date for the wedding ceremony. Meanwhile, the Greyfriar is realizing the futility of his singular efforts to protect the devastated human villages of Northern Europe. Feigning indifference to Cesare's leadership claim, the Greyfriar becomes aware that his brother has cultivated human agents within Equitoria and plans to assassinate Adele and Senator Clark during their marriage ceremony. From that point the story takes off and spins a sweeping tale of action, adventure and sweet romance. 

Adele and the Greyfriar face danger together and apart as the story ranges from Alexandria to Egyptian ruins along the Nile to the lush African interior. Adele's resolve and fortitude grow exponentially as the result of her experiences and the Greyfriar's unconditional love. In addition, Adele's dormant magical power erupts into an uncontrolled wave of death for any vampire unlucky enough to be caught within the blast radius. Meanwhile, treachery and surprise revelations cause reversals of fortune for the Equitorian Empire and, eventually, Adele and the Greyfriar.
In many ways this second book is devoted to advancing Adele's character; but, while doing so, the book entertains with a wonderfully realized pulp adventure set within an expansive alternate world setting. I highly recommend this book to all fans of romantic epic adventure fantasy, anyone interested in pulp action with steampunk details and all vampire genre enthusiasts interested in an intriguing conflict that pits cunning and vicious vampires against surviving human civilizations.
Inspired Contributor
I_read_books

bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #3)  

Contributor
BestsellingCriminologist
0 Kudos

R. Barri Flowers' Books:

CHRISTMAS WISHES   Ghost Girl in Shadow Bay   Danger in Time    

Devon Vaughn Archer Books:

Her Teen Dream 

R. Barri Flowers
Bestselling Author of MURDER IN MAUI and DARK STREETS OF WHITECHAPEL
Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

I loved it!!

The Hidden (Hollow Trilogy Series #3)  

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
New User
dcsoccercrazy
0 Kudos

There is a fifth Starcatchers series book. It's called Bridge to Never Land. 

bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry Series #3)  

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

Betrayals (Strange Angels Series #2)  

New User
Sadie-Que
0 Kudos

Hey,

I guess I'm a newbie... anyway, I just finished an awesome series: The Hunger Games Trilogy.  ( loved it :smileyvery-happy:  

Right now, I'm reading Lock and Key.  So far it's pretty good.  :smileywink:   

Hope you enjoy these books if you need something to read!!!

P.S.  I recommend Jodi Picoult books :smileyhappy:

bookluvr11
0 Kudos

What Happened to Goodbye  

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

Vanish (Firelight Series)  

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

Hades  

bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Between