Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Re: The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

New List (10/23/10)

YA Books:

Contemporary Books:

Sarah Dessen's books:

The Truth about Forever  Lock and Key  Along for the Ride  Dreamland  Someone Like You  This Lullaby  Keeping the Moon  Just Listen  That Summer  

The Private Series/ The Privilege Series/ Additional books by Kate Brian:

Private (Private Series #1)  Invitation Only (Private Series #2)  Untouchable (Private Series #3)  Confessions (Private Series #4)  Inner Circle (Private Series #5)  Legacy (Private Series #6)  Ambition (Private Series #7)  Revelation (Private Series #8)  Paradise Lost (Private Series #9)  Suspicion (Private Series #10)  Scandal (Private Series #11)  Vanished (Private Series #12)  Last Christmas  The Book of Spells (Private Series)  Privilege (Privilege Series #1)  Beautiful Disaster (Privilege Series #2)  Perfect Mistake (Privilege Series #3)  Sweet Deceit (Privilege Series #4)  Pure Sin (Privilege Series #5)  Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys  Sweet 16  The Princess and the Pauper  

Elizabeth Chandler: (Some of her books are contemporary and some have paranormal elements for saving some space I will just list all of her books in this contemporary section)

Kissed by an Angel Trilogy (Kissed by an Angel Series)  Dark Secrets 1  Dark Secrets 2  The Back Door of Midnight  Love at First Click (First Kisses Series #6)  Summer in the City  

Ellen Hopkins books: (Not really sure all what happens in these books but they seem about real life events so that makes them contemporary in my eyes)

Crank (Crank Series #1)  Glass (Crank Series #2) Fallout (Crank Series #3) Burned  Tricks  Impulse  Identical    Flirtin' with the Monster  

Simone Elkeles' Series:

Perfect Chemistry  Rules of Attraction  

Leaving Paradise  Return to Paradise  

Susane Colasanti's Books:

Waiting for You  Something Like Fate  When It Happens  Take Me There  So Much Closer  

Sarah Ockler's Books:

Twenty Boy Summer  Fixing Delilah  

Lauren Barnholdt Books:

One Night That Changes Everything  Two-Way Street  Watch Me  Aces Up  

Kody Keplinger's Book:

The Duff  

Lauren Oliver Books:

Before I Fall  Delirium  

Alex Flinn Books: (remakes of fairy tails which I guess we will count as contemporaray)

Beastly  A Kiss in Time  Cloaked  

(there are plenty more contemp books on the old list on page 5 and 6 if you are looking for even more)

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

New List (10/23/10)

YA Books:

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Books:

The Hunger Games Series:

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)  Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)  Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)  

The Inheritance Cycle Series:

Eragon (Inheritance Cycle #1)  Eldest (Inheritance Cycle #2)  Brisingr (Inheritance Cycle #3)  

Tamora Pierce's Tortall Series: (each series can stand on its own but the timeline will follow the order that I have posted for the whole huge series)

Alanna  In the Hand of the Goddess (Song of the Lionness Series #2)  The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness Series #3)  Lioness Rampant (Song of the Lioness Series #4)  Wild Magic (The Immortals Series #1)  Wolf-Speaker (The Immortals Series #2)  Emperor Mage (The Immortals Series #3)  Realms of the Gods (The Immortals Series #4)  First Test (Protector of the Small Series #1)  Page (Protector of the Small Series #2)  Squire (Protector of the Small Series #3)  Lady Knight (Protector of the Small Series #4)  Trickster's Choice (Daughters of the Lioness Series #1)  Trickster's Queen (Daughters of the Lioness Series #2)  Terrier (Beka Cooper Series #1)  Bloodhound  

Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series:

Here, There Be Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #1)  The Search for the Red Dragon (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #2)  The Indigo King (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series)  The Shadow Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #4)  The Dragon's Apprentice (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographics Series #5)  

Catherine Fisher's Series:

Incarceron  Sapphique  

James Dashner's Books:

The Maze Runner  The Scorch Trials  

The Gone Series:

Gone (Gone Series #1)  Hunger (Gone Series #2)  Lies (Gone Series #3)  Plague  

The Heir Series/ A Seven Realms Series:

The Warrior Heir (Heir Series #1)  The Wizard Heir (Heir Series #2)  The Dragon Heir (Heir Series #3)  The Demon King (The Seven Realms Series #1)  The Exiled Queen (The Seven Realms Series)  

Percy Jackson Series/ Kane Chronicles Series/ Heros of Olympus Series:

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)  The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #2)  The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #3)  The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #4), Vol. 4  The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #5)  The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles Series #1)  The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus Series #1)  

Pellinor Series:

The Naming (Pellinor Series #1)  The Riddle (Pellinor Series #2)  The Crow (Pellinor Series #3)  The Singing (Pellinor Series #4) 

The Looking Glass Wars Series:

The Looking Glass Wars (Looking Glass Wars #1)  Seeing Redd (Looking Glass Wars Series #2)  ArchEnemy (Looking Glass Wars Series #3)  

(I'm sure there is many more great ones out there and some ones on the old list on page 5 and 6 but this is all I've got for more current books)

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

[ Edited ]

New List (10/23/10)

YA Books:

Paranormal Books:

Ok everyone sit down for a nice long list because authors these days always seem to write paranormal stories for teens. Many of these are considered paranormal romance. I am going to attempt to put them in categories from here but if I get it wrong or have a misc. section at the end we will just work with it!

Vampires:

(ok you all know Twilight so lets not add that to the world anymore than it already has taken over)

House of Night Series:

Marked (House of Night Series #1)  Betrayed (House of Night Series #2)  Chosen (House of Night Series #3)  Untamed (House of Night Series #4)  Hunted (House of Night Series #5)  Tempted (House of Night Series #6)  Burned (House of Night Series #7)  Awakened  The Fledgling Handbook 101  

The Blue Blood Series:

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods Series #1)  Masquerade (Blue Bloods Series #2)  Revelations (Blue Bloods Series #3)  The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods Series #4)  Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods Series #5)  Keys to the Repository (Blue Bloods Series)  Bloody Valentine (Blue Bloods Series #7)  

The Vampire Diaries Series/ The Secret Cirlce Series/ The Nightworld Series/ Other Books: (vampires, witches, wolves, all sorts of stuff in her books but I'll just put it under Vampire because she seems to have a majority of those)

The Vampire Diaries #1-2  The Vampire Diaries #3-4  Nightfall (Vampire Diaries  Shadow Souls (Vampire Diaries  Origins (The Vampire Diaries  The Initiation and The Captive (Part 1) (Secret Circle Series #1-2)  The Captive (Part 2) and The Power (Secret Circle Series #2-3)  Night World #1-3  Night World #4-6  Night World #7-9  Strange Fate (Night World Series #10)  The Forbidden Game  

The Vampire Academy Series:

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy Series #1)  Frostbite (Vampire Academy Series #2)  Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy Series #3), Vol. 3  Blood Promise (Vampire Academy Series #4)  Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy Series #5)  Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy Series #6)  

The Evernight Series:

Evernight (Evernight Series #1)  Stargazer (Evernight Series #2)  Hourglass (Evernight Series #3)  Afterlife  

The Vampire Kisses Series:

The Beginning (Vampire Kisses Series #1) (this first one has the first three books in the series) Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses Series #4)  The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses Series #5)  Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses Series #6)  Love Bites (Vampire Kisses Series #7)  

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series:

Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #1)  Ninth Grade Slays (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #2)  Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #3)  Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #4)  Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #5)  

Christopher Pike Thirst Series/ Other Books:

Thirst No. 1  Thirst No. 2  Thirst No. 3  Remember Me  To Die For  

Angels:

Lauren Kate Series:

Fallen (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #1)  Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2)  

Becca Fitzpatrick's Series:

Hush, Hush  Crescendo  

Alexandrea Adornetto's Book:

Halo  

James Patterson's Maximum Ride Series:

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride Series #1)  School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride Series #2)  Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride Series #3)  The Final Warning (Maximum Ride Series #4)  MAX (Maximum Ride Series #5)  FANG (Maximum Ride Series #6)  

Francesca Lia Block Books: (not sure what these are about but I think the first one is angles and the second one is vampires)

Dangerous Angels  Pretty Dead  

Lili St. Crow Series: (pretty sure this is about angels)

Strange Angels (Strange Angels Series #1)  Betrayals (Strange Angels Series #2)  Jealousy (Strange Angels Series #3), Vol. 3  Defiance  

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

New List (10/23/10)

YA Books:

Paranormal Books Continued:

Ok everyone sit down for a nice long list because authors these days always seem to write paranormal stories for teens. Many of these are considered paranormal romance. I am going to attempt to put them in categories from here but if I get it wrong or have a misc. section at the end we will just work with it!

Fairy/ Faeries:

Aprilynne Pike Series:

Wings  Spells  Illusions  

Julie Kagawa Series:

The Iron King  The Iron Daughter  The Iron Queen  

Modern Tale of Faerie Series/ The Curse Workers Series: (curse workers is not faeries but I'm just going to group it with her Faerie series)

Tithe (Modern Tale of Faerie Series #1)  Valiant (Modern Tale of Faerie Series #2)  Ironside (Modern Tale of Faerie Series #3)  White Cat (The Curse Workers Series #1)  Red Glove  

Wicked Lovely Series:

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely Series #1)  Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely Series #2)  Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely Series #3)  Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely Series #4)  Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely Series #5)  

Wolves:

Wolves of Mercy Falls Series:

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1) Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #2)   (Forever is going to be the third book in the series)

David Clement Davies Series:

The Sight  Fell  

Andrea Cremer's Book:

Nightshade  

Jennifer Lynn Barnes Series: ( I think Trial by Fire is book two, not sure though)

Raised by Wolves  Trial by Fire  

Ghosts:

Darkest Powers Series:

The Summoning (Darkest Powers Series #1)  The Awakening (Darkest Powers Series #2)  The Reckoning (Darkest Powers Series #3)  

Katie Alender:

Bad Girls Don't Die  

Lee Nichols Book:

Deception (Haunting Emma Series #1)  

Elizabeth Scott Book: (I think these are either about ghosts or angels one of the two)

Living Dead Girl  Grace  

Other: (Zombies, Witches, Touch Sense People, And All Other Things I can't seem to Classify)

Carrie Jones Books:

Need  Captivate  Entice  

Laurie Faria Stolarz Touch Series/ Blue is for Nightmares Series:

Deadly Little Secret (Touch Series #1)  Deadly Little Lies (Touch Series #2)  Deadly Little Games  Blue Is for Nightmares (Blue Is for Nightmares Series #1)  White Is for Magic (Blue Is for Nightmares #2)  Silver Is for Secrets (Blue Is for Nightmares #3)  Red Is for Remembrance (Blue Is for Nightmares #4)  

Carrie Ryan Books:

The Forest of Hands and Teeth  The Dead-Tossed Waves  The Dark and Hollow Places  

Hex Hall Series:

Hex Hall (Hex Hall Series #1)  Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel)  

The Immortals Series:

Evermore (Immortals Series #1)  Blue Moon (Immortals Series #2)  Shadowland (Immortals Series #3)  Dark Flame (Immortals Series #4)  Night Star (Immortals Series #5)  Radiance  

The Mortal Instruments Series/The Infernal Devices Series:

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1)  City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series #2)  City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments Series #3)  City of Fallen Angels  Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Series #1)  

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

New List (10/23/10)

YA Books:

New Releases and Books to look Forward To:

Extraordinary  

Crescendo  

The Duff  

Starcrossed 

Minder  

Awakened 

Beautiful Darkness  

Falling Under 

Sapphique 

Deadly Little Games  

The Scorch Trials  

Bright Young Things 

Vixen 

Delirium  

Nightshade  

Elixir  

Matched  

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy Series #6)  

City of Fallen Angels  

Passion (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #3)  

Jane  

Adult Books:

So although several adult series have been mentioned on this Ultimate List I think I'm going to keep them off this time around just because this is a YA (teen) section of the boards. I know many of us are already out of our teens (such as myself) but if you want adult books there are plenty of other groups on Barnes and Noble to check out.

Thank you to everyone who has added to this list or used it in the correct fashion. I hope that people will continue to Ask for recommendation as well as Give them. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988

The New List looks great Lexa

Thank You :smileyhappy:

Happy Reading :smileywink:

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

Wow! Lexa this is awesome!

Great job! Thanks so much for making it 100x better xD

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Darkangel and Lexie- I'm glad you both like the new list and the way that I laid it out. :smileyvery-happy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
Courtney-Clark

I would recommend three series:

Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mylnowski

The Clique by Lisi Harrison

Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

That's it

Courtney-Clark :smileyhappy:

New User
Twichic10210
0 Kudos

The Maze Runner By James Dashner now has a sequel called The Scorch Trials, which I believe is just as good as the first

-"It means Shadowhunters: Looking better in black than the widows of our enemies since 1234"
-Jace, City of Bones
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

That is listed under YA New Releases and Looking Forward to section on my fourth post on this page but thanks for reminding us.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
bookluvr11

I'm not sure if these are on the list already, if they are sorry. If they aren't, then you should read them:smileyhappy:

Night Jasmine-5 stars 

Alison Rules-5 stars  

Sophomore Switch-4.5 stars  

Every Little Thing in the World-4 stars  

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
New User
momo315

OMg! Just Listen By: Sarah Dessen Is The Best Im On Page 105 and i cant pot it down:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
----SOBBY_love---
0 Kudos

i call these books entertainment books because theyre not really realistic fiction because theyre so untrue! but theyre really entertaining and theyre my guilty pleasures!!

Gossip Girl series by cecily von ziegesar; including her it girl series (about jenny, an original character from gossip girl) and gossip girl the carlyes

The A-list girl series by Zoey Dean

Poseur series by Rachel Maude (i think she changed her last name though so some of her books might be under a different name)

L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad

Author
JacquelineSeewald

I hope that STACY'S SONG will be read and added to the recommended list of teen novels.

It was published by L&L Dreamspell a week ago both in trade paperback and as an e-book.

It's a coming of age/romance novel. Sorry, no vampires!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Stacy's Song  

Thanks everyone for stopping by and adding books to the list.

Jacqueline thanks for stopping by to tell us that you came out with a book.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Somebody Everybody Listens To  

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

Ok so I'm not sure if someone posted this but i dont think so its about faieres and romance:

The Faerie Path series by Frenwin Jones

The Faerie Path (Faerie Path Series #1) 

The Lost Queen (Faerie Path Series #2

The Seventh Daughter (Faerie Path Series #3) 

The Immortal Realm (Faerie Path Series #4) 

The Enchanted Quest (Faerie Path Series #5)

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

The Radleys  Excellent...A family of abstainers Clara teen daughter is a vegan.Very Modern and very English..Rowan ,teenage son..is just confused....Both have no idea about their Background  I have it in PB..     """ Just started "The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor Vampire Slayer".         .We are discussing it on UF/Paranormal..We have a Thread ..So far I love it..Not really a mashup..Just Very Good..Discussion should start next week...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Susan- I have been seeing The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor, Vampire Slayer on several book blogs lately, it sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

Pages of Forbidden Love