Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

So I know that someone tried to create one of these a month or so ago and it didn't work but I'm going to try again in the effort to eliminate all of the book suggestion/recommendation threads we have. My hope is that anyone who is ever in need of a book suggestion/recommendation or anyone who really enjoyed a book and would like to recommmend it that this thread will be their place to do just that.

To get the thread started I am going to post links to a ton of popular teen books, please feel free to add to the list or ask a question about a book at any time.

Sarah Dessen Books:

Just Listen  Lock and Key  Dreamland  The Truth about Forever  Along for the Ride  This Lullaby  Someone Like You  That Summer  Keeping the Moon  

House of Night Series:

Marked (House of Night Series #1)  Betrayed (House of Night Series #2)  Chosen (House of Night Series #3)  Untamed (House of Night Series #4)  Hunted (House of Night Series #5)  Tempted (House of Night Series #6)  Burned (House of Night Series #7)  

The Hunger Games Series:

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)  Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)  Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)  

The Private Series/ Additional Kate Brian Books/ The Privilege Series:

Private (Private Series #1)  Invitation Only (Private Series #2)  Untouchable (Private Series #3)  Confessions (Private Series #4)  Inner Circle (Private Series #5)  Legacy (Private Series #6)  Ambition (Private Series #7)  Revelation (Private Series #8)  Paradise Lost (Private Series #9)  Suspicion (Private Series #10)  Scandal (Private Series #11)  Last Christmas  Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys  Sweet 16  Lucky T  Fake Boyfriend  The Princess and the Pauper  Privilege (Privilege Series #1)  Beautiful Disaster (Privilege Series #2)  Perfect Mistake (Privilege Series #3)  

Elizabeth Chandler Books:

Kissed by an Angel Trilogy (Kissed by an Angel Series)  Summer in the City  Dark Secrets 1  Dark Secrets 2  

The Inheritance Cycle Series:

Eragon (Inheritance Cycle #1)  Eldest (Inheritance Cycle #2)  Brisingr (Inheritance Cycle #3) 

The Mortal Instruments Series/Other books by Cassandra Clare:

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1)  City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series #2)  City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments Series #3)  Clockwork Angel  

Ellen Hopkins Books: (sorry I don't know if there is a specific order to her books)

Impulse  Crank  Burned  Glass  Fallout  Identical  Tricks  

Lauren Kate Books:

Fallen  Torment  

Becca Fitzpatrick's Book:

Hush, Hush  

Tamora Pierce's Tortall Series: (each series can stand on its own but the timeline will follow the order that I have posted for the whole huge series)

Alanna  In the Hand of the Goddess (Song of the Lionness Series #2)  The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness Series #3)  Lioness Rampant (Song of the Lioness Series #4)  Wild Magic (The Immortals Series #1)  Wolf-Speaker (The Immortals Series #2)  Emperor Mage (The Immortals Series #3)  Realms of the Gods (The Immortals Series #4)  First Test (Protector of the Small Series #1)  Page (Protector of the Small Series #2)  Squire (Protector of the Small Series #3)  Lady Knight (Protector of the Small Series #4)  Trickster's Choice (Daughters of the Lioness Series #1)  Trickster's Queen (Daughters of the Lioness Series #2)  Terrier (Beka Cooper Series #1)  Bloodhound (Beka Cooper Series #2)  

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series:

The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1)  The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #2)  The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #3)  The Necromancer (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #4)  

Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series:

Here, There Be Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #1)  The Search for the Red Dragon (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #2)  The Indigo King (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #3)  The Shadow Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #4)  

The Blue Blood Series:

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods Series #1)  Masquerade (Blue Bloods Series #2)  Revelations (Blue Bloods Series #3)  Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods Series #4)  

The Vampire Diaries Series/ The Secret Cirlce Series/ The Nightworld Series:

The Vampire Diaries #1-2  The Vampire Diaries #3-4  Nightfall (Vampire Diaries  Shadow Souls (Vampire Diaries  The Initiation and The Captive (Part 1) (Secret Circle Series #1-2)  The Captive (Part 2) and The Power (Secret Circle Series #2-3)  Night World #1-3  Night World #4-6  Night World #7-9  Strange Fate (Night World Series #10)  

The Vampire Academy Series:

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy Series #1)  Frostbite (Vampire Academy Series #2)  Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy Series #3), Vol. 3  Blood Promise (Vampire Academy Series #4)  Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy Series #5)  

Simone Elkeles' Series:

Perfect Chemistry  Rules of Attraction  

The Evernight Series:

Evernight (Evernight Series #1)  Stargazer (Evernight Series #2)  Hourglass (Evernight Series #3)  

The Shiver Series:

Shiver  Linger  

The Vampire Kisses Series:

Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses Series #1)  Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses Series #2)  Vampireville (Vampire Kisses Series #3)  Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses Series #4)  The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses Series #5)  Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses Series #6)  Vampire Kisses 7  

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Re: The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

Sorry it cut me off here is the rest of the list...

Catherine Fisher's Book:

Incarceron  

James Dashner's Book:

The Maze Runner  

The Wake Trilogy

Wake (Wake Trilogy Series #1)  Fade (Wake Trilogy Series #2)  Gone (Wake Trilogy Series #3)  

The Gone Series:

Gone (Gone Series #1)  Hunger (Gone Series #2)  Lies (Gone Series #3)  

The Heir Series/ A Seven Realms Series

The Warrior Heir (Heir Series #1)  The Wizard Heir (Heir Series #2)  The Dragon Heir (Heir Series #3)  The Demon King  The Exiled Queen  

Susane Colasanti's Books:

When It Happens  Take Me There  Waiting for You  Something Like Fate 

Percy Jackson Series:

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)  The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #2)  The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #3)  The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #4), Vol. 4  The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #5)   

James Patterson's Maximum Ride Series and additional books:

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride Series #1)  School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride Series #2)  Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride Series #3)  The Final Warning (Maximum Ride Series #4)  MAX (Maximum Ride Series #5)  FANG (Maximum Ride Series #6)  Witch and Wizard  

I have not read all of these books but I have read a good majority of them and have heard good things about several of the other books. Please add books, ask questions and enjoy!

Pages of Forbidden Love
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL

Wow what a great amount and super selection of books!! I hope people appreciate your effort, you didn't have to do all of this, but you did and I hope people actually use this, because it seems to make things a lot easier and much more sense, so guys feel free to ask your questions and add your books, Thanks Alexa! :smileyhappy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

[ Edited ]
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Blue- Thanks for all the praise..It did take over an hour to put that whole list together so I do hope people use this thread. Lol at least people can't claim to have nothing to read with all those books.

Lexie-Thank you also for the praise. I'm hoping all my hard work will pay off and that this thread will help the people on the board. Also thank you for adding to the list I have not read any of the books you suggested but I have heard good things about them. :smileyvery-happy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Fairydust-Thank you for adding to the list. I've read some of the Pellinor Series before and have Libba Bray's books on my TBR list. Also I own the first book to the Looking Glass Wars Series but have not gotten the chance to read it yet. Thank you for the praise on the idea but I can't take full credit for the idea. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader

[ Edited ]

maybe if you send a message to agnijay or Paul_Hochman (the mods) they can put this at the top of the thread. they have one like this in the fantasy or paranormal boards. that way it will always be at the top and no one will need to create a "I need books" post

ohh yeah I forgot to add, GREAT LIST!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Spunkiireader-thanks for the compliment. Also I do talk to some of the Mods so I have already thought about asking them for help or maybe even getting a new reader-moderator to help out the teen boards. The teen boards have great freedom but sometimes it is a little bit out of control with so many duplicate posts. I don't want to complain to the Mods and get the teen boards restricted at all I'm just trying to help out the boards in my own way. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Rules of Attraction

FYI for anyone who read perfect chemistry the sequel is coming out in a week!

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
b00kwerm

YAY!!!

Thanks for posting that! I have been waiting for the sequel. Super excited now.

BTW great list!!! =]

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thank you and I just had to post it I read Perfect Chemistry last month and loved it..read it in about two days. I'm excited for the sequel..do you think she will also make a third book on the youngest Fuentes brother?

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader

hey look I figured out how to move this thread to the top of the board! so now all the newbies can see it or just anyone who needs new books!

Correspondent
b00kwerm

Lexa555 wrote:

do you think she will also make a third book on the youngest Fuentes brother?

I don't know... But I hope so! =]

Isn't the youngest a good guy though so there wouldn't be as much violence or trouble. It may actually be boring. But what do I know? lol

I would still totally read it.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

SpunkiiReader wrote:

hey look I figured out how to move this thread to the top of the board! so now all the newbies can see it or just anyone who needs new books!

How do you move it to the top for the board that is the darker grey? I thought you needed a moderator to do that for you?

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

b00kwerm wrote:

Lexa555 wrote:

do you think she will also make a third book on the youngest Fuentes brother?

I don't know... But I hope so! =]

Isn't the youngest a good guy though so there wouldn't be as much violence or trouble. It may actually be boring. But what do I know? lol

I would still totally read it.

Well maybe the Fuentes males grow into the whole bad boy thing...the youngest brother was still pretty young so maybe he will need to also find that right girl. I hope so because I'm certainly addicted to this story line. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
b00kwerm

Yea I can see that happening. Those Fuentes boys cannot avoid Fate.... =]

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader

Lexa555 wrote:

SpunkiiReader wrote:

How do you move it to the top for the board that is the darker grey? I thought you needed a moderator to do that for you?

when you open the thread, at the top there is a drop down menu for thread options, the option that says flot thread to top. yeah I thought only the mods could do it also, but I was just playing around with it and saw it so I clicked it and it went to the top...

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww

hey sorry I wasn't able to get on. BarnesandNoble won't let me log on at times. So again sorry. and the one I was creating I was trying to make it all one big post but it wouldn't let me edit my first post. So darn xD But yea I love this xD I'll be sure to get some books up for ya xD

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

SpunkiiReader wrote:

Lexa555 wrote:

SpunkiiReader wrote:

when you open the thread, at the top there is a drop down menu for thread options, the option that says flot thread to top. yeah I thought only the mods could do it also, but I was just playing around with it and saw it so I clicked it and it went to the top...

That seems to only work for a limited amount of time but I'll ask Jaya to do it. Thanks.

Pages of Forbidden Love