Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Re: The Ultimate Book Recommendation List

Oh yes, this book is fantastic. 

Edison43 wrote:

I also recommend The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Series #1)

Reader 2
Ladyhawke55

This is still an awesome list! ;-)  I have another one to add.

Daughters of the Moon

I also have to say that I love the House of Night series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast.  I just finished Burned (House of Night Series #7)  tonight and I cannot wait for Awakened  to be released!

New User
Bella180

Hold Still - Nina LaCour

The Everafter - Amy Huntley

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chebosky

You Dont Know Me - David Klass

Crank - Glass- Fallout - Tricks- Identical- Burned - Impulse - Ellen Hopkins

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988

[ Edited ]
New User
MandiPointOh

Hello new here, I had no idea there were message boards on B&N

I read through a lot of the recs, I have a few to share, I hope that they are not repeats, I tried to skim through the whole thread...

Megan McCafferty- The Jessica Darling Series

Sloppy Firsts

Second Helpings

Charmed Thirds

Fourth Comings

Perfect Fifths

Even though the first part of the series is takes place with Jessica & Co. in high school, the books are located in the regular Fiction section of the book store. This series made me laugh a lot, and my 2nd Fictional boyfriend Marcus Flutie is just great.  So go get this  You. Yes. You

Marcus Zusak- I am the Messenger

And a lot of my other favorites were listed already.

I can't wait to get some more  books recs from you guys.

so many books, so little time

all that you need is in your soul
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

Thanks to the people who have posted lately with some great additions to the list.

The list is a little old so some of the newer books/series are not yet on it.

Maybe when I have more time I'll add some of the newest releases to the list.

Thanks again,

Lexa

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
LilMa

[ Edited ]

The partholon series by P.C. Cast consists of 5 total novels:

Divine by Mistake

Divine by Blood

Devine by Choice

Elphame's Choice

Brighid's Quest

THis is a great series to read. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Reviewing books is what I do: cnadeau1989.wordpress.com
Frequent Contributor
----SOBBY_love---

ok so i dont know if anyone has ever mentioned this but why dont you (im guessing lexa) put the list in categories when you have time of course. like for example you can say oh this series is like the hunger games or this series is parnormal-fallen angel like. and everyone when looking for books probably want to know3 whhat types of books theyre reading so everyone could pitch in. but it would be more of a spare time thing. just a suggestion :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

----SOBBY_love--- wrote:

ok so i dont know if anyone has ever mentioned this but why dont you (im guessing lexa) put the list in categories when you have time of course. like for example you can say oh this series is like the hunger games or this series is parnormal-fallen angel like. and everyone when looking for books probably want to know3 whhat types of books theyre reading so everyone could pitch in. but it would be more of a spare time thing. just a suggestion :smileyhappy:

I have thought about that but the list is four pages long and to categorize it would take hours more than it took to create the list in the first place. It is a good idea but I work and take online college classes so I don't have huge amounts of spare time. Maybe after my classes are over in midDecember I will have time and I can go through and revise the list and put it into pretty categories. But for now people can put a little work into it and click on the links themselves and figure out what type of book it is until I have more time. Plus most people don't even use this list they start random please help me get book recommendation threads instead of bothering to look around on this thread first.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Contributor
goobersmom57
0 Kudos

I love Libba Bray! Good choice!

S. Mathews
Distinguished Correspondent
bookluvr11

I dont know if this book is already on the list but if it is Sorry!

Alison Rules 

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

i don't believe that one is on the list. Didn't they come out with bigger volumes that include several of the stories.

I Like Him, He Likes Her

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
shmy

scnole wrote:

Oh yes, this book is fantastic. 

Edison43 wrote:

I also recommend The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Series #1)

This book is fantastic, but it is not in my opinion YA and should come with a warning  (which I didn't get and it kind of sour it up for me)

Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf

I'm not sure if it's on the list but has anyone read If I Stay? I cried through the whole thing. Not only a good YA book but I think everyone should have this on their faves.

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

If I Stay

Thanks for adding that to the list!

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
kristyn711

Although Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl was mentioned earlier, their newest novel (which I stayed up half of the night to finish) came out recently:  Beautiful Darkness.  Great series so far.

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." ~ Cicero

"My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter." ~ Thomas Helm
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Just to remind everyone the main list of this thread is on the very bottom of page 5 and continues on to page 6. i know that I need to redo the list soon because a lot of great books have come out in this second half of the year that are currently not on the original list.

Thank you to everyone who has stopped by to add something meaningful to this list. :smileyvery-happy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Ok with this list I was always planning on every 5 pages to redo the list so that it would be more up to date and would still be helpful to people. I would like the new list to start on page 10 so I might have to post a few things to get done with page 9 so everyone bare with me because this is really the only time I have to redo this list for everyone.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

So someone suggested before that the new list be in categories which I guess and I'm doing this new list I will try to block things off as either YA or Adult and then have those in categories such as paranormal, contemporary, sci-fi/fantasy. So basically it will be like some of the boards we have here on barnes and noble.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Ok last one....next page should have the NEW and IMPROVED list on it. yay...

Pages of Forbidden Love