Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL

Time to catch up :)

[ Edited ]

Some of you might be familiar with me and many probably not since I don't recognise a lot of you. I registered some time back, I was probably 14/15 at the time. Now I'm 18, gosh I feel old. Anyway as a lot of BN members I had become attached to started to leave, I found less and less reason to stay. I still like to come and check up on here and there just for old times sake. Until a year ago I always tried to keep track of the new members and say hi. It's not exactly the same as it used to be when all of the old members were here but I remember it being one of the best experiences ever. I got to know some amazing people. 

Many of you are now familiar with a particular few, or will become with time. I met one of my closest friends here, Kyleigh, she's the ass with the most Laurels LOL. I have BN to thank for this looser being in my life. Even after we stopped coming on BN we continued to remain close and still are. This includes many other BN members that I chat to on facebook even now. So you do meet some great people here, I can't guarantee that some of the friends you have made now will stay here, because eventually as users you have become familiar with begin to leave it's not really the same, as in my case. Don't take those you have become close to on here for granted, I terribly miss my tight group of friends that I used to talk to on a regular basis. To catch up we made this chat room (The Teen Reads chat room) which came in handy a lot, we had some hilarious times on there, I hope you guys still use it, if not bring it back to life for us oldies! :smileyvery-happy:

So I would say enjoy yourself with those who you have connected with now. I dearly miss some of the users even now. I  guess I wanted to get familiar with you guys since I am so behind. It's been a long time so I am still a little rusty! LOL. Maybe it's just me but I feel the threads are not as interesting anymore, maybe it's because we all talk about similar things all the time, so how about some unique eye catching threads? :smileyhappy:

So let's get to it, feel free to introduce yourself, talk about your favorite genre, books, movies, music, so that we can get to know each other a little better. :smileyhappy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Frequent Contributor
Boleyn

Re: Time to catch up :)

I hear ya!

I am a fairly new active member and I haven't posted all that much but I lurked around the forums for years and I have also noticed the topics kind of dwindling away so now that I am a registered user usually I don't have much to say. 

I think you and I have very similar taste in books! I checked out your blog and we read a lot of the same kinds of books. (I love fantasy/sci-fi!) Hm. Well my favorite book series like so many others is The Mortal Instruments, I think Cassandra Clare is amazing! I also really liked the Gemma Doyle Trilogy.

Besides Fantasy, I also like some historical fiction, so I loved Vixen which just came out not too long ago.

I'm 19 and a college freshman double majoring in Theatre and History. 

It's great to get to meet you and I am glad you came back around :smileyhappy:

"It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing."
BLUEICEGAL

Damn, so you've been around for years and I never noticed?! Do you remember me being around? :smileyhappy: I thnk that's a shame, I guess peeople just don't have much to say. I mean I recall the threads being more unique back when but maybe it comes down to the fact that everything was new, twlight had just released, many books that are so popular now were either unknown or not popular so it was always interesting discussing them, we also had some pretty good add ons which I look back at fondly but cringe at also :smileyvery-happy: glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Thanks for stopping over! You know the funny thing about the TMI series is that I was constantly babbling about it on the threads and no one had absolutely any idea about it. It feels good to know that it's finally getting the recognition that it deserves! Omg!! I love the Gemma Doyle series, I think it's absolutely amazing and so unique! I have seen Vixen a lot around the blogs, I'm quite the fan of the Luxe series Vampire academy, Thirteen Reasons Why is a particular favourite of mine.

Awesome to meet you to, hopefully I can get a little better at this and try to stick around more :smileywink:.

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
esme_cullen24

Hey BLUEICEGAL, hows it going?

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Cheyenne_Catina

howdy:smileyhappy:

i know what you mean. im still a regular on these boards and a lot of people that were around a couple of years ago are no longer on here...like at all.

i remember a lot of the older members and the posts on the boards back then. it was more fun i think back then, lol

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

BLUEICEGAL- It's good to see you back!! And yes I remember Kyleigh and all the other great people that used to talk on here, It was really great!! Even though I came towards the end of your guys "reign" I guess you could call it =), I talked to a lot of people on here and it was awesome awesome!!!! I kinda miss them to, even though I didn't really have that long of a chance to know them all ='(

And yeah your right the threads are are lot different then before, but then I guess the people are too! Not that that's a bad thing or anything, but I would have to agree. I remember one thread I think it was called "randomness" or something but it was the most awesome random thread ever! It was great, we need some more threads like that around here!

:smileyhappy: soo my name is Paige, but everyone just calls me Zoey ( which is fine!) and I like a lot of different types of books, movies, and music!! Some of my favorite genre's are dystopian, paranormal, I would like to read more realistic, but I really like any good genre!! I really have to many favorite books to count (for real!!!) but some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head are, The Hunger Games (amaaazinng! In my opinion), Vampire Academy (Awesomme!), The Mortal Instruments ( :smileyhappy: ) and the Night World Series ( greatt!) and soo many many many many more! (If you are really interested you can look in my library on my profile) I don't really have a favorite movie but one really cute little kids movie I have seen lately was Tangled (sooo cute!) Music hmmmm........ Well I like any music/songs that in my opinion are good, which is alot! I like pop,alternative,hiphop,some rock,some country and some of everthing else!!!!! Most the time I just hear a song and am like, "You know I like that song...." :smileyhappy:

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

BLUEICEGAL

Esme, as in the Esme from some time back? I haven't talked to you for like forever girl! I had no idea you still came on here! I seriously need to talk to kay and some of the other members I'm still in contact with and ask them to come here every so often, me and Kay do have blogs though, if you ever want to stop by since where always on there. I remember I added you on facebook but we never really got around to chatting on there, I've been good, a year or so back I started blogging and that pretty much took up a lot of time, it still does really.I watched The Social Network and The Pianist last night amazing movies! :smileyvery-happy:

Fantasy4eva
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

Yes she(the esme from awhile back) and I are one and the same. I know it has been forever. No it hasn't just been you not noticing, I made the decision that it was time to come back. So the Social Network was good? I have wanted to see it for awhile but I was a bit skeptical.

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
BLUEICEGAL

Cheyenne I remember you! It's good to see that your still on here. You think so? I guess it really just isn't me then. LOL one thing that there was here when we were around was DRAMA! LMFAO!! we had some crazy times I mean the bitchiness around here was hilarious, I mean it wasn't funny, okay it was kind of at the time anyway because sometimes things got really out of hand! lol, but looking back there was a lot of laughter and everyone knew everyone around the boards regardless if we all got along or not. I don't want all the people I'm familiar with to go, then that would just make me depressed which is why It was so great to see that you still came on. You know we could try an add on, but they quickly die out, it would be a great way of connecting again I think it could work out as long as we try to take part in it at least once every two days or so, let me know if you guys have any ideas. Nice seeing you again Cheyenne :smileyhappy:

Fantasy4eva
BLUEICEGAL

Dude are you kidding me! You mean I had no idea that your name was Paige all this time? Hold up I don't think you know mine either LOL! It's Almas but most peepz just call me Aly hahaha our reign, I guess that's one way to put it :smileyhappy: Ahh the randomness thread, it was something we made, this whole random concept, we like owned that word LOL we would go on the chat room or the random thread and just let go oh god I can't even remember half the things we came up with. Recall the whole Henry and pigs thing omg!!!! lol Aww that's a shame I remember you came close to when Kay and the others started to leave, you would have liked them, they were pretty awesome :smileyhappy:

You know I am really loving Dystopia right now, Personal favorites of mine are Matched and Delirium, have you read them yet? Omg I adore The Hunger Games, TMI series and and Vampire Academy, what were your thoughts on Last sacrifice? I have yet to read Mockingjay, feela bit nervous about reading it, I've heard quite the mixed things on it.

Fantasy4eva
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

Blue, don't do it! Mockingjay, that is. But if you must prepare for severe emotional swings on your own part, and on the characters parts...

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Haha that's right my name has been Paige all this time =) And omg that's a pretty awesome name!! Alamas.. I like it! I haha I know it was pretty great! Yea I wish I could've discovered this little ole' place called b&n a little bit sooner! And from what got to know of them they were pretty awesome :smileyhappy:

I've read Matched, just recently and yes I really like it! And I haven't read Delirium yet but it looks really really good! The Last Sacrifice was... amazing... a really great ending to a really great series really... I love this series, it's so action packed, has romance, and I love Rose's character! I was very surprised with who murdered queen tatiana and was just happy with the whole thing! Great book! I read Mockimgjay and yes there was a lot of mood swinging and katniss broke down a bit, but what could you really expect of her, she went through sooo sooo much. Some people probably didn't like the ending... at all but I was satisfied with the ending of the story I guess. Most people might have wanted something more but I think the ending was more realistic then the perfect ending we all wanted. I think you should read it just be aware of a not so happy ending =)

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well hi everyone!  I am pretty new to these boards.  I joined awhile ago, but just started posting after I got my NookColor for Christmas.  Since then I've been reading incessantly, because space is no longer a concern to me!  It was such a bummer having an overflowing bookcase filled with favorites I absolutely couldn't part with, but I don't have to worry about that anymore!  :smileyvery-happy: 

I'll be 28 in less than a month, I'm married, I have two crazy dogs to take care of and a red beta fish that does amazing flips and dances if he's hungry. :smileytongue:  I'm always on Teen Reads, because they're usually my favorite.

Speaking of favorites, I love dystopians (I loved The Giver, Brave New World, The Hunger Games series and Matched), futuristic sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, paranormal and any books that involve psychology since that was my major in college and I find it so intriguing (non-fiction like The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat or fiction like So B. It).  

The Giver

Brave New World

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)

Matched

So B. It

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat  

My favorite books ever are The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (technically a series so be prepared for a long read if you get it, but it's brilliantly written and hilarious so definitely worth the time) and The Little Prince (this is meant to be a children's book, but the metaphors are beautiful and sometimes complex, so I feel it was written for adults as well). 

Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Little Prince

I listen to lots of music including stuff from other countries I don't even understand, but if it has a lovely melody, instrumentation or singing then I'll give it a chance.  :robotvery-happy:  I've been working on my Pandora station for years now and it has everything from hip-hop to Spanish guitar to jungle and 80's music.  I like songs from almost every decade and every genre except: death metal, hardcore punk, classic country and... polka.  :smileyvery-happy:

My favorite movies are: Amelie, The Goonies, Everything is Illuminated, Alice in Wonderland, Big Trouble in Little China, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away and I really like documentaries as well.

It's nice to meet everyone! 

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

have you heard of brain jack? thats a dystopian book too

Brain Jack 

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I've seen that while looking for new books, but I didn't add it to my wishlist, because it seems to be very militaristic and I'm not sure how much I would enjoy that.  I do have some other dystopians on my list to read, but I'm not sure about them either.  A few of them seem to be more satire than fictional dystopian and while I appreciate that almost ALL dystopians have a hint of satire, I'm not reading these books to scare myself about our own government or future, I read them for fun!  So, here are some of the ones I am considering but might fall into that category so I don't know...

These are just from my wishlist, I haven't purchased any yet, so if you read any and have some thoughts, please share them.  :smileyhappy:

The Handmaid's Tale - This one seems to be a scary satire.  I'm not sure if I would like it. 

The Maze Runner - I see this listed here and there and people said if I liked The Hunger Games I would like this one too.

Uglies (Uglies Series #1) - This is one of the ones I actually do have already, but weak reviews have caused me to keep putting it aside.

The City of Ember (Books of Ember Series #1) - Another one I currently own.  I guess maybe it just feels too familiar after The Hunger Games and that's why I can't get into it.

1984 - A classic that I missed in all my readings.  Perhaps since everyone compared it to Brave New World (and said it wasn't as good), it didn't seem like it would be worth reading.

Ender's Game (Ender Wiggin Series #1) - This one is pretty militaristic too, but after decades of rave reviews, I wanted to see for myself.  I did buy this one already as well.

The Declaration - This looks good, but I feel a strong satire peeking through the lens of a dystopian here haha.

Feed - Definitely a satire so I may never read this one...

Delirium - Yet to be released for the NookColor, but it looks really good and I look forward to reading it.

I Am Number Four - Creepy and scary, this one seems like a unique perspective on the genre.

Unwind - This was already recommended by a B&N friend and it looks really good. 

And as you can see I lied, because I do have some of these books already, but most are from my wishlist.  Now you can see the true extent of my love for dystopians haha.  Anyway, please respond if you have read any of these and can recommend it or if you read any and can save me the time of a boring read or one that's too much of a satire, because I really don't like being lectured through my books lol.

Thanks!

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sandra- I personally really liked the Maze Runner it was a very exciting book! It was also very unique and I really enjoyed it! Uglies, like I have already mentioned I liked, but it could have been better. I just got Unwind from the library a few days ago so I will be reading that soon but it looks very good and I'll tell you how it is when I am done. =)

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

I have read Uglies, The City of Ember, Feed and Unwind. I really liked Uglies and The City of Ember(its not really like the Hunger Games once you get into it) but they are for a younger audience, but I was younger when I read them so yeah. Feed was pretty good but most definitely not my favorite. On the other hand, Unwind is one of my favorite books because it has such an interesting basis.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Thanks Zoey and Esme!  I really appreciate your opinions, because there are so many dystopians to choose from and I don't want to waste my time or money with a lackluster option!  *hugs*

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Sandra- =) Your Welcome!!

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Hi Blue.

I know Ky the brat has the highest number still even though she never gets on here anymore!

I seem to keep up to date with Ky a little more than I do with you but I have missed you

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/