Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

Tim Burton

I just saw Alice in Wonderland and of course lol Tim Burton made it =P  If you don't know Tim Burton he is a dircetor that has made so many movies like: Charle and the chocolate factory, Sleepy Hollow, Nightmare on Elm Street, Nightmare before Chirstmas, The Curpse Brind, and many many movie that I don't feel like naming lol. So my question to you people is.... do you like Tim Burton or not? If you do what is your favorite movie that he has made and why? Mine has to be  Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Loved every part of it and Johnny Depp is in like every movie he makes haha but it truly is amazing =).

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

Re: Tim Burton

I love all the movies that Tim Burton has made! If I had to pick a favorite it would be Sweeny Todd, The Demon Barber on Fleet Street too. I also liked Sleepy Hollow too. They're all really good.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yeah I think my favorite part of Spoiler*** Sweeney Todd was when it was the beginning when Johnny Depp was singing "There is no place like London". Loved it =P So does anyone else like Tim or Sweeney Todd =P

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

LOVE HIS MOVIES!!!! They are so cool! (please excuse my "geeky-sounding-ness" =])

My favorite is... I have no clue.They are all so awesome.

I really liked Corpse Bride, A Nightmare Before Christmas, and Sweeney Todd.Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was better than Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory.

Just watched Alice in Wonderland and loved it! The card soldiers reminded me of the ones in The Looking Glass Wars. The Red Queen also reminded me of Redd. ;]

Johnny Depp is in every one of Tim Burton's movies (is this true, because I'm not sure?)

and the woman who played the Red Queen is also in many of Tim Burton's films. I don't remember her name.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Red Queen from the Tim Burton Film, her name is Helena Bonham Carter. She is amazing =) She of course has been in Alice in Wonderland, but also she played Ms. Lovett in Sweeney Todd also she was in Harry Potter movies 5 & 6. She has also been in The Wings of the Dove,  Fight Club, and much much more. O but to add to that she is also Tim Burton's wife xD.

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

cool. =]

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I love Tim Burton. He's one of my all time favorite directors. :smileyhappy:  My favorite would probably be Sweeney Todd, because I thought it was just amazing :smileyvery-happy: But also I love Edward Scissorhands, and can quote most of The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Corpse Bride. Lol. Dunno if this is just me, but I think a stage interpretation of Corpse Bride would be really awesome.   

Ok and I saw Alice In Wonderland twice, I think that overall it was brilliant, but when you look at parts of it, it........ wasn't really what I had hoped it to be. :/  There are a lot of mixed reviews out there of the movie... Umm so yeah. I'm not sure if I loved it. But the costumes and sets were all just really really really cool and amazing. :smileyvery-happy: So it was totally worth it just to see that, and to see Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp, Timothy Spall, and the rest of the awesome cast. Lol.

I don't think it was his best film by far. And part of me wonders what it would have been like if it wasn't a "Disney" film. An R Rated Alice In Wonderland. Now that could be really cool. :smileytongue:.

I think because it was made under Disney, there are just so many restraints and such, so it seemed like Time Burton was just standing there like "Ok, I have to make this movie rock. But it has to be a Disney movie. Little kids are coming to see this.. Alright. So this movie is gonna be amazing. I'm gonna do this, this, this, this... Ohh wait. I can't do that! Kids are watching. Ohh right ok. Lets try this this this.. Oh woops. Lets do this instead, little kids, little kids.. Right. Ok, well I;m gonna do this anyway. But er, right, little kids. So I'm gonna do this, and leave out this, but because this is a kids movie I have to add in something like this. And ... ok this is too dark. Cut out this. Add this. Alrighty! Heres my movie!"   :smileytongue:

Ok. So basically what all that meant was I didn't think it was a good combination or compremise of Tim Burton's ideas and what would make a good Disney film, suitable for little kids. It felt like he was torn between who he is has a director, and what Disney wants... sorta. :smileytongue: Maybe if another director had made it, the movie would have been better. But Tim Burton's (Wonder)Underland and Disney, it just didn't work out so well this time.. Not to say it wasn't a good movie. But.. ermm yeah ok I've ranted far too long. Lol i'm done now... :smileytongue:

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I do agree that if this was a R rated movie it prob would be a lot more cooler then it already is (was?) =P. I could totally imagine Tim doing that haha! And yeah I do think if maybe there was a different director it could be better, but maybe not a different director more like not Disney xD. Maybe if they did some other production and maybe it a R rated it probably would be Tim's best movie he ever made(maybe, I wish, I hope xD), if he ever considered that =P

Frequent Contributor
Jess25
0 Kudos

I love Tim burton but did not like the movie Charlie and the chocolate factory Johnny Depp creeped me out in that one don't get me wrong I love Johnny Depp but I thought he waas strage in that movie. My favorite is Coraline.

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

Johnny Depp was creepy in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory lol

How could I forget Edward Scissorhands?! That was the second Tim Burton movie I watched. =)

I saw Nightmare before Christmas first. Edward Scissorhands was so sad, but still good. But I didn't and still don't like Winona Ryder. I think she can't act. No offense to anyone who likes her.