Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
whaiting-to-be-read

Re: The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

some of my favs. Wow thats hard lol i would say the Need and Captivate series also Lament, Fallen, and the Summoning! Its been nice talking 2 u!! :smileyhappy:

Need

Captivate

Lament

The Summoning (Darkest Powers Series #1)

Fallen

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Whaiting to be read those are some good picks however I have never read any of those but some of them are on my wish list! :smileyvery-happy: I try to respond back to everyone that posts something on this thread so you are very welcome.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Lexa this is a great idea and i've come to add to your big list of books! I will probably repeat some of the books that have already been mentioned because either A.) I forgot they were on the list or B.) They deserve to be put on twice! Haha well here I go....

L.J. Smith

Night World #1-3  

Night World #4-6  

Night World #7-9  

Dark Visions  

The Initiation and The Captive (Part 1) (Secret Circle Series #1-2)  

The Captive (Part 2) and The Power (Secret Circle Series #2-3) 

Lauren Oliver

Before I Fall  

Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1) 

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series #2) 

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments Series #3)  

Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)  

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #2)  

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #3)  

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #4), Vol. 4  

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #5) 

Elizabeth Chandler

Dark Secrets 1  

Dark Secrets 2 

Beth Fantaskey

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side  

Aprilynne Pike

Wings  

Markus Zusak

The Book Thief  

I Am the Messenger  

One book I haven't read that I don't think is on this list is

Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons Why  

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

And I forgot a few....

Brooke Taylor

Undone  

Lisa McMann

Wake (Wake Trilogy Series #1)  

Fade (Wake Trilogy Series #2)  

Gone (Wake Trilogy Series #3)  

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Zoey I think several of those books were on my original list but like you said it is always great to see them again. Thank you for adding to the list!

Pages of Forbidden Love
Contributor
whaiting-to-be-read
0 Kudos

those look like good books ive read a few and i loved them!! thanx 4 posting 4 others to read!

Wordsmith
wheeze

We need Leaving Paradise  by SImone Elkeles popped on the list. We are missing that one :smileyhappy:

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

I have never read Leaving Paradise so thank you for adding it to the list. I loved Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction. I believe there is even a sequel coming out to Leaving Paradise.There is the link for the sequel.

Return to Paradise

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
trissy_missy
0 Kudos

Wow I've read about 75% of these books and there all wonderful!

Inspired Contributor
TheVampireGod

OMG a great list with A TON of great books!!! A great idea but if u don't mind me asking a favor though to make this better! i hate running through page by page of threads so maybe a cleanout? Like post every suggestion that was made (in the clickable link format because that made things SOOOOO much easier and that was a truly genius idea) and put them all at the top and get rid of all the other posts... or at least move them to an arcive folder... thanks guys!!!! i would do it myself but i don't no how yet... i'm still a little 2 new...

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

VampireGod I would change things if i could. the list that is on page one is the main list and some of the posts by other ppl have been a lot of the same books so my best offer since I don't have the power to delete other ppl's posts is that I can go through the pages and redo a list on page 5 but with time it will get crowded again so i can keep redoing the list every 5 pages or so.
Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
TheVampireGod
0 Kudos

well like i have said i will support you... actually i have an idea... check out teh main page for a new thread!!!

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
New User
TraMcneil

I have read the majority of the books that have been reccommended and I loved them all!! I will make a list of the ones I like. Sorry if I repeat any....

Susan Beth Pfeffer

Life As We Knew It

The Dead and The Gone

This World We Live In

Lili St. Crow

Betrayals

Strange Angels

Robin Wasserman

Skinned

Crashed

Carrie Ryan

The Forrest of Hands and Teeth

The Dead-Tossed Waves

Christopher Pike

Thirst No. 1 - The Last Vampire/Black Blood/Red Dice

Thirst No. 2 - Phantom/Evil Thirst/Creatures of Forever

Laurie Faria Stolarz

Deadly Little Secret

Deadly Little Lies

Hope you guys will like these books as well!! Happy Reading!

Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93

The Forbidden Game : The Hunter, The Chase, The Kill

Infinity (Chronicles of Nick Series)

both of these are really good :smileyhappy:

All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Contributor
kcoole

The mortal instruments

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1)

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series #2)

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments Series #3)

and anything by Ellen Hopkins.

"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading. "
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thank you to the three that recently added more books onto the list. please know that the original list is on page one and that some of the books being posted are already on the list. I am in the process of creating the list over again on either page five or six. My account has been acting up lately and the add a product button isnt even on my message screen this week so I will have to see when is the soonest I get that button back so I can recreate the list with my original list and everything that has been added by fellow members. Thank you all for your help and patience.
Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
southrnbella

i dont know if i saw these...if they are on there im sorry i repeated...i have more just cant think at the moment

beth fantaskey-jessicas guide to dating the dark side

jekel loves hyde

alex flinn- beastly, a kiss in time

celia rees-Sorceress, witch Child

daniel waters- generation dead, kiss of life, passing strange

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thanks Jenna for adding some more to the list. I think the majority of those were not on the list so thank you for adding them.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Alright everyone I got the Add Product Button back so I am going to make the new list that is made up of the original list plus what everyone has added.

I'd like to take this time to remind everyone that this thread is used for giving recommendations and ASKING for them. I have had a lot of people recommend great books and I thank all of you but if we could spread the word that this is also to cut down on all the "I Need Recommendation" threads that would be great and will keep the board clean. :smileyvery-happy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

NEW LIST

Sarah Dessen Books:

Lock and Key  The Truth about Forever  This Lullaby  Along for the Ride  Dreamland  Someone Like You  Keeping the Moon  That Summer  Just Listen   

House of Night Series:

Marked (House of Night Series #1)  Betrayed (House of Night Series #2)  Chosen (House of Night Series #3)  Untamed (House of Night Series #4)  Hunted (House of Night Series #5)  Tempted (House of Night Series #6)  Burned (House of Night Series #7)  

The Hunger Games Series:

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)  Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)  Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)  

The Private Series/ Additional Kate Brian Books/ The Privilege Series:

Private (Private Series #1)  Invitation Only (Private Series #2)  Untouchable (Private Series #3)  Confessions (Private Series #4)  Inner Circle (Private Series #5)  Legacy (Private Series #6)  Ambition (Private Series #7)  Revelation (Private Series #8)  Paradise Lost (Private Series #9)  Suspicion (Private Series #10)  Scandal (Private Series #11)  Last Christmas  Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys  Sweet 16  Lucky T  Fake Boyfriend  The Princess and the Pauper  Privilege (Privilege Series #1)  Beautiful Disaster (Privilege Series #2)  Perfect Mistake (Privilege Series #3)  

Elizabeth Chandler Books:

Kissed by an Angel Trilogy (Kissed by an Angel Series)  Summer in the City  Dark Secrets 1  Dark Secrets 2  

The Inheritance Cycle Series:

Eragon (Inheritance Cycle #1)  Eldest (Inheritance Cycle #2)  Brisingr (Inheritance Cycle #3) 

The Mortal Instruments Series/Other books by Cassandra Clare:

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1)  City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series #2)  City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments Series #3)  Clockwork Angel  

Ellen Hopkins Books: (Crank and Glass are a series so read those together)

Impulse  Crank  Burned  Glass  Fallout  Identical  Tricks  

Lauren Kate Series:

Fallen  Torment  

Becca Fitzpatrick's Series:

Hush, Hush Crescendo  

Tamora Pierce's Tortall Series: (each series can stand on its own but the timeline will follow the order that I have posted for the whole huge series)

Alanna  In the Hand of the Goddess (Song of the Lionness Series #2)  The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness Series #3)  Lioness Rampant (Song of the Lioness Series #4)  Wild Magic (The Immortals Series #1)  Wolf-Speaker (The Immortals Series #2)  Emperor Mage (The Immortals Series #3)  Realms of the Gods (The Immortals Series #4)  First Test (Protector of the Small Series #1)  Page (Protector of the Small Series #2)  Squire (Protector of the Small Series #3)  Lady Knight (Protector of the Small Series #4)  Trickster's Choice (Daughters of the Lioness Series #1)  Trickster's Queen (Daughters of the Lioness Series #2)  Terrier (Beka Cooper Series #1)  Bloodhound (Beka Cooper Series #2)  

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series:

The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1)  The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #2)  The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #3)  The Necromancer (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #4)  

Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series:

Here, There Be Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #1)  The Search for the Red Dragon (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #2)  The Indigo King (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #3)  The Shadow Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series #4)  

The Blue Blood Series:

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods Series #1)  Masquerade (Blue Bloods Series #2)  Revelations (Blue Bloods Series #3)  Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods Series #4)  

Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods Series #5)  Keys to the Repository (Blue Bloods Series)   

The Vampire Diaries Series/ The Secret Cirlce Series/ The Nightworld Series/ Other Books:

The Vampire Diaries #1-2  The Vampire Diaries #3-4  Nightfall (Vampire Diaries  Shadow Souls (Vampire Diaries  The Initiation and The Captive (Part 1) (Secret Circle Series #1-2)  The Captive (Part 2) and The Power (Secret Circle Series #2-3)  Night World #1-3  Night World #4-6  Night World #7-9  Strange Fate (Night World Series #10)  The Forbidden Game  

Pages of Forbidden Love