Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Re: The movie vs.. The book

Yeah I get what you are saying but yeah I do agree they can make a little bit of some parts in the book into the movie and it would be awesome for someone of us readers to see the people from the book that we pictured look just like the people in the movies (that would totally be the best part to me). Yeah I also do think they did a good job (little spoiling here) at New Moon but when she was sitting at her window and the months passed I kinda (dont hurt me) fell alseep a little. I am like bore! no one and just sit there sheesh I am yeah Edward the love of your life is gone but come on get up. Get some food and why the hell would you scream at night about a guy you have only known for a year??? I still ask these questions and it's been like 2 years since I first ever held New Moon.

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Yeah they circling around her when she was moping for the months was a good move, though it did make me dizzy Lol

& fictional characters' love is something really.....hmmm cant think of a word.....different? Lol in some cases

----------------------------------------------
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

haha yeah more like weird and not normal o wait that's weird xD

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

haha they all work

Contributor
Madeline
0 Kudos

I have to say if my husband decided to leave me because he thought it was best for me, I would be literally sitting in a chair looking out the window for months at a time. Just the thought of it gives me an excrutiating pain in my heart because my husband is the love of my life and without him there is no reason to live.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

awww(:

your husband must rock(:

we were just saying that in New Moon it was a good technique

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yeah we weren't trying to make anyone sad O_O sry o_o and aww yeah your husband does sound awesome =] must have a good one =P

Frequent Contributor
Serenity_
0 Kudos

LexieVamp wrote:

Yeah I get what you are saying but yeah I do agree they can make a little bit of some parts in the book into the movie and it would be awesome for someone of us readers to see the people from the book that we pictured look just like the people in the movies (that would totally be the best part to me). Yeah I also do think they did a good job (little spoiling here) at New Moon but when she was sitting at her window and the months passed I kinda (dont hurt me) fell alseep a little. I am like bore! no one and just sit there sheesh I am yeah Edward the love of your life is gone but come on get up. Get some food and why the hell would you scream at night about a guy you have only known for a year??? I still ask these questions and it's been like 2 years since I first ever held New Moon.

I think you ask these questions because you have never had your heartbroken, but I could be wrong.  This scene was the saddest part of the movie and book for me because I could sympathize with her.  I knew what it felt like to have someone I loved and cared for me tell me he no longer wanted me.  Its horrible feeling knowing someone you love doesn't love you anymore. 

"There is no great writing, only great rewriting."
-Justice Brandeis
Contributor
pretty_little_book_reader
0 Kudos

Re: The movie vs. The book

I can for sure say that many movies can't even compete with the books they are based on, but I did like Interview With A Vampire and Where The Wild Things Are. That's just my opinion.

Correspondent
Book_Girl14
0 Kudos

Books are always better!!! But, I liked Sense and Sensibility and Emma the books just as much as the movies! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

havent read Interview with the Vampire yet, only the beginning, but i really liked the movie.

& maybe some dont understand that part in new moon because they havent been through that big of a hearbreak...its a reasonable guess

truthfully i've never had to go through something like that, but i can only imagine what if felt like; though i dont think i would have gone through it the same way as bella

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

bookrooted wrote:

havent read Interview with the Vampire yet, only the beginning, but i really liked the movie.

& maybe some dont understand that part in new moon because they havent been through that big of a hearbreak...its a reasonable guess

truthfully i've never had to go through something like that, but i can only imagine what if felt like; though i dont think i would have gone through it the same way as bella

Yeah I havent read Interview with a Vampire yet either but I want to so bad! and I don't think I will ever feel like what Bella felt either I'm just not the type of person that crys over people leaving

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i'm overwhelmed with books (dont get me wrong, i love it) but maybe i will read it over the summer. The thing is, my mom read them when she was in college or something, and she said she had nightmares and freaked someone was gonna take her when she was out at night. haha i think she's just worried about me, but whenver i talk about them, i get a look haha. I will have to read em on the down low

New User
Vet2be
0 Kudos

True!

New User
Vet2be
0 Kudos

Finally someone who doesn't like Taylor Lautner! I think that he is SUPER ugly! And then all of me friends look at me like I'm crazy! 

Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

There really isn't many..if any...and i try to make it a point to read the book before i watch the movie ^_^

Bad idea if you ask me!....these directors take the idea and the names from the book but they don't really keep much after that >_< when i come out of a movie i usually want to punch the director for not keeping the movie SIMILAR at least ! ^_^

"The world is the same size, there's just... less in it..."
~Jack Sparrow -At Worlds End-
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yeah I am a little overwhelmed by books too but i love it =D. I don't think I can stop o and Taylor sucks i hate him xD. I mean yeah I like Jacob but Taylor blah! =P haha.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

taylor lautner is kinda getting old&boring for me, slowly...haha

but in the twilight books i always liked jacob