Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Rogue_X

Re: The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

So many books, so little time. Here are some series I find, ehh, good enough.

Claudia Grey: The Evernight series

Evernight

Stargazer

Hourglass

Alyson Noel: The Immortals series

Evermore

Bluemoon

Shadowland

Darkflame

Cristopher Pike:

Thirst No. 1

Thirst No. 2

Thirst No. 3

His books are amazing...

Daniel Waters: Generation Dead Novels

Generation Dead

Kiss of Life

Strange

Abra Ebner: Feather book series

Feather, book 1

Guardian, book 2

Raven, book 3

other by Abra is:

The Knight Angel Series

Barry Lyga:

Boy Toy

This book shows the reality of the world. And Barry wasnt scared to write in this one. Really good book.

Brian Meehl:

Suck it Up

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

I believe some of those are already on the list, as for the other ones they look like great books. Thanks for posting. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
whaiting-to-be-read
0 Kudos

hey! great books!! how are the

Contributor
whaiting-to-be-read
0 Kudos

sorry it cut my off how is the looking glass wars series? 

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

I have never read the looking glass wars series. I own the first book but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. My friend has read the books though and she likes them and always goes out the day a new one in the series comes out to buy it. I hope this helped!

Pages of Forbidden Love
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina

The Forest of Hands and Teeth  

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Cheyenne- I'm pretty sure that was on the list already but thanks for reminding us!

I would like to just take this time to remind everyone that the main list is at the very bottom of page 5 and continues on to page 6. Please check out the list for any recommendations.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Wordsmith
wheeze

[ Edited ]

Alright, I have a book that definitely needs to be added!

Harmonic Feedback 

It is the most real, and emotional book I have ever read. Suggest for alL!

** Just be forwarned, their is some explicit scenes in the book

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
New User
peprmntangel
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Please recommend books for me that are clean  no gratuitous explicit intimacy and no vulgar excessively crude  language,. I have read the immortals, the mortal instruments, fallen by Lauren Kate read and rereading the Twilight Saga books. So if someone could recommend books like these I would be glad and thankful...I am a bookworm.  I have also read the vampire academy books. I did not like vampire diaries or the blue bloods...I don't know why. I have just started shiver and I read the first book in the Nightworld series

Contributor
tas1396
0 Kudos

u should really read the study series by Maria V. Snyder it includes Poison Study, Magic Study, and Fire Study. Another good book is dark visions by L.J. Smith

TAS1396
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Wheeze- Thanks for adding that book. I've never heard of it before.

peprmntangle- You could try Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys  The Truth about Forever  Kissed by an Angel Trilogy (Kissed by an Angel Series)  The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)  Incarceron  The Luxe (Luxe Series #1)  Scrambled Eggs at Midnight  Along for the Ride  

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat

Pretty sure I didn't see this book anywhere on the original list:

Heist Society 

This was a very fun, quick read...a welcome change from the usual paranormal stuff.

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thanks for adding that. I've been wanting to read that book but lets face it my TBR pile is only a few books away from tumbling down and crushing me.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Contributor
ravenclawraindancer
0 Kudos

I recommend the Ann Rinaldi books. They're all historical fiction, and the ones I've read are all amazing. I have no doubt the rest of them are amazing too. I just bought another one day. 

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thanks for adding that. I have never heard anything about that author

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
LindseyHale

Great Books...

Patrick Ness

The Knife of Never Letting Go

The Ask and Answer

Monsters of Men

LynneEwing

Daughters of the moon series

Christine Fletcher

Ten Cents a Dance

Madeleine George

Looks

Leslie Connor

Waiting for normal

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thank you for adding those to the list. I have only heard of two of those books.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
FARIEQUEENE

If I am reposting, I apologize, but scanning through this I did not see a link to a series of books that have been out since I was in high school (a very long time ago in a galaxy far far away...) and I am overwhelmed that they are back in the spotlight again...

The Vampire Diaries #1-2 

The Vampire Diares is a GREAT series that I first read when the series initially came out over a decade ago.

I reccomend it to anyone who likes vampires and wants them a bit more nasty than the twilight sort (which  I like too, Im not a hater)

The internal struggle between the brothers Damon and Sefan are great and the books are nothing like the tv series (which I like too).

"I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king."
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Fariequeene- most of LJ Smith's books are on the very botton of page 5. But I always enjoy people reminding us of things they loved to read. I have read that series before I thought the first two books (four stories) were good and then I just felt with the newer releases that the story got out of hand and it turned me off that series. I do really like her Night World series though, I also own her Secret Circle series but haven't read it yet.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
FARIEQUEENE
0 Kudos

I haven't read her newer stuff in regards to the series, because I like how it originally ended back in the day, I dont fault her for attempting to get more out of the series, but I am much fonder with the end of the last book.

I enjoyed the Secret Circle a great deal as well, I highly recommend it.

"I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king."