Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Re: Truthfully which of these series are actually worth reading?

Ok sweet.  I was afraid they'd all be gushy love stories with no plot.  Lol.  I'll have to check them out.  Lol. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

ok im reading untamed, from the house of night series, and so much has happened i fel like screaming! like these boks are fantastic so much more than i expected like im on the part

SPOILER!!

where stark is coughin blood, and hes making her promise not to forget him i feel like im gunna burst which hasnt hapened in a long time, omg like i jsut need to talk about it with someone, like yeh she needs to cool down on the guys, but stark seems so sweet and its hardly unfair about him being taken away from her so soon, anyone waana discuss cz i need to let it out lol

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

**spoiler**

i know! i was so sad, when he died!

pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Frequent Contributor
Jasmine7
0 Kudos

I heard Blue Blood was a dud and that it was a lot like Gossip Girl with vampires.

Although the vampire academy is very good!!!!!!!!

New User
vampirefan
0 Kudos

I really like Blue Bloods and the House of Night series, but I didn't like the Vampire Kisses series (i read the first 2 books).
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey guys so a couple of mins ago, i just finished feast of fools book 4 from morganville vampires, and what can i say, when i read the first i actualy thought of backing of the series and almost did, since i thought series like secret circle and twilight i got into striaght away, but by the second i started to see the potential, im about to start the fifth now, and i think morganville vamps is on a whole diff level that i would have never expected, the vapms arnt just what we typical hot guys and pretty girls, saving little girls etc they have a actual purpose and the storylines pretty deep, and even the bad guys u want to hate, in a twisted way u accept the way they are, and u dont get that in alot of books, ok im done hehehe, so basically morganvile series has totaly surpassed my expectations and i think claire is someone everyone can look up to, and her and shane are so meant for each other hehehe, so wt anyone else think on the series?
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
New User
jolly_ranchers231
0 Kudos

i really think that vampire kisses is great. i have the books and they freaken rock. they arent like omg this is just like twilight cause no its not its really awesome and diffrent from twilight. something new right? well thats just my opinion.
Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

I agree. They are not as omg terrificly awesome as the Twilgiht Saga, but the plot lines are really interesting and still keep you interested until the end of the book.
www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey guys just finished frostbite from vampire acadamy and im really enjoyin it, rose is my gav shes so loyal and mature shes totaly someone girls can relate and look up to, so anyway im having the same prob i had with private series like who the hell is on the covers, mind my french hehehehe, ok so on the first easy rose, but on frostbite, i have no idea, ive heared its suposed to be isaiah which if it is would totally suck, cz when i saw the cover i thought hed be like a a guy shed like, like why put someone on the cover who came up like right at the end  and he aint even described good loking in the book, there are way more hotter guys in the book so like why not mason or sumat, i dunno, and i think the last one, is lissa and dimitri cz it says on the cover who will she choose between the two, but im curious wt lissa bf loked like not fair , lol so anyone wanna help me out and whats ur take on the series
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Well, on Richelle Mead's website she said the first cover is Rose, Frostbite she was unsure of (authors have NO control of covers) and Shadow Kiss has Lissa and Dimitri. I LOVE this series. I've read Shadow Kiss and can't wait until Blood Promise comes out in August! Even though Shadow Kiss is my favorite book in the series I would read it slowly, just because it leaves you on the edge of your seat and the next book doesn't come out for months! I'm really glad you like the series! :smileywink:
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey just finished reading, shadow kissed (vampire acadamy)

SPOILER!!

the ending in a way was sad but so right, like when rose and dimitri finally put each other first  it like they are so meant for each other, and god when she couldnt find him, my heart started beating and then on top of everything he turns Strigoi i was like no way, and when she was leaving, and was leaving lissa im glad she finally told lissa wt she needed to hear, like how shes was being selfish and she neded to do this for herself, and the part really got to me when shes leaving through the skool gates and says bye to mason, and it describes how she saw that old mischivious smile she always loved, and like i felt sorta emotional i really liked him, and its sad that he wouldnt be around and seemd so sad, lol now that ive read the series, wt did u guys think abot the ending, and a part of me felt she moved on or didnt mourn enough for him, like he got himself killed to save her, i dunno i know she loved dimitri and hes a good guy, but i just felt sorry for mason, that he couldnt have the person he loved i just felt it was a sad ending on his part, oh well :smileyhappy:

Fantasy4eva
Frequent Contributor
cruorem_pluvia
0 Kudos

I would read:

*Vampire academy

*Nightworld series

*house of night series

*blue bloods

and my friend thought these were good:

*crique de freak series

(i'd take her word for it)

Contributor
vampire_luver_171
0 Kudos

i've read all of the series here 

& i liked them all except the sookie stackhouse .. idk why but i dodnt like it tht much . 

life is music, play it LOUDER .
Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

I reccomend:

vamp academy

morganville vampires

house of night (love it sooooo much!!!)

and Blue Bloods

I've also read vampire kisses and cirque de freak. Vampire kisses was pretty ok, but I didn't like cirque de freak. I didn't think It was very well written. :/

team GALE, anyone?
Correspondent
laxgirl979
0 Kudos

The Morganville Vampire series is great. The characters are older and can be more mature than some other teen characters. It has great romance and suspense. The worst thing about them is that they're quick reads and they leave you wanting more.

The first book in the blue bloods series is good but nothing major happens in the second. The third one is good too but again the problem is never really solved.

"I have always imagined Paradise will be a kind of library."- Jorge Luis Borges
Inspired Contributor
rebecca_m_15
0 Kudos

I think The Blue Blood books are really good. 

You don't have to do what's normal. I certainly don't! :smileyvery-happy:
New User
Valerie_Me
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Okay, honestly? I find the Blue Bloods series to be completely overrated. I'm about 6 chapters into Glass Houses (book one in the Morganville Vampires series) and I'm bored and I don't like it at all.

I've read the first book in the Vampire Kisses series, and it was just okay. The House of Night series is decent. I find the first two books to be the best in it. After that it goes down hill a bit, at least in my opinion. However, I LOVE the Vampire Academy series. I can't wait for Blood Promise to come out.

Message Edited by Valerie_Me on 04-04-2009 04:05 PM
Correspondent
molie111
0 Kudos

vampire academy

soooooooooooo sad

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Like I've said before Vampire Academy series rules! Finally, a main character that can kick butt!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

ok well

vampire acadamy is totally awesome

its my favorite book series so far so you should definetly read it, it has romance and vilence<dunno how to spell it right now> 

nightworld series other than v.a this is preety awesome if you love soulmates mixed vampires werewolve witches and shapeshifters

vampire kisses its a good book series but not my favorite but you'll prolly love it

house of night series is freaking amazingly cool i mean it will make you want hella more its totally rad and everyone talks and acts just like regular teenagers even though they are vamps :smileyvery-happy:

blue bloods are like awesomelydamn great i mean its got me addicted and waiting for more, if you like somewhat mysteries and it has a twist of romance in it

but these are the only series i read

theyre all amazing so i highly recomend them

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.