Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

Twilight on SNL

[ Edited ]

The_Mad_Chatter came up with a really good idea - she wants a bunch of twilight fans to email SNL asking for a twilight themed episoded with Robert Pattinson as guest host. So, on November 1st we can all email them with the same subject line. Heres what she wrote in the community book club:

____________________________________________________________________________________

I am considering holding a cyber sit in all in the name of Twilight.  I think it would be awesome to petition Saturday Night Live by the thousands to have a special Twilight night with Robert Pattison as the host.  I am trying to get a movement going and would love the help.  Anyone interested in joining  in the fun?  Just think of all those Twilight scenes done in skit form--SNL style.   How fun!    

So it would be great if people could pass it on, and maybe we can start planning.

Message Edited by twilightfann on 10-13-2008 07:32 PM
Message Edited by twilightfann on 10-13-2008 07:34 PM
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Frequent Contributor
bookfreak5
0 Kudos

Re: Twilight on SNL

okay im in
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

sure why not?
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

kk
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

If you are interested in joining the movement, please look on the Romantic Reads Board for all the information.  Thank you so much and please SPREAD THE WORD! 

TWILIGHT ON SNL!

New User
kinitrinh
0 Kudos

hehe!!i like the idea!! im in!! :]
Frequent Contributor
bookluvr101
0 Kudos

Hells yes!!!!!
Edward Cullen: Sexier than you since 1901Jasper Hale: Smoother than you since 1843Bella Swan: Luckier than you will ever be. Rosalie Hale: Prettier than you since 1915Alice Cullen: Quirkier than you since 1901Emmett Cullen: Stronger than you since 1915
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

Excellent!  Spread the word!

Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

Sweet! Okay, I got about five of my friends to send the email, too. Hope this works :smileyhappy:
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

If you google "Twilight on SNL" your original post comes up first!  How sweet is that!  Spread the word!
Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

Just letting you know they are totally going to make fun of it or us or both. But I am in! They might have to contact Stephenie Meyer for permission though. And the people at summit. Oh and say stuff like it will boost their teen audience which means pretty steady watching for about the next ten years.

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

I'm willing to take one for the team!  Please let me know how you're spreading the word.  I'm trying to keep a list of our efforts.
Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

Here's the petition the mad chatter sent me :

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/TwilightonSNL

:smileyhappy:

Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

I'm in!
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
And I will cling to our eternal Eclipse
Until the day of our Breaking Dawn
*** I'm with the vampires, of course. ***
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

Nov 1st: Email NBC for Twilight on SNL

Today's the day!  Get your fingers busy!
Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

Re: Nov 1st: Email NBC for Twilight on SNL

what's the email??
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
And I will cling to our eternal Eclipse
Until the day of our Breaking Dawn
*** I'm with the vampires, of course. ***
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

im confuse wht r we goin 2 do there?
**DLN**
Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

anybody know the email address for NBC? lol i think that would help.

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

rob will be on trl thursday :smileyhappy:
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
bookfreak5
0 Kudos

shesaxsensation wrote:
rob will be on trl thursday :smileyhappy:

yay im going to have to record it