Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
D-Vos

To whoever posted a bad review of my book...

Yesterday I received a negative review of my book by someone on this book. I am fine with having a negative review, but this one in particular was innappropriate in that it was a personal attack on me as a personal opinion about how I had corrected spelling errors of said person.

I do not know who posted this review (it was listed as anonymous), but this was an inappropriate reaction. If you are angry at someone for something that was not done out of spite, the correct response is not to write a bad review about his book which you have not even read. I know you feel badly, but I think that this is a bit of an overreaction. I forgive you for doing this, but I still ask that you either remove the review.

I apologize for any hurt feelings. They were certainly unintended.

D-Vos

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

Re: To whoever posted a bad review of my book...

You should probably contact one of the editors to see about having the review of your book amended/removed.

D-Vos wrote:

Yesterday I received a negative review of my book by someone on this book. I am fine with having a negative review, but this one in particular was innappropriate in that it was a personal attack on me as a personal opinion about how I had corrected spelling errors of said person.

I do not know who posted this review (it was listed as anonymous), but this was an inappropriate reaction. If you are angry at someone for something that was not done out of spite, the correct response is not to write a bad review about his book which you have not even read. I know you feel badly, but I think that this is a bit of an overreaction. I forgive you for doing this, but I still ask that you either remove the review.

I apologize for any hurt feelings. They were certainly unintended.

D-Vos

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
D-Vos
0 Kudos

How would I go about this?

D-Vos

Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

were they being mean to you?

i hate when ppl do that

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
Luna93
0 Kudos

yeah layla i agree with u. i think it's pretty stupid that someone would go do that. i mean come on r we really back in first grade again. can't we just confront eachother with r problems instead of doing it anonymously. that person could of at least had the guts to put thier actual name up there. grr hate ppl who do that. its so retarted. lol!!! :smileytongue:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

To start, send a private message to Kevin, one of the admins, telling him about the problem.  Be sure to include the link to your book on the website so he can see the posted "review" and doesn't have to search for it.  He should be able to direct you to the right people so it can hopefully be rectified.

D-Vos wrote:

How would I go about this?

D-Vos

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

well i just fond out that your a author and thats not cool that someone would do something like that.:smileysad:
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Frequent Contributor
crazyARTISTICmind
0 Kudos

thats not right. just because a person doesn't like a book doesn't mean that they can leave nasty reviews. i'm sorry that a person could be that mean. :smileysad:

Tiger! Tiger! Burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmentry?
-William Blake
D-Vos
0 Kudos

But really the thing is that she hadn't even read the book. She was just being overreactive. I hope they can fess up on this thread. That would be nice.

(Not that I expect that to happen...)

D-Vos

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

D-Vos wrote:

But really the thing is that she hadn't even read the book. She was just being overreactive. I hope they can fess up on this thread. That would be nice.

(Not that I expect that to happen...)

D-Vos

Yah, that was petty mean but all author go though that. but the cool thing is that there's a lot more people who like your book then dislike it.

p.s its still really cool, that your a author.:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by dragon560 on 05-02-2009 01:50 PM
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

That's SOOOOO cool that you're an authpr, D-Vos, I'lkl try to check out your book!
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!