Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Re: The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

NEW LIST CONTINUED

The Vampire Academy Series:

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy Series #1)  Frostbite (Vampire Academy Series #2)  Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy Series #3), Vol. 3  Blood Promise (Vampire Academy Series #4)  Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy Series #5)   Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy Series #6)    

Simone Elkeles' Series:

Perfect Chemistry  Rules of Attraction  

Leaving Paradise  Return to Paradise  

The Evernight Series:

Evernight (Evernight Series #1)  Stargazer (Evernight Series #2)  Hourglass (Evernight Series #3)  

The Shiver Series:

Shiver  Linger  

The Vampire Kisses Series:

Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses Series #1)  Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses Series #2)  Vampireville (Vampire Kisses Series #3)  Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses Series #4)  The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses Series #5)  Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses Series #6) Love Bites (Vampire Kisses Series #7)   

Catherine Fisher's Series:

Incarceron  Sapphique  

James Dashner's Book:

The Maze Runner  

The Wake Trilogy

Wake (Wake Trilogy Series #1)  Fade (Wake Trilogy Series #2)  Gone (Wake Trilogy Series #3)  

The Gone Series:

Gone (Gone Series #1)  Hunger (Gone Series #2)  Lies (Gone Series #3)  

The Heir Series/ A Seven Realms Series

The Warrior Heir (Heir Series #1)  The Wizard Heir (Heir Series #2)  The Dragon Heir (Heir Series #3)  The Demon King  The Exiled Queen  

Susane Colasanti's Books:

When It Happens  Take Me There  Waiting for You  Something Like Fate 

Percy Jackson Series/ Kane Chronicles Series:

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)  The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #2)  The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #3)  The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #4), Vol. 4  The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #5)   

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles Series #1)   

James Patterson's Maximum Ride Series and additional books:

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride Series #1)  School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride Series #2)  Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride Series #3)  The Final Warning (Maximum Ride Series #4)  MAX (Maximum Ride Series #5)  FANG (Maximum Ride Series #6)  Witch and Wizard  

Darkest Powers Series:

The Summoning (Darkest Powers Series #1)  The Awakening (Darkest Powers Series #2)  The Reckoning (Darkest Powers Series #3)  

Katie Alender:

Bad Girls Don't Die

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series:

Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #1)  Ninth Grade Slays (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #2)  Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #3)  Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #4)  

Gemma Doyle Series/ Other books by Libba Bray 

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle Series #1)  Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle Series #2)  The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle Series #3)  Going Bovine

Starcatchers Series:

Peter and the Starcatchers (Starcatchers Series #1)  Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Starcatchers Series #2)  Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Starcatchers Series #3)  Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Starcatchers Series #4)   

Abhorsen Trilogy:

Sabriel (Abhorsen Trilogy Series #1)  Lirael  Abhorsen (Abhorsen Trilogy Series #3)   

Pellinor Series:

The Naming (Pellinor Series #1)  The Riddle (Pellinor Series #2)  The Crow (Pellinor Series #3)  The Singing (Pellinor Series #4)  

The Looking Glass Wars Series:

The Looking Glass Wars (Looking Glass Wars #1)  Seeing Redd (Looking Glass Wars Series #2)  ArchEnemy (Looking Glass Wars Series #3)  

The Immortals Series:

Evermore (Immortals Series #1)  Blue Moon (Immortals Series #2)  Shadowland (Immortals Series #3)  Dark Flame (Immortals Series #4)  Night Star (Immortals Series #5)  

Wicked Lovely Series:

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely Series #1)  Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely Series #2)  Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely Series #3)  Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely Series #4)  

Sarah Ockler's Book:

Twenty Boy Summer    

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

NEW LIST CONTINUED

P.C. Cast's Devine Series:

Divine by Mistake (Devine Series)  Divine by Blood (Devine Series)  Divine by Choice (Devine Series)  

Hex Hall Series:

Hex Hall (Hex Hall Series #1)  Demonglass (Hex Hall Series #2)  

Kisses and Lies Series:

Kiss Me Kill Me (Kisses and Lies Series #1)  Kisses and Lies (Kisses and Lies Series #2)  Kiss in the Dark (Kisses and Lies Series #3)  

Jodi Picoult Books: (ADULT) 

My Sister's Keeper  Nineteen Minutes  The Pact  Handle with Care  Keeping Faith  Harvesting the Heart  The Tenth Circle  

Jane Austen:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies  

John Feinstein Books: (For Sports Fans)

Change-Up  Last Shot  Cover-Up  Vanishing Act  

Pretty Little Liars Series:

Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars Series #1)  Flawless (Pretty Little Liars Series #2)  Perfect (Pretty Little Liars Series #3)  Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars Series #4)  Wicked (Pretty Little Liars Series #5)  Killer (Pretty Little Liars Series #6)  Heartless (Pretty Little Liars Series #7)  Wanted (Pretty Little Liars Series #8)  

Kristin Cashore's Series:

Graceling  Fire  

Lauren Barnholdt:

Two-Way Street  One Night That Changes Everything  

Uglies Series:

Uglies (Uglies Series #1)  Pretties (Uglies Series #2)  Specials (Uglies Series #3)  Extras (Uglies Series #4)  

Morganville Vampires Series:

Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires Series #1)  The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires Series #2)  Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires Series #3)  Feast of Fools (Morganville Vampires Series #4)  Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires Series #5)  Carpe Corpus (Morganville Vampires Series #6)  Fade Out (Morganville Vampires Series #7)  Kiss of Death (Morganville Vampires Series #8)  Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires Series)  

Modern Tale of Faerie Series/ The Curse Workers Series:

Tithe (Modern Tale of Faerie Series #1)  Valiant (Modern Tale of Faerie Series #2)  Ironside (Modern Tale of Faerie Series #3)  White Cat (The Curse Workers Series #1)

Francesca Lia Block Books:

Echo  Psyche in a Dress  Dangerous Angels   

Shannon Hale Series:

The Books of Bayern 

Meg Cabot All American Girl Series/ Mediator Series: (there are many great series by this author so just pick one and you are in for a good book)

All-American Girl  Ready or Not (All-American Girl Series)  Shadowland (Mediator Series #1)

Sweep Series:

Book of Shadows (Sweep Series #1)  The Coven (Sweep Series #2)  Blood Witch (Sweep Series #3)  Dark Magick (Sweep Series #4)  Awakening (Sweep Series #5)  Spellbound (Sweep Series #6)  The Calling (Sweep Series #7)  Changeling (Sweep Series #8)  Strife (Sweep Series #9), Vol. 9  Seeker (Sweep Series #10), Vol. 10  Origins (Sweep Series #11)  Eclipse (Sweep Series #12)  Reckoning  Full Circle  Night's Child (Sweep Series #15)      

Christopher Pike Series:

Thirst No. 1  Thirst No. 2  Thirst No. 3  

Carrie Ryan Books:

The Forest of Hands and Teeth  The Dead-Tossed Waves  

Millennium Series: (ADULT fiction)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Series #1)  The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy Series #2)  The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium Trilogy Series #3)  

Laurie Faria Stolarz Touch Series/ Blue is for Nightmares Series: 

Deadly Little Secret (Touch Series #1)  Deadly Little Lies (Touch Series #2)  Deadly Little Games  Blue Is for Nightmares (Blue Is for Nightmares Series #1)  White Is for Magic (Blue Is for Nightmares #2)  Silver Is for Secrets (Blue Is for Nightmares #3)  Red Is for Remembrance (Blue Is for Nightmares #4)  

Courtney Summers Book:

Cracked up to Be  

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

NEW LIST CONTINUED

Laurie Halse Anderson Books:

Twisted  Speak  Wintergirls  

Jodi Lynn Anderson Peaches Series:

Peaches (Peaches Series #1)  The Secrets of Peaches (Peaches Series #2)  Love and Peaches (Peaches Series #3)  

Stephen Chbosky Book:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower  

John Green Books:

Paper Towns  Looking for Alaska  Abundance of Katherines 

Anonymous Book:

Go Ask Alice  

Elizabeth Scott Book:

Living Dead Girl   

Laura Wiess Books:

Leftovers  How It Ends  Such a Pretty Girl  

Julie Kagawa Book:

The Iron King  The Iron Daughter  

Lee Nichols Book:

Deception (Haunting Emma Series #1)  

David Clement Davies Series:

The Sight  Fell  

Carrie Jones Books:

Need  Captivate  

Lauren Oliver Book:

Before I Fall  Delirium  

Beth Fantaskey Books:

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side  Jekel Loves Hyde  

Aprilynne Pike Series:

Wings  Spells  

Markus Zusak Books:

The Book Thief  I Am the Messenger  

Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons Why  

Brooke Taylor

Undone  

Life As We Knew It Series:

Life As We Knew It (Life As We Knew It Series #1)  The Dead and the Gone (Life As We Knew It #2)  This World We Live In (Life As We Knew It Series #3)  

Lili St. Crow Series: 

Strange Angels  Betrayals  Jealousy, Vol. 3  

Robin Wasserman Series:

Skinned (Gripping Trilogy Series #1)  Crashed (Gripping Trilogy Series #2)  

Sherrilyn Kenyon Series:

Infinity (Chronicles of Nick Series)

Alex Flinn Books:

Beastly  A Kiss in Time    

Celia Rees Books:

Sorceress  Witch Child  

Generation Dead Series:

Generation Dead (Generation Dead Series #1)  Kiss of Life (Generation Dead Series #2)  Passing Strange (Generation Dead Series #3) 

THIS IS THE END OF THE NEW LIST!!

Thanks to everyone! 

Pages of Forbidden Love
Contributor
GregoryMartinIII

Lexa555 wrote:

NEW LIST CONTINUED

The Vampire Academy Series:

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy Series #1)  Frostbite (Vampire Academy Series #2)  Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy Series #3), Vol. 3  Blood Promise (Vampire Academy Series #4)  Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy Series #5)   Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy Series #6)    

Simone Elkeles' Series:

Perfect Chemistry  Rules of Attraction  

Leaving Paradise  Return to Paradise  

The Evernight Series:

Evernight (Evernight Series #1)  Stargazer (Evernight Series #2)  Hourglass (Evernight Series #3)  

The Shiver Series:

Shiver  Linger  

The Vampire Kisses Series:

Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses Series #1)  Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses Series #2)  Vampireville (Vampire Kisses Series #3)  Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses Series #4)  The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses Series #5)  Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses Series #6) Love Bites (Vampire Kisses Series #7)   

Catherine Fisher's Series:

Incarceron  Sapphique  

James Dashner's Book:

The Maze Runner  

The Wake Trilogy

Wake (Wake Trilogy Series #1)  Fade (Wake Trilogy Series #2)  Gone (Wake Trilogy Series #3)  

The Gone Series:

Gone (Gone Series #1)  Hunger (Gone Series #2)  Lies (Gone Series #3)  

The Heir Series/ A Seven Realms Series

The Warrior Heir (Heir Series #1)  The Wizard Heir (Heir Series #2)  The Dragon Heir (Heir Series #3)  The Demon King  The Exiled Queen  

Susane Colasanti's Books:

When It Happens  Take Me There  Waiting for You  Something Like Fate 

Percy Jackson Series/ Kane Chronicles Series:

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)  The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #2)  The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #3)  The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #4), Vol. 4  The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #5)   

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles Series #1)   

James Patterson's Maximum Ride Series and additional books:

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride Series #1)  School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride Series #2)  Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride Series #3)  The Final Warning (Maximum Ride Series #4)  MAX (Maximum Ride Series #5)  FANG (Maximum Ride Series #6)  Witch and Wizard  

Darkest Powers Series:

The Summoning (Darkest Powers Series #1)  The Awakening (Darkest Powers Series #2)  The Reckoning (Darkest Powers Series #3)  

Katie Alender:

Bad Girls Don't Die

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series:

Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #1)  Ninth Grade Slays (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #2)  Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #3)  Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #4)  

Gemma Doyle Series/ Other books by Libba Bray 

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle Series #1)  Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle Series #2)  The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle Series #3)  Going Bovine

Starcatchers Series:

Peter and the Starcatchers (Starcatchers Series #1)  Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Starcatchers Series #2)  Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Starcatchers Series #3)  Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Starcatchers Series #4)   

Abhorsen Trilogy:

Sabriel (Abhorsen Trilogy Series #1)  Lirael  Abhorsen (Abhorsen Trilogy Series #3)   

Pellinor Series:

The Naming (Pellinor Series #1)  The Riddle (Pellinor Series #2)  The Crow (Pellinor Series #3)  The Singing (Pellinor Series #4)  

The Looking Glass Wars Series:

The Looking Glass Wars (Looking Glass Wars #1)  Seeing Redd (Looking Glass Wars Series #2)  ArchEnemy (Looking Glass Wars Series #3)  

The Immortals Series:

Evermore (Immortals Series #1)  Blue Moon (Immortals Series #2)  Shadowland (Immortals Series #3)  Dark Flame (Immortals Series #4)  Night Star (Immortals Series #5)  

Wicked Lovely Series:

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely Series #1)  Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely Series #2)  Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely Series #3)  Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely Series #4)  

Sarah Ockler's Book:

Twenty Boy Summer    

awesome

Inspired Contributor
thehushsoundroxsox

First of all, this thread is amazing. Thank you everyone who has contributed to the lists (I love finding new books to read!), especially Lexa555. Two thumbs up! And big ol' a cheesy smile... :smileyvery-happy:

Now, I noticed, no one has listed any Sara Zarr books! I feel they MUST be added, because she is a great author! Her books are very realistic, and the characters are very relatable; I've felt connected to each character in her books. I continued thinking about these books quite a while after finishing each one. In order of best to less best (because they're all good :smileyvery-happy:) here they are!

Sweethearts  (one of my absolute FAVORITE books, really sweet!)

Story of a Girl

Make every day a happy day :smileyvery-happy:
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Thank you for adding to the list and thank you so much for saying the list is awesome. I worked hard on it and with the help of many people on the boards it became the giant list you see. Since you two are new to the boards you might not know but to give someone praise for something they posted you can click on the leaf looking image underneath a person's name and it will give them a laurel. These laurels help to increase a person's status and they just symbolize a gread post. I am going to give each of you one for posting on this thread.

Welcome to the boards and thanks again for the comments and adding books!! :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
thehushsoundroxsox
0 Kudos

Oh, cool, thanks! I--as well as MANY others, I'm positive--really appreciate your hard work on this list. Your friendly dedication is admirable and sure to help several people enjoy themselves with all these wonderful books :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Aw thank you! I have been trying to become a reader-moderator so that I can help the teen board to stay organized but when I messaged an Administrator I never heard anything back and some people on here have heard about that and started a thread for me that says Make Lexa555 a reader-moderator. Maybe you could sign your name on their petition and I will be able to help many more people on the teen board. lol and no I'm not trying to sell myself or make you do anything I'm just trying to help the board out. :smileyvery-happy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
thehushsoundroxsox
0 Kudos

Haha, that sounds great! I'll be sure to sign! I hope they make you a reader-moderator, because you'd surely do a great job.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thanks again, it means a lot to me to help out here when I see the things that can be fixed.

Happy Reading!

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
Emilsay

John Green

Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, & Will Grayson Will Grayson.

Wonderful books- couldn't put them down :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thank you for posting. I believe those books are already on the list but it doesn't hurt to mention them again. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
Emilsay
0 Kudos

Sorry, must have skipped over them.  The list is so long!  Thanks for compiling it though, I'm sure it will come in handy :smileyhappy:

New User
Cmathis

Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Tattoo book 1

Fate book 2

Lee NIchols

Deception (Haunting Emma) This is the 1st book in the series, the next has yet to be released

Kelly Armstrong

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, Book 1)

The Awakening (Darkest Powers, Book 2)

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, Book 3)

Simone Elkeles

Leaving Paradise book 1

Return to Paradise to be released September 2010

Perfect Chemistry book 1

Rules of Attraction book 2

Carolyn MacCullough

Once a Witch

Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Creatures 

Stephanie Klein

Moose: A Memoir of Fat Camp

James Jennings

Go Ask Alice

Rebecca Godfrey

The Torn Skirt: A Novel

Anonymous

It Happened to Nancy: By an Anonymous Teenager, A True Story from Her Diary

Lauri Halse Anderson

Speak

Twisted

Wintergirls

Prom

Catalyst

Chains

Patricia McCormik

My Brother's Keeper

Purple Heart

Sold

Cut

Cecelia Ahern

Love, Rosie

Thanks for the Memories: A Novel

If You Could See Me Now

There's No Place Like Here

P.S. I Love You

I have personally read all of these books except for "Return to Paradise" (iI am very impaitently waiting for it to come out!) and I highly recommend them! I will add to this list soon, but the hour is late and work calls to me in the AM. :smileysad:  

(oh the joys of having a job that I can read at everyday. I'm up to 5 books a week, the librarians know me by name.)

New User
Cmathis

Oh... and if you click any of the books I have underlined.. It will take you to the Amazon site so you can look at a summary and what not! Hope this helps

Christy

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

cmathis- some of those books are already on the new list but thank you for posting them again and adding new books. All of the books on my list are links on the barnes and nobles site. Since you are a new user if you ever want to post a barnes and noble link just click the Add Product button on the toolbar and it will bring up an area where you can add a book by the link or by the link and the cover. This will make it easier then looking up the links on amazon and posting each individual link.  It looks like this..

Return to Paradise 

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
kori_mfn_presley

Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns and, An Abundance of Katherines  by: john green 

City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass (trilogy) by:Cassandra Claire

The Wicked Lovely series By:Mellisa Marr (Wicked Lovely, Fragile Eternity, Ink Exchange and, Radiant Shadows.)

Captivate and, Need By: Carrie Jones

Fallen and, Torment By: Lauren Kate

Shiver and, Linger By:Maggie Stiefvater

The Uglies, The Pretties, The Specials, The Extras By: Scott Westerfield

Wonderous Strange and Dark light   By:Lesley Livingston

Hush Hush By: Becca Fitspatrick

Ironking By: julia Kagawa

Tithe, Valiant, Ironside by: Holly Black

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thank you for posting on the list. I believe most if not all of those have already been added to the list on page 5 and 6 but thanks for stopping by and posting them again. Its always nice to be reminded of great books! :smileyvery-happy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

As a reminder to people posting on this list. I know that the main list on the bottom of page 5 and continuing and page 6 is rather long and you can easily lose track of what has been posted. That having been said I do encourage people to look over the list before adding books that have already been posted. Its always nice to be reminded of great books but we also want to keep it so that we are recommending as many books as possible that are not already on the list. This will cut down the clutter on this list and keep people from reading the list that I have made and duplicates that people are making. :smileywink:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Frequent Contributor
WestchesterRFranks
0 Kudos

Lexa555 wrote:

As a reminder to people posting on this list. I know that the main list on the bottom of page 5 and continuing and page 6 is rather long and you can easily lose track of what has been posted. That having been said I do encourage people to look over the list before adding books that have already been posted. Its always nice to be reminded of great books but we also want to keep it so that we are recommending as many books as possible that are not already on the list.  This will cut down the clutter on this list and keep people from reading the list that I have made and duplicates that people are making. :smileywink:

ok, thx