Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Cazie96
0 Kudos

Uglies trio anyone?

[ Edited ]

There's Twilight, Harry Potter, and so many more great series. But does anyone here like the Uglies trilogy? Uglies, Pretties, Specials and the additional book, Extras. Anybody a fan of those?

Message Edited by Cazie96 on 08-07-2009 07:59 PM

"If I'm a nobody, and nobody's perfect, then I guess I'm perfect"
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

Re: Uglies trio anyone?

on the third book. yaa they are interesting. i call the pretties plastics. lol
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Inspired Correspondent
passi0nate_1
0 Kudos

read all of them. to be honest they didnt really appeal to me. i thought they were kind of boring.

Music is the cure.
I am the addiction.
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I LOVE the Uglies Series!!! :smileyhappy:

Team David

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
New User
Cazie96
0 Kudos

Yayyy there's other fans :smileyhappy: I liked them all! I loved Specials but the only one I didn't like a lot was Pretties. There were so many snobs :smileysad: What did you guys think about Extras?

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Cazie96 wrote:
Yayyy there's other fans :smileyhappy: I liked them all! I loved Specials but the only one I didn't like a lot was Pretties. There were so many snobs :smileysad: What did you guys think about Extras?

It was ok.....

For me it got confusing at times.....

But I love the end :smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
B&N Bookseller
melissas

I read the Uglies series and loved it. I would have to say that my least favorite was Extras. I think it's because it had a whole new cast of main characters. Not to mention the ranking system that had been developed since Specials. I liked Aya, and all, but she just didn't have the spark that Tally did. If there had been another book focussing on Tally, I think I would have enjoyed it more.

New User
Cazie96
0 Kudos

I completely agree! The whole new cast...I just loved it! But I couldn't believe it was only, what, 3 years ahead and their world changed so much!

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Ooooh I love the Trilogy plus 1. Lol. Extras was my favorite seeing as the whole ranking thing was epic and just entertaining lmfao. I read it around um, my Sophmore year. No the beginning of my Junior year lol. That was 07 yea xD. I have to read it again. I think it was 07 lol idr.
TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink: