Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
esmelove
0 Kudos

Uglies!!!

Im reading the uglies right now!! they amazing anyone who is looking for a book to read should read them for shore!!!!!
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

Re: Uglies!!!

i read the first 2 and i thought they were getting horrible so if they get better plz tell me!!
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Well Uglies is the best.  I thought Pretties was till good.  I kinda of began to hate Tally in Specials though.  Extra's was good until he re-introduced Tally, then it kinda just went down hill.  I still like the series but it wan't amazing all the way through. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Contributor
esmelove
0 Kudos

hey i finished the first three and they r great!!!!! my fav is the pretties!!!! i think you should keep reading them!!!! i dont think im goin to read the extras though cause it does not look as good but maybe!!!!!!

~esmelove!!!

Frequent Contributor
marisab20
0 Kudos

pretties was definetlly my favorite!!!! specials was a little annoying but not horrible. i just started reading extras. like just started. it not to bad yet.
You know you love me,
Marisa
Contributor
iloveponyboy
0 Kudos

I love the Uglies! It's not as good as some of the other books I've read, but it is still pretty good.:smileyhappy:
*Let's do it for Johnny, man. We'll do it for Johnny!*
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I'll end up reading Uglies before I see the movie. Well the movie isn't out for like, two years?
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Ya it's like 2011 I think. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Contributor
iloveponyboy
0 Kudos

i'm pretty sure it is 2011
*Let's do it for Johnny, man. We'll do it for Johnny!*
Frequent Contributor
marisab20
0 Kudos

they're making a movie???? sweet!!! its gonna be really good.

i finished extras. it was good. my fav is still pretties. this is definetly one of my favorite series. i was always hooked on the books and never got bored. it would be cool in Scott Westerfeld wrote another book for after extras.

You know you love me,
Marisa
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

It would be cool if Scott wrote more on anything! Lol.  Or came out with a new series.  THAT would be amazing.  Though I wouldn't have a clue what he would write about.  Lol. 
Contributor
esmelove
0 Kudos

Oh cool i didnt know they were making a movie!!!! i wonder who is going to play the characters??

~esmelove!!!!

Contributor
Bella_Marie_Cullen
0 Kudos

They are really awesome! I really hope they make movies out of the series some day. They could have some totally sweet special effects. Anyway, did you read "Bogus to Bubbly" yet? It's like an insider guide to the world of the series withe history, manals for hoverboards, everything! I just started it today and it's really interesting so far. It gives you a lot of good background on the events that led up to that society form.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Oh really?  I didn't really know what it was about, though I loved the title.  I just might buy it. 

On the movie front, nothing has been released except for the producer and director(the last time I checked) 

Contributor
esmelove
0 Kudos

wait theres really a book called bogus to bubby? it sounds cool!!! does it have any of the characters in it??? and how did u guys hear about the movie? i never new they were making  a movie!!! its goin to be sooo good!!!

~esmelove!!!

Contributor
Bella_Marie_Cullen
0 Kudos

Yeah, I just finished it today. It was really interesting and funny too! You should totally buy it. I didn't even know about the movie until you just told me, but that's awesome! I can't wait for it to come out!
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I have no idea what it's about, it's just suppose to be a guide to the world of Uglies. 

I can't remember how I heard about Uglies the movie.  I heard vague rumors forever ago, but there was nothing anywhere.  I just know that if you type in Uglies the movie IMBD will pop up and it's there.  It was probably posted on some site, but I don't remember.  Lol.  

Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

I read all the Uglies books, except for Bogus to Bubbly. My favorite one was Pretties. The first book is hard to get into, but you should definitely keep reading. Extras wasn't as good as the first three, but it resolved some issues from the previous books. I reccomend that too.

Kyleigh wrote:
It would be cool if Scott wrote more on anything! Lol.  Or came out with a new series.  THAT would be amazing.  Though I wouldn't have a clue what he would write about.  Lol. 

I saw an interview with him and he said he's writing a new book. It's a world war II romance or something. You should also try The Midnighters Trilogy and So Yesterday.
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I saw an interview with him and he said he's writing a new book. It's a world war II romance or something. You should also try The Midnighters Trilogy and So Yesterday.

Dude!  Sweet.  Ya I've read Midnighters.  I've been wanting to read So Yesterday forever though. I really want to read Evolutions Darling too.  I'm not really a huge fan of adult sci-fi but I'm willing to give Scott's a try.  Lol.  

New User
Neji-Edward-Jacob-luver
0 Kudos

uglies was so good im reading pretties!!! i can't wiat to get to specials then extra's!!!