Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Edison43

Re: The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

I highly recommend Encounter at North Road House.  When a masked, unbeatable psycho-killer enters a house to take more lives, the house that he enters is haunted by inhuman creatures and ghosts, who shut him in. 

The masked-psycho thought he was moving on another ordinary house - but what he enters into is a haunted realm.  The best thing about this book is who is the predator and who is the prey?  This one just came out and highly recommended.

Reader 2
Cookie3

[ Edited ]

Kristin Cashore

Graceling, Fire

Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay

Laurie Faria Stolarz

Blue Is For Nightmares, White Is For Magic, Silver Is For Secrets, Red Is For Remembrance

Libba Bray

A Great And Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, The Sweet Far Thing

Courtney Summers

Cracked Up To Be

Laurie Halse Anderson

Wintergirls, Speak

Jodi Lynn Anderson

Peaches

Stephen Chbosky

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

John Green

Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns, Abundance Of Katherines

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

Elizabeth Scott

Living Dead Girl

MY FAVORITE AUTHOR- Laura Wiess

Leftovers, How It Ends, Such A Pretty Girl

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Edison43 wrote:

I highly recommend Encounter at North Road House.  When a masked, unbeatable psycho-killer enters a house to take more lives, the house that he enters is haunted by inhuman creatures and ghosts, who shut him in. 

The masked-psycho thought he was moving on another ordinary house - but what he enters into is a haunted realm.  The best thing about this book is who is the predator and who is the prey?  This one just came out and highly recommended.

Thanks for adding books but a little advice on how to show the covers in a post without putting a link in the message is to click the add product button and type the book title and then click on the button that says add link and image. it will put on a smaller image that doesnt use up so much message space. Just a little advice. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Edison43

Thanks.  I think I figured something out to save space.  Thanks.  We're all here to teach each other as well as to read a good book or two :smileyhappy:

You Wrote:

Thanks for adding books but a little advice on how to show the covers in a post without putting a link in the message is to click the add product button and type the book title and then click on the button that says add link and image. it will put on a smaller image that doesnt use up so much message space. Just a little advice. :smileyhappy:

His whole body throbbed at the disobedience. And she knew it, her stare level and erotic. "God I love you" ~V~
Reader
Joey18

Sarah Dessen's books  are really great. And very realistic, so anybody looking for books with strong characters and realistic relationships, then go for her. 

As for the Ellen Hopkins books, those are something wonderful. You can pretty much read them out of order, except for Crank and Glass. Glass is the sequel to Crank, so you would have to read Crank first to fully understand everything properly. Also, I just finished reading the book Tricks by Hopkins which is also one of my favorites. It's very interesting how the lives of so many of the characters end up interconnecting. That's something to look at though. (: 

New User
Sea_Glass

This thread was very helpful! :smileyhappy:

Recently I read The Iron King and really enjoyed it! I love finding new authors.

S ¤ E ¤ A ¤ G ¤ L ¤ A ¤ S ¤ S
. . . ._ . . . . _ . . . ._ . . . . _
_.-._)`\_.-._)`\_.-._)`\_.-._)`\_.-._
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for adding more to the list I started. Im glad the thread is helping people.

Also thanks for the Information on the Ellen Hopkins books. I had made them part of the original list which is on page one but I have never read them so I couldn't give people much information on them.

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
KaCe92

the uglies seriesby scott westerfield was amazing

the uglies

the pretties

the specials

the extras

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

KaCe92 Thank you for adding to the list.

If anyone wants the links to that series here they are.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Frequent Contributor
michaela27

Deception- Lee Nichols

This book just came out a couple of weeks ago.  It is very good, very intriguing.  Its about a girl who sees ghosts.  Its got some great paranormal, mystery, and romance stuff going on.  I loved it :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

michaela27 wrote:

Deception- Lee Nichols

This book just came out a couple of weeks ago.  It is very good, very intriguing.  Its about a girl who sees ghosts.  Its got some great paranormal, mystery, and romance stuff going on.  I loved it :smileyhappy:

Wow thanks for adding that book. I have never even heard of it!

Deception (Haunting Emma Series #1) 

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
smeyer_rox

OMG! I can't wait for Linger! I read Shiver as soon as i found it in the store because i have an obsession with wolves (seriously if you don't believe me, you should see my room) and it was great!

I also found some really good books:

~The Sight and Fell by David Clement Davies (about wolves)

~the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr (faeries with a twist)

~Evermore by Alyson Noel (immortals)

~Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater (faeries and music)

They are all great books. Sorry i couldn't put links to them but i'm not smart with computers so i have no idea how to do that...

New User
smeyer_rox
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Iron King recomendation. I thought it looked interesting but didn't get it because I hadn't heard anything about it. Now I can go out and buy it! YAY!:smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

smeyer_rox wrote:

OMG! I can't wait for Linger! I read Shiver as soon as i found it in the store because i have an obsession with wolves (seriously if you don't believe me, you should see my room) and it was great!

I also found some really good books:

~The Sight and Fell by David Clement Davies (about wolves)

~the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr (faeries with a twist)

~Evermore by Alyson Noel (immortals)

~Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater (faeries and music)

They are all great books. Sorry i couldn't put links to them but i'm not smart with computers so i have no idea how to do that...

thank you for adding to the list. I believe the Immortals series by Alyson Noel was already a part of my original list on page one but thanks for reminding us of the series. I didn't recommend the Iron King that was another user but I'm sure they would say you are welcome for the recommendation. As far as adding the links for the books you can click on the add product button in the future to add just a link to the book or add the link and book image. Thanks again.

here are the books incase anyone wants to see the links.

The Sight

Fell

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely Series #1)

Evermore (Immortals Series #1)  Ballad

Pages of Forbidden Love
Contributor
whaiting-to-be-read
0 Kudos

what are some that you really like personally?

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

whaiting-to-be-read wrote:

what are some that you really like personally?

That is a great question. I have read a lot of the books that are on my original list on page one but I would have so say some of the ones that I like best are...

Kissed by an Angel is a great book still one of my favorites

Kissed by an Angel Trilogy (Kissed by an Angel Series)  

Kate Brian writes the Private Series but i really love this stand alone novel by her

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys  

House of Night Series is good especially in the beginning but I've heard some ppl are moving away from the series

House of Night Boxed Set  

All Sarah Dessen books are good but my favorites are these two

The Truth about Forever  Just Listen 

Incarceron is the first in a new series and at first the storyline is confusing because you are thrown into this unknown world but as you get into the story its a great fantasy book.

Incarceron  

I recently finished reading Hourglass which is the third book in the Evernight Series and I didn't like the series that much at the beginning but its has certainly grown on me. I can't wait for book four.

Evernight (Evernight Series #1)  

What are some of your favorites?

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
southrnbella

Thank you lexa for your reply on the other thread..I didn't want to vent on a newcomer and I'm still new myself but it just sucks coming in to the threads and having someone write the same question but in a different format without them really searching the threads for the answers..I enjoy this thread because I know I can look for new books and also ask for advice on books..So thanks for doing the hard work for those that want the "easy solutions"....

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

southrnbella wrote:

Thank you lexa for your reply on the other thread..I didn't want to vent on a newcomer and I'm still new myself but it just sucks coming in to the threads and having someone write the same question but in a different format without them really searching the threads for the answers..I enjoy this thread because I know I can look for new books and also ask for advice on books..So thanks for doing the hard work for those that want the "easy solutions"....

I was just trying to make a place where ppl can come and get recommendations instead of having 50 threads about the same thing. I just want the boards to run smoothly and not be so cluttered. Thank you for trying to help me. I have been reading teen books for a long time and I do know some lesser known books but I figured this list was just a start and if ppl want to add lesser known books then they are free to do that. I just want everyone to have a good time but in a slightly organized manner.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Contributor
whaiting-to-be-read
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanx! so much can't wait to read them! thanx 4 replying back 2 me

Contributor
whaiting-to-be-read
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The Summoning (Darkest Powers Series #1)   Lament   Fallen  some of my favs. wow thats hard lol um i would say the need and captivate series also Lament, Fallen, and the summoning series! its been nice talking to you! :smileyhappy:

Need

Captivate