Frequent Contributor
katie_mills
0 Kudos

This Bothers Me.

All these people are now huge fans of Twilight, when it gets popuar, everyone jumps on the Twilight ship. But before it was popular, how many of you actually read it? Honestly. I mean I love the book, but that's how I feel. Like I believe that I read it before it was hugly popular.

I also get that way about music. Like me and my friend loved We The Kings, before they got popular. Same with Secondhand Serenade, Cobra Starship, All Time Low, and many others.

I don't know if I'm the only one really bothered by this, but I am lol.

"Son, fear is the heart of love."
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Re: This Bothers Me.

no offense at ALL because i've felt that way before too.

SOME people only like stuff because it is popular.

but i really don't like when scene kids start saying "i liked this band before it was famous blah blah blah"

not saying you're scene or anything.

but it always bugged me when kids said that.

yeah maybe it has more fans now but isn't that a good thing?

i think it's good because the more publicity the book gets the more people read it.

and there's always room for more twilighters ;]

it doesn't matter if someone started to read the book the day before the movie came out.

i dont even care if they read it after the movie came out.

a fan is a fan and i don't care how early someone started.

to me, it doesn't make someone more of a fan if they read the book when it wasn't popular at all.

yeah it's cool if you read it when hardly anyone knew about it but i don't think it means you're more of a fan.

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
White_Bear
0 Kudos

I too love being in on something before its mainstream. It makes me feel like a maverick or something. :smileyvery-happy:

I wasn't on the ground floor for Twilight, though. I have a copy but I haven't had the time to read yet, and if it's as good as people say it is, then I'm really glad it's popularity has exploded or I might never have gotten it. Plus, not only does it being so popular draw readers to the series, it draws new readers to the joy of reading! And that is always a good thing. Books like that can have a huge impact on illiteracy.

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different."
~Coco Chanel
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

katie_mills wrote:

All these people are now huge fans of Twilight, when it gets popuar, everyone jumps on the Twilight ship. But before it was popular, how many of you actually read it? Honestly. I mean I love the book, but that's how I feel. Like I believe that I read it before it was hugly popular.

I also get that way about music. Like me and my friend loved We The Kings, before they got popular. Same with Secondhand Serenade, Cobra Starship, All Time Low, and many others.

I don't know if I'm the only one really bothered by this, but I am lol.

i completely and totally agree.

i think i read twilight like right before it got super popular, i would take it to school and people would be like what book is that and i would tell them and they would just say it sounds stupid, and then literally a month later all of the people that said it was stupid were reading it, it really bothered me.

and i love we the kings and cobra starship (thats one of my favorite bands) but i started listening to them before they started getting alittle more popular and yeah its the same thing with twilight.

all that stuff bothers me. dont worry you arent alone :smileyhappy:

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

i didnt know  about it before it was popular.

but thats not why im obsessed.

but even when i did read them i didnt know excatly how popular they are

so yeah

sorry

&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

Honestly I didnt buy Twilight way before everyone else and I just bought it about 8 months ago and the really reason I bought it was to disprove all the hype that was going around my school. I bought it because I wanted to buy the book and tell everyone that i dint think it was that great. ( I just like being against the crowd like that) but on the contrary I ended up liking it more than I like any other book. So I dont think it matters when you like it or before who as long as we are all Twilight fans here, I think it is all good!!!
www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Frequent Contributor
katie_mills
0 Kudos

Like it's cool that that means that they are more fans, but I was just sorta saying that because this one girl at my school just started to read the books, and she's like "obsessed." But when me and my two other close friends were discussing it in class last year and carrying it around, she would give us weird looks, and whisper to her friends, about us. And I was just sorta stating it that way because I wanted to see who else felt that way.

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

when i first heard about twilight i thought it might be weird.

i didn't really wanna read a book about vampires.

that part turned me off.

but then i think maybe around may i bought it and it was in my room for a while.

then i finally picked it up and fell in love with it.

and im a HUGE fan.

if anyone tries to tell me otherwise just because it didn't appeal to me at first ... hahaha.

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
Lindsey93
0 Kudos

i so agree cuz like i read twilight when it first came out. i was in 7th grade.  also harry potter in 2nd grade and then it got big, and now everyone is like i love these books have you read them? um yeah! like way before you ever heard of them! it angers me haha . but i love reading books before they are popular.  it makes me feel good :smileywink: haha
That rebel moon is shinin' Those stars burn like diamonds
Hell bent on chasin' down that crazy spark
I'll follow you where you're leading
To the first sweet taste of freedom
You got me runnin' baby,
Wild at heart
New User
iluvtwilight711
0 Kudos

It bothers me a little bit, but not a lot, because I'm always happy when there's a new twilighter. I read it probably a few months before it became really popular. Ive gotten all my friends to read it, bu it annoyis me when all the time all the kids in my class are like "O, it sounds stupid" then when it got popular, they come up to me and say "Have you read twilight?? someone recomended it to me, and you really should read it"

Frequent Contributor
katie_mills
0 Kudos

But I guess the popularity of Twilight has really helped out other vampire/werewolf books.
Frequent Contributor
twilightandgemmafan
0 Kudos

I was one of the first people in my grade to read Twilight. I got everyone to read it. I love when new people become obsessed with it. Except when they claim that they love Twilight more than you. I mean, come on, there is more than enough Edward to share. =]
"We're like pretty horses, and just as on horses, they mean to put blinders on us so we can't look left or right but only straight ahead where they would lead.
Please, please, please, Gemma, let's not die inside before we have to."
-The Sweet Far Thing
Frequent Contributor
bookluvr101
0 Kudos

im one of the few people at my school that read twilight before it became popular and im happy and all that for sm but i kno a lot (well its not that many but watev) of people who wouldnt of even picked up the book to read when it wasnt as popular

so i guess i agree that it bothers me a little

Edward Cullen: Sexier than you since 1901Jasper Hale: Smoother than you since 1843Bella Swan: Luckier than you will ever be. Rosalie Hale: Prettier than you since 1915Alice Cullen: Quirkier than you since 1901Emmett Cullen: Stronger than you since 1915
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

well yeah sure, there's a lot of people that don't even read for fun but they read twilight because they heard it was so good. i heard it was being made into a movie and decided i would read it. i fell in love with it and i don't think it makes me any less of a fan or anything.

- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
imsosorrybutiloveyou
0 Kudos

oh my effen gosh same here.

my friend intro-ed my like 2 summers ago and now edwards face is on every girls shirt

it buggs the crap out of me.

well not the shirts. only when chicks are decked out in twilight merc.

like the shirts, jackets, tattoos and like they write bite me on their arms.

some chick did that for halloween. she wrote bite me on her two arms i was like wtf?

i still like twilight but im sick of the fans. i dont even consider my self like a "fan" anymore. i wont even pick up any copy of twilight anymore. but i still like it. but like not love.

but i still Cobra starship and all time low. hehe. gabe and ryland are soo damn hot. 

fer sure maybe. fer sure not. fer sure eh. fer sure bomb.
Frequent Contributor
katie_mills
0 Kudos

YES // Oh and Gabe and Ryland // That's on my list of "names-I'm-going-to-name-my-children-when-I-have-kids" //

Frequent Contributor
bookloverKG
0 Kudos

Ok. i just finished twilight just a a week or two ago. I like the book but i would not consider myself a fan. I didnt read it cuz everyone else was. Lame reason for not reading it but when i saw that the movie was comin out i decided to read it. And i did fall in love with Edward. I began reading it too when the Host became the most popular book at school. I havent read that yet but i will. The whole vampire thing put me off it for a while buti have to admit that i do like the book and i really want to read the second one. I cant wait. But i am not a fan but i can be after the movie. lol.
"I wasn't mad at him. He just had to die."
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

im sorry but i dont understand how you can say you fell in love with edward but youre not a fan.

- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
imsosorrybutiloveyou
0 Kudos

dude are you fer serious?

same here! i already have it planned, my first son or only son is gonna be ryland

i freakin love that name. omg and his last name blackinton.

besides gabe who would have such a hot name?

fer sure maybe. fer sure not. fer sure eh. fer sure bomb.
Frequent Contributor
bookloverKG
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
well you can love edward and find bella annoying. i think its just her that doesnt make me a fan. i dont know why she is but she just got me annoyed while i was reading it. But dont worry. After the movie and after i have read all the other 3 books then im certain that i will love the twilight series. But at the moment i just love edward. lol. Am i confusing anyone cuz i do that a lot to people. 
Message Edited by bookloverKG on 11-13-2008 07:36 PM
"I wasn't mad at him. He just had to die."