Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
theknowinggoth
0 Kudos

The movie vs. The book

Okay, I just wanted some opinons...

Name a movie that was actually BETTER than the book...

Why do you think so?

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

Re: The movie vs. The book

hmmm....I don't think there is... lol
http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

yeah... i cant really think of one...ptsshh! :smileyvery-happy: i mean i bet there is one out there, but im not sure i can think of one off the top of my head.... :smileytongue:

"We could do pizza."
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Oh, and The Clique.

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Contributor
chesca123
0 Kudos

I dont think there actually is....? lol.

Books are usually better.

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm

Yeah, the books are always better then the movie....

the movie leaves to much out

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Contributor
Jaguar47
0 Kudos

All the movies I've seen based on books are so much worse than the books, so sometimes I don't even want to see the movie because they might ruin it!

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i agree usually the movie is now where close to the book

like percy jackson for instance.

i was so disappointed in how the movie wasnt close to the book, though it was still enjoyable to watch...

i find it nowadays that movie people get all their ideas from books

----------------------------------------------
Frequent Contributor
Fabulous_Ali
0 Kudos

Your all going to hate me 4 this......

Twilight Saga: New Moon 

only at some parts tho

my name was alison dilaurentis before they even announced pretty little liars would be a tv show *flips hair*
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Fabulous_Ali wrote:

Your all going to hate me 4 this......

Twilight Saga: New Moon 

only at some parts tho

lol disagree! anyway yeah i don't think there is any..... maybe.... nah.... nope none haha

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Fabulous_Ali
0 Kudos

Well I personally hate both Jacob Black and Taylor Lautner and the movie I think had less of both of them so I was perfectly fine :smileyhappy:)

my name was alison dilaurentis before they even announced pretty little liars would be a tv show *flips hair*
New User
ChristineXFairytale
0 Kudos

Ive never seen a movie that was better than a book, but it would be interesting to have that for once. If they didn't cut anything out of the movies it would be so much better.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

true, but they usually always twist it

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Maybe there isnt a smart director out there that can't noticed that people want the books to be like the movies and when I mean like I mean just like the books just just like. haha Directors I would wake up if I were you cause the readers are starting to get mad with the crap your making :smileytongue: Zing!

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

Stardust the movie is sooooooooo much better than the book.

there is also uhmmm... it's on the tip of my tongue.

i don't remember right at this second but i'll post again when i do. =]

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Re: The movie vs.The book

Did anyone think Golden Compass was better then the book??? To me idk cause it's still a tie ....*sighs

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i think the screenwriter or whoever writes the scripts should know better too

& i saw Golden Compass the movie, but have been scarred ever since the day i've watched that movie

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

bookrooted wrote:

i think the screenwriter or whoever writes the scripts should know better too

& i saw Golden Compass the movie, but have been scarred ever since the day i've watched that movie

:smileysurprised: O well um I didn't think it was scary really but I just don't understand why they didnt keep going with the books ????? I mean there are more books in the series right? I just don't understand :smileyindifferent:

Contributor
Madeline
0 Kudos

I agree I don't think there has ever been a movie that was as good as the books. But, if I had to choose movies that portray the books the best way I would have to say the Harry Potter movies. They are the closest rendition to the books that I have ever seen.